This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Stephan Watson Stephan Watson 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Superhero Idea

Hey people,

I have an idea for a story that I’ve worked out and would love to see turned into some form other than a daydream. You can take the idea and run with it, I just can’t let this thing fester in my brain anymore.

I would love to see a story of a person that gets stricken with “powers” that doesn’t really expect or pretty much want them. Not only that, but the first time he/she discovers and uses their powers; they are “outed” to the entire planet. I think it would be interesting to see a “super” that never got the chance to have a secret identity. The character I had in my mind is a mid-20s black male, married (2 years), with one child. (I have an idea for a sequel already that brings 2 more kids into the mix, but its just a brain-child).

I’ve already imagined scenarios where public figures try to “brand” him to a cause. Entertainment approaches him to become an icon. The military seeks to use him in international quarrels. And all of this without disposable income (so he still needs a job). He wants to help people and do the right thing, but he doesn’t really want to be a “Super-man.” Like I said I have pretty much the entire book laid out page for page, but I can’t write to save my life. I’m a pretty decent story teller when it comes to speaking audibly, but I can’t put my ideas into writing for the life of me. I view it as a fun and intriguing idea, and I would love if anyone that found it fun would get back to me. You can either post a reply or email me at stephanwatson88@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.