This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Shirley Bruce Shirley Bruce 5 years ago.

Steroid Use in Professional Sports

• Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

steroids have been linked to brain tumors.  Yea, I know lots of things have been linked to cancer but that doesn’t mean you have to use those things.  I personally think using steroids will lead to the use of other types of drugs whose only purpose is of bulking a player.  There was once a day when those who played professional sports were lucky because they got to play a game they really loved every week (Or in some cases day).  I believe professional sports should be about playing a game you really love.  Not about seeing who can bulk up and hit more home runs.[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of Pons Matal

there should be no use of anything that enhances your "natural" ability. As an athlete you are supposed to be pitting yourself against others in a natural state. I feel the use of steroids or other substances that give you and advantage is unsportsmanlike. Also there are the possible side effect of such drug or substance use….just look at what happened to Lyle Alzado.

KISS’d by Sigler Honored recipient of the "Iron Man" Award. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

Profile photo of Trevor Maten

I’m currently writing a persuasive essay defending the use of steroids in professional sports, and was wondering what you opinion is on the subject.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.