This topic contains 9 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 4 years, 9 months ago.

So, which Junkies are going where when? Coordinate here!

and certainly makes sense if there’s a tax advantage

Anyone going to WonderCon in SF this year?

BigJohn

That’s why the fire service went to the Incident Command System. They finally figured out that having a common vocabularly was a good thing. Nothing like asking for resources in one ‘language’ and getting something else entirely because you’re operating in a different state.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

But it’s only for the one year. Here’s what the website said:

"Dragon*Con membership covers all four days, all panels, events, demonstrations, concerts, performances, contests, snacks and munchies in our Consuite (as available) and a host of other activities."

They have "Eternal" memberships for a cool $1,000

But after going, it sure seems like a what other conferences call a Registration.

For example, I’m 90% certain that the registration fees for Balticon are half price for those who are members of the Baltimore Science Fiction Society. I do not know if there is an equivalent organization who is responsible for hosting/organizing DragonCon, but I would suspect there is. I will not be going to DragonCon 2010.

Balticon registration rates are: 

• $48/$24 before February 28th
    • $53/$26 March 1st — April 30th
    • $60/$30 after April 30th

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

I will be sure to send in my early registration, then!

For the other frugal junkies, here’s the pricing breakdown:

Pricing for the Memberships to Dragon*Con 2010 is as follows:

• $70 until 02/15/2010
    • $80 until 05/14/2010
    • $90 until 07/15/2010
    • $100 thereafter

So, if you buy early, you can spend that $30 on "The Starter," right?

Then again, I hadn’t heard of BayCon until you told me Scott was going there instead of Balticon. I live a sheltered life Cry

At this point, I am still looking for someone to split the cost of a room with. Shoot me an email at sadock76@msn.com if you’re interested.

plan a trip to the planet of Whitok.  ANyone else want to go???

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Are you going to a Con? On a business trip? Taking a vacation to the Phillipines? Or simply going to the Big Apple to see "Cats?"

If you’d like to try and hook up with some fellow Junkies, this is the place to do it. Post where you’re going to be and when. Feel free to discuss meetup details publicly or use the PM function if you want want to keep things private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.