This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of GJ GJ 3 years, 9 months ago.

So here is me thinking I have a UK earthcore book

and I’m feling pretty lucky.. only to go open the box and tissue paper to find that it’s in German!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHH

So will there be a re print round coming soon? I can only find 3 uk editions online and they want £135 gbp for them!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Bummer for you.

I would bung the German edition on ebay.

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

she thought she’d done so well! I’m not going to tell her she’d be gutted! I know I am – boo hoo

Guestford_junkie No I do not know everything, but I pretend that I do and I nod in all the right places

THe only HARDcover is in German.

Judging from what the FDØ said recently, it appears that Earthcore may get an update soon. He mentioned that “when Earthcore is re-released, it will take place after Ancestor” or something like that.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

that it will be 2012? that’s a long long way away! Let’s start a campaign to being it forward!! Who’s with me?

Considering there’s more preference to the new content coming out between now and then. A and Scott have the next 5 or so years figured out already. Did you listen to the year in review for 2009?

In which Scott details the upcoming list of releases.

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/3432

just pre orders to a date in time to print?

No need to revise the text or change it in any way.. most of us junkies just wan a peice of Sigler histoy :)

BigJohn is spot on:

THE STARTER (from Dark Øverlord Media) is coming in hardcover on September 7th. [pre-order it here.]

PANDEMIC (from Crown) is next, I start writing that in August (six weeks from now), will be out in autumn 2011.

THE ALL-PRO (from Dark Øverlord Media) goes on sale on April 1st 2011.

EARTHCORE (from Crown) is slated for autumn 2012 release.

So a I feel a new plot line thread coming on….even if it only serves to make you laugh and realise why we do what we do.. and you do what you do SO well!

I’m not complaining but why do the rewrites?

I can understand that there may be a need for a reprint as more and more people are looking for your stuff but the rewrite?

I apologise in advance if you have mentioned this before – I obviously have either forgotten or missed the podcast

I’m all for the rewrite though as, with time passing, you may have better ideas, have more time to do the story justice and/or see a need to improve on the timeline/story arc.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a complaint or a criticism – I was just wondering!

Keep it up Mr Sigler – you rock!

Part of my book deal with Crown involved them buying up EARTHCORE and ANCESTOR. They wanted the old books off the market, and also liked those novels and wanted to put them out again — after a re-write. So, it was part of the publication deal. As soon as I put out EARTHCORE, I’m done with re-writes, so bear with me until 2013 and we’ll be go-go grocery-getter good.

If nothing else, it’s good for padding your resume.

**Just direct-a your feetza to Daddy Greene’s Pizza!**

And thanks for replying, Mr Sigler.

Bearing with you is not a problem – content is good!

Sometime ago I looked into getting Earthcore off fleabay, but decided I will wait for the ‘official’ releases. Also, Buy books = free fiction and I’m happy with this business model.

aka nilling

I contacted Scott a couple of years ago when Ancestor was just released in paperback to see if there was any stores in the US which had an original paperback copy of Earthcore. Unfortunately they are sold out everywhere. I’ve been keeping my eyes out ever since but the price on Amazon for sold copies just keeps going up and up! I sooooooo want one but I can’t afford that price! Scott seriously, if you find any copies around the house you gotta put this OJ out of his misery and sell it to me!

Learn German. Problem solved!

Heil Sigler!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

Just purchased an ENGLISH version from Amazon for £30! VERY VERY EXCITED for this to arrive!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.