This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Doc Coleman Doc Coleman 3 years, 12 months ago.

So Damn Good!

• Profile photo of Doc Coleman

When I picked up the first Wheel of Time book and read it, right away I said, “Ah, this series is supposed to be 13 books.” And it looks like I was right.

Then again if you look back at things like the Tom Swift books or the Nancy Drew books, didn’t each of those have over 20 books in the series? Heck, look at Xanth. You can have sucessful long series, but you’ve got to make it interesting and keep the story fresh.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Erin O'Malley

Nocturnal was the first Podcast I was introduced to, and I fell in love with it. Totally addicted to it! Pookie Chang totally Rocked He made me laugh so much! It was good to laugh especially when I was getting scared out of my wits by all the other things going on! I have GOT to have that book in my hands to read!!

Alexis TateSmile

Profile photo of sadock

Last we heard, the book was too long to publish as is given Scott’s sales figures. He’d rather not split it up into two books, so we have to get his sales #s up there before Nocturnal hits bookshelves. So, yes there’s a plan, but it’s rough and could change at any time.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
Profile photo of Stephen Wood

to make Nocturnal a book?

Profile photo of sadock

That just seems like a wicked cool method of giving friends and family the podcasts IMHO.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of Danny Lundy

You are ablr to get the eBooks and audiobooks for the GFL books on a flash drive with the DOM logo.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of sadock

I see that he’s finished that one. We’ll see how long it takes him to finish up the series. You have to admit that ANY series longer than 7 books is a bit ridiculous (5 is pushing it IMHO). Especially when it takes more than a year for the author to release a book.

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Stephen Wood

The prequel would be interesting, so would living to 133, have they sorted out cryogenic freezing yet?

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

Jordan left the full story outline behind. Or at least he imparted the story to the family so they could finish it…

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

http://www.scottsigler.com/gfl

Welcome back, by the way!!

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Sigler swag? I must have it all!

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

WOOOOOHOOOOO!

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Profile photo of BigJohn

**Squee**

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of sadock

…..and dying early w/o leaving a safe full of story outlines behind. So you damn well better make it to 133!!

———————————————————-

• Profile photo of Stephen Wood

Fuck yeah this rocks!! Another piece of Sigler Supremacy

Profile photo of Terry Davis

Dark Overlord, can I anticipate receiving my spiffy new DOM flash drive before Christmas? Thanks for the distractions and have a great day!

Profile photo of

Dear Queer Junkie Fluffy,

Glad you dug the story. The gay police chief is one of the angles I’m really looking forward to for the sequel — dialogue between he and Pookie should be a blast. I have two sequels planned, but no idea when I will get to them. Oh, and a prequel, if I live to be 133 (which is my goal, by the way: live to 133, write two books a year, leaving a wall of 97 novels in my wake).

Just don’t get mad at me when one out of ten of my nasty villains turns out to be gay.

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

I listened to this as it was being podcast and wasn’t that fussed on it. Grabbed it off podiobooks again a couple of weeks back and listened to the whole thing over the course of a few days. Man did it rock. Absolutely bad ass right off the bat. Think I needed to hear it condensed (as opposed to only getting episodes every couple of weeks – sporadic net access when you live in a camper-van) to really enjoy it. It was too hard to follow getting episodes sometimes on a monthly basis instead of weekly. Mr. Biz-nass, need anything else be said?

I want the inevitable sequel.

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Go back and look for the blog entry about Savior’s Taxidermy…

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

That is the first one of scott’s Podcasts that I heard. And it is by far my favorite. I go back and relisten to it every couple of months.

~Proud Member of the CBBC~ The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Simorgh Jourabchi

I’ve listened to quite a few of the Siglerverse stories now and honestly was expecting to like “Ancestor” a lot more than “Nocturnal” but oh, was I ever surprised. “Nocturnal” was hands down AMAZING and now I’ll tell you why.

1. Fuckin’ GROSS ass genetic mutants all over the place.

2. Groom’s Walk.

3. The old man Errol Flynning all over San Francisco with a silver arrow, fuck yeah.

4. If you get hardons for superhero-origin-type-stories, “Nocturnal” will leave you with a rager that’ll have you calling your pee-doc after 4 hours. Seriously. EVEN YOU, LADIES.

5. Pookie’s characterisaton had me wondering for a bit if our beloved FDO was a bit of a ‘phobe himself – but the epilogue with Pookie’s comeuppance had me in silent gigglefits at my desk at work. This queer Junkie thanks you muchly for that, Scott.

6. Did I mention the Groom’s Walk?

7. This story was a lot denser than some of the others I’ve listened to. More subplots, more minor characters that were quite satisfyingly rounded (Aggie and Tard, for starters.) I’d heard this was one of his earlier works, but damn if that was his early stuff then what are we in for???

All in all, FUCK YEAH to “Nocturnal” and MORE PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEFDOPLEASE.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.