This topic contains 30 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Jordan Willis Jordan Willis 5 years, 8 months ago.

Since there's no fan-fic for the Crypt yet… I'll post it here…

Let me know what you think and if you think it’s worth pursuing….

"Take that hill Marine!"  or something like that….

“I shoulda taken the fuckin’ needle” Cortez said to himself as a mixture of gray brain matter and red blood along with slivers of bone splattered the side of his helmet.  Sergeant Oregon stood fifteen feet behind the line, her sidearm still smoking, the look of pure hatred flaring in her eyes.  The crazy part, it was Private Montoya’s brains that had just been smeared all over Cortez. “Next marine to step off the fucking line gets it too!” She bellowed, “Now get your asses back on that berm!  Cortez, get his gear!”  Sergeant Oregon, Ogre to those that had had the displeasure of knowing her, was the biggest meanest bitch any of the men had ever seen.   Her word wasn’t just law, it was judge, jury, and most often, executioner with extreme prejudice.  Nobody, but nobody messed with the Ogre.Cortez knelt and began removing the ammunition, grenades, and other gear from Montoya’s corpse.  Good news, now he had some extra rounds, bad news, now he had to carry this shit through the rest of the op.   80% Casualty rate, that’s what they said.  They never told him that a lot of those casualties would happen because of ‘friendly fire’, if you could call it that…  Cortez was a large man, some would say huge.  He came from the heavy-G world of Vosser 3, where he’d enlisted in the army.  It was all going so well, until the fight in the bar on that damn station, where he’d lost his temper and killed three of the security personnel who were sent to ‘keep the peace’.  It had been so easy; they seemed to break like twigs in his iron hard hands.  "You’ve been found guilty of blah blah blah…  Sentenced to death by lethal injection, blah blah blah."  The world seemed to already be proceeding without him.  "Or"  Or?  "A clean record in return for four years service on the Planetary Union Vessel James Keeling."  What the fuck?  Not much of a choice huh.  When he’d opted for a tour on the PUV Keeling, he sure as hell didn’t realize what he was getting himself into.  Sure, he’d heard all the rumors, ‘that’s the Crypt man!  You gonna die if you put one molecule in that death trap!  Those bastards always have one foot in the shit, and the other foot in Hell!’  Of course, he’d also heard that it was the toughest unit in the military, bar none.  ‘Those fuckers are badass man! You could be standing in the middle of an empty room and they could slit your throat without you even knowing it till the blood pooled around your boots!’  There were still others who would swear to you the ship just simply didn’t exist, ‘It’s a myth, meant to scare newbies and get them to toe the line.’  “This sure as fuck ain’t no God damn myth” Cortez whispered as he finished stowing his new gear.“What was that Marine!”  Ogre’s voice snapped him back to reality as he stood.“All clear Sergeant!” Cortez replied.“Good, now get your sorry ass back on the line!”Cortez retook his position between Corporal Reed and Private Martin, his weapon held loosely in his hands. 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

It’s good. Nice and short, keeping up with the FDO tradition of The Crypt.

You should definitely do more.  You need to expand the Private Martin character, he sounds very interesting.

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

What’s his first name? 

That is a great start to a very logical expectation of what might happen when sent to serve on the Crypt.  Oh yes I loved your discription of Sarge Oregon, aside from loving to see the name  I love seeing a mean, hard, relentless BIG female bitch have ultimate rule over the expendable troops.  Would a female be more extreme than a male in that position?  Also I am intersted in Gomez being from a heavy-G world and I want to hear more about how this ties in to his ability to survive.  I am hooked.
    I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

or you could go with Dick, I hear you always liked Dick.

I guess I should have posted that in the Here’s YOUR Chance thread.

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/1373 

He was named after the 20th century musician his parents were listening to when he was conceived, and that was o.k. with him, his nickname was "Satan" because the first guy that called him "Santa" was dead before he could take it back…….He never told anyone his middle name…it had something to do
    with the contraband his parents had smuggled in to celebrate his birth…chocolate.  He had never tasted chocolate but vowed he would before he died.  
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

I’ll find a way to work it in… 

Nice start, left me wanting more, so start writing, thats an order!…Tsolo888 <AKA Cpt. Travis Ellis> – Out, Click here to Digg Infected

John Coctostan. Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo…

"Everything takes longer than it does." –Me

poor water buffalo 

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

from Fletch, starring Chevy Chase. No actual water buffalos were harmed in the making of the movie, or this comment. (Kind of like Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream–doesn’t contain any actual monkeys.)

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Might have to watch it again tonight… just for the dr. rosenpenis…   "Hey, you using the whole fist doc?"

Ask Shamu, he’s got one…  So many lines…

How about: “Doctor: Ever seen a spleen that large?
    Fletch: No, not since breakfast.” Great stuff! It never gets old.

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

nice spam…..keep writing, the fdo seems to have foresaken us

I’m easily amused. Sadly, I’m still that guy, walking along with Shadygirl and right in the middle of some important part of the discussion, yours truly suddenly says, “hey look, ants!” And I’m gone. So Fletch is sadly a big deal in my sad world. And Gin.

Animated flick…  Not disney or anything like that, so no where near as popular, but it’s great…  One of the few advantages about having semi-young kids…  get to see all the cool animated movies…  Check it out. 

I am sure you are a busy man, being a genius and all, but how are you doing with this neat story?   I am looking forward to lots more.
    ( Fan fic is so much fun and I am glad several more people are getting into it too…Re "The Fan" story from the Rookie Universe.)

I’ve been really busy at work… that and trying to design the PUVJK….  Got it in my head….   It’s going to be good….  Just gotta get it out there….  I’ll try to work on this a bit… gotta come up with the story line…  I’d like to take some liberties with the ship… capabilities and all…  hhhmmm… 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special? Ain’t I just)

do more 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence to a lemming?

they’re only going to walk off a cliff.

I just saw one posted at that site the last time I checked.  The Crypt just has to be unlike anything else …maybe as awesome as the Burger Boy vessel from Austin Powers.Undecidedhmmmm.
    Really though, I can imagine what you are designing is really fantastic.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Hopefully soon… gotta make it good though….

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

G-Man

Honestly, as a teaser, this one is good for an intro…

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

G-Man

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.