This topic contains 43 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 3 years, 8 months ago.

SiglerFest 2011

So, who’s in?

Oh yes, I’ll be there with velcro bells on, whatever that means. Mrs. BigJohn and I will be there for SiglerFest 2K11, also known as JunkieFest MMXI.

See you all there!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Compiled by Gmork:

“I took a moment to go back through the now 8 pages of this thread to summarize the outstanding ideas you junkies came up with (yes…even the crazy ones). Apologies for the length of the post but hopefully this will help with planning or least not require going through the entire thread again. Also, please keep sumbitting ideas as nothing is absolutely set in stone yet!

Timing:
    • 2011 late fall or early spring (based on A’s preliminary expectations of the FDO’s commitments)

• Las Vegas, Nevada USA (tentatively) – Most agreed upon location was Vegas but here are the other suggestions made:
    San Antonio, Texas
    Detroit, Michigan
    San Francisco, California
    Denver, Colorado

Misc Logistics:
    • For those who can’t attend – send a cardboard cutout of themselves or a video message
    • Have a dedicated T-shirt (possibly printed upside-down for Jam to read whilst drunk)
    • Broadcast parts of the Con/Fest via webcam

Viable Ideas:
    • Flag Football game
    - Krakens v. ??? (possibly getting jerseys for an opposing team made for the event)
    - Krakens Cheer Squad

• Junkie Olympics
    - Do a challenge from “Minute to Win It” then you have to answer a trivia question from Sigler’s works
    - Last person standing is the winner

• Junkie Poetry/Limerick readings
    • Scavenger/Poker hunt
    • Costume/Cosplay Contest (FDO and A as judges?)
    • Sigler Trivia — this could be really awesome and hilarious
    • Event where the junkies can share their works
    - Fan Art Display/Show of some of the Fan Art and cover art, etc
    - Fan Fiction

• Toothpicked Peeps Death Match Tournament w/ winner championship belt (made by athanas)
    • Live-action Junkie production/ dramatization of one of Sigler’s the short stories
    • MobiusJava podcasting session (would require MobiusJava aka Paul E Cooley)
    • Pastry Princess cooking demonstration (would require SlackerQueen aka Pastry Princess)
    • See the Blue Man Group together (would require admission)
    - get Sigler plastered enough to paint his bald head blue, he’d fit right in! (Jam)

• BigJohn/Sadock head shaving
    - Donation to Locks of Love for any long haired junkies willing to participate

• Xbox Madden Tournament — for the psycho footballers

• Writing workshop

• Storm a sporting event in Krakens gear, regardless of sport
    - would require a sporting event every can agree on and price of admission

Alcohol intensive ideas:
    • Athanas v. BigJohn Century Club Live: The Rematch
    - agreed upon potty breaks
    - a pass if someone plays the “you don’t have to drink” card for that minute.
    - The person loses if they cannot finish their shot in the minute time slot and it’s not an agreed potty break or the “you don’t have to drink” card is not in play.
    Variation: “Live” Get Pissed with the FDO with Big John & athanas?

- Possible: “buy in” to make them do things, like a double-shot minute or free shot (no shot that time), etc
    - Possible: have them read Junkie Haiku/Limericks between shots
    - With funds raised being donated to charity

• Beer Olympics
    - Bowling, darts, pool, and foosball
    - Must drink a pitcher of beer (or 3 shots or mixed drinks) during each event

• Drinking with the FDO (live “Getting Pissed with the FDO” segment, if he’s willing, the Gutter Sistren could be team Shot Sluts!)

• Drinking games
    - Listen to an episode of Nocturnal and everyone takes a drink when Mr. Biznass says “F*ck”

FDO intensive ideas:
    • Random Q&A with the almighty FDO
    • FDO reading and signing – set time
    • Podcasting 101 – for the novice to intermediate podcaster
    • Podcast Novelling – How it works and relates to both writers and consumers
    • State of the Publishing Industry and the new Dark Overlord Media model

Fun but less viable ideas:
    • Girl piling
    • BigJohn/orange deathmatch tournament
    • “Grooms Walk planning” panel
    • “How to stuff your favorite Nocturnal” panel
    • “How to develope DISCIPLINE in the young” panel
    • “The Top 10 reasons a Rocktopi would make a great bean bag chair” panel
    • BYOW (via exotikali)
    • Sigler dunk tank filled with beer (really Jam?!)”

Original post doesn’t link very well, but it is http://www.scottsigler.com/node/3681#comment-89143

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

There’s a great list of things up there, lemme think of some cool ideas. I’m thinking a Happy Hour hosted by the Gutter Sistren and the CBBC to kick things off

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Planned activities include spending time meeting and drinking with all you awesome, wonderful, amazing Junkies! (yes, this is an early start to my begging a floor to sleep on! =D)

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

With excitement for this…

oops…. I pooped

I’d pay per view for that!

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Event with the Gutter Sistren as the Shot Sluts??? pretty please?? Maybe several of the OJs on the hotseat?

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I second the motion!

We could also have a Tuacadile (Tuaca + Chocodile) consuming competition! What? No takers? Anyone?

Perhaps an Iron Chef competition with Tuaca and chocodiles as the key ingrediments!

Where you go as your character! Would be very interesting for those who’ve been KISS’d

maybe if I save my beer cans I might be able to go, gotta start drinking now

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

…some point the whole event would end up at that point.

But maybe not do it as a contest, just as a fun thing to do?

Its all good though..just hope I cna make it..depends on when andd where.

oops…. I pooped

Perhaps the Sistren can pitch in to hire one if we don’t get any volunteers. but that would be a great costume!

Didn’t we discuss doing that for the Bay Area Ancestor tour?

Wish I could make it. Sounds bad ass though.

And- I think BigJohn should feel motivated to go as the Manicorn. :]

— You’re not negative! You’re just positively challenged.

but my chaps are all the wrong color. Sorry.

SiglerFest would be a good way to spend the 200 hours of vacation I have squirrled away, with plenty left for recovery. Muahahaha

See the Balticon thread, the hotels are filling up fast for that weekend.

as I will be walking on my hands! ZING!!
    [flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

….oooooooh.

I’m planning on living off of No-Doze and red bull.

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Maybe we can write a prologue where we get together for drinks after the movie premiere… Takes a bite of the apple! thanks, Kali Kiss

I’ll carry around some old cottage cheese in my pocket for that authentic smell.

I will *SO* financially back a manicorn costume for SiglerFest!!! Now we just need one dedicated junkie who loves his FDO enough to wear the costume *cough BigJohn *cough*

Let’s make this happen junkies!Tongue out

Besides, jayguana already said he’d do it!

We definitely could find a remedy for that. :D

— You’re not negative! You’re just positively challenged.

You can borrow mine. I’ll have them cleaned first. Or not. Your call.

saw the rates for the rooms per night and am not sure when I’ll be able to afford to book my reservation.

I might just end up staying for Junkie*Con and head out the next day.

I’ve got to talk to the junkie friend I have here in Denver that got me switched on to Sigler to see if he’s planning on going.

But just because I am who I am, I’m looking into it as if it were just I going.

See ya there!

Are you and the family driving up?

But yeah, I plan on driving. Baltimore should be a breeze; I’m pretty used to driving to Buffalo and Vero FL from Atlanta in one shot.

It is not looking like I will be able to make it to Baltimore.

Are you staying in one of the convention hotels? You should start looking now, if you don’t already have a room/roommate.

More time to listen to Sigler podcasts!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.