This topic contains 153 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of GJ GJ 3 years, 3 months ago.

Sigler FanFic moves onto Stage II

Sigler FanFic Stage II:

Okay, I’m ready to begin accepting story submissions now. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Write a piece of fan fiction using characters Scott’s created or at least based in the Siglerverse.
      • To begin with I’m looking for flash fiction (300 words) and short stories of 20-25 minutes (~7000 words) when read aloud.
    2. Send your story to me at arioch@scottsigler.com
      • IF you want to record your own story, include an audio sample with your story. We’re shooting for a high audio standard on this ‘cast. The minimum level I want is about the quality of EARTHCORE or THE ROOKIE. That should be fairly easy for folks to meet with minimal equipment.
      • I’ll look your story over (and listen to your audio if you’ve included it) and let you know what I think
    3. Wait for me to contact you. Don’t do anything further (unless you want to post it in the forums) until you hear back from me!
    4. (maybe) Look over my suggestions and see what you think of them. If necessary, make minor changes to your story.
    5. (if necessary) If I’ve given you the green light on your audio, record your story if you are so inclined.
    6. (maybe) Submit your revised story.

As you can see, some folks will only need to do steps 1+2, others will need to do all 6. I’m trying to anticipate everything, but I’m sure I forgot something. Currently, I’m looking at a March launch with all prospective stories (for the initial episode) needing to be in by January 15th. I’ve got a prior committment for February, that’s why the timing seems screwy. Normally there will only be a two week gap between submission deadlines and episode release.

To begin with, I’m going to release episodes on a fortnightly basis. Depending on how many submissions I get, that may change to weekly (too many) or monthly (not enough). So get writing and send those stories in! I’m looking forward to what y’all come up with.

ATTENTION: I am also accepting name suggestions until I have to actually set up the infrastructure of the podcast. Thus far the best I’ve come up with are Orangeslaught Originals and Morningstar Mayhem. I’d like to see if the Junkie Horde can come up with something better.

################################################################################

Sigler FanFic Stage I:

We’re considering ressurecting the idea of a podcast that would be devoted to Sigler Fan Fiction. Before I go through the time and effort of doing that, I want to sound out how much interest there is. So if y’all would be so kind as to answer a couple questions, I’d certainly appreciate it:

1. Do you have any interest in writing FanFic? C’mon, you know you want to play in the FDO’s sandbox……
    2. Would you subscribe to a FanFic ‘cast if I produced one?

Assuming there *is* enough interest, it will be optional whether you want to read your own story or have me do it for you. The only caveat is that it has to be a quality story with decent sound quality. So, if you’re mic shy, that’s not a problem. I simply need to know if the project is worth my time. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Tally of interest (over one week’s time):

• Potential authors: 6
    • Listeners who’d subscribe: 10

There has been some great fan fic in the past. If some of the talented Junkies out there penned some tales I would definitely be up to giving it a listen :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

I could write a story.

If you are interested, have a look at my site for some of my material.

I’d subscribe, may even pen a story at some point but perhaps not (I’m no writer – yet as I type this ideas filter through my tiny little mind). This is probably way ahead of any planning but what sort of format would you be thinking, short story, novella, longer? I’d probably listen to short stories but nothing really much longer. I’ve got the FDO for the novels :D

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

So far, odds are looking good that the project will happen. We’ll see how this thread progresses over the next week and I’ll make a decision then.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

……build your own world and characters. The primary focus will definitely be short stories and flash fiction. I’d love to see some Sigler flash fic. My goal is to keep individual episodes ~15-20 minutes.

I won’t categorically exclude novellas. There’s a slim possibility I might air one broken into many pieces over time, but it would have to be a damn fine story. I’d advise anyone considering doing something like that to work closely with me if their primary goal is to get it on the ‘cast. Write an outline first and send it to me so you don’t spend a month writing 20-40K words and I tell you it’s not good enough. That would suck ass.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

And might consider writing something to contribute too. I have something I did a while back on a lark (http://www.scottsigler.com/node/3632) if that would fit what you are looking for.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

… and once I free up some time I’d even like to try my hand at a little fan fic… especially since I missed NaNoWriMo again this year…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

I have never tried writing but would defiantly subscribe to the cast. I would even volunteer to proofread and provide feed back on it.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Please do it Sadock!

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Yeah, I’d subscribe to that idea for sure. Based on stuff like Escape Artists that would be a pretty good length.

much of a writer, but I’d definitely subscribe!

———————————————————-

Producing a ‘cast gets disproportionately difficult when you increase the number of people involved in the project. Every person adds additional variables that can hold up production while you’re awaiting necessary collateral. That’s why Scott has never done a repeat of what he did with THE ROOKIE. It is nearly impossible to produce a quality podiodrama on a regular schedule. Metamor City is a great example. It’s one of my favorite ‘casts, but it takes forever for Chris to complete any given story line. His latest story arc was 5 episodes ‘cast over 8 months.

I think it’s more important to produce content on a regular basis. At the beginning, the only way you’re going to get on the ‘cast is to read your own story. That may change further down the line. I want to keep things as simple as possible to begin with.

———————————————————-

We will definitely need feedback from listeners. I’ll likely take care of any proofreading that we need to do. There won’t be too much since it will be an audio format. That eliminates ~75-90% of mistakes that you see in treeware books. All you really have to look for is non-sensical grammar and such.

———————————————————-

You already sent me an .m4a of it, remember?

———————————————————-

hehehehehehehe

———————————————————-

I looked under both Boiling Point and Frank, but couldn’t find anything. Eps 1-4 were highly enjoyable. Goodonya!

———————————————————-

but can we discuss the possibility of getting Phantom’s script added to this cast? I know the audio test didn’t turn out as good as you’d hoped, but I’d still love to hear this thing with everyone doing their own parts – crappy audio or not! That is assuming Phantom is also still willing to let us do it… Wink

Need to learn to proofread my own stuff first. LOL

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

So let me say that once I free up some time I WILL try my hand at some fan fict… been wanting to for a while now anyway…

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

I LOVE YOU BELLA!!! Laughing (Oh, and let’s not tell Kali about this….I don’t want her to take it the wrong way.) I think it’s a great plan if we can find a way for us all to make this work without *any* of us having to beat our heads against the wall working our asses off to get it done.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

hee hee hee (Don’t worry, I won’t go any farther with that one!) Surprised

Why don’t you have a ‘Delete’ button in your head??? Wink

The feed was on iTunes but disappeared – I have since re-submitted and am waiting for confirmation and a listing.

People can manually subscribe – I can send the feed url to drop into iTunes if anyone is interested.

Stay Alive

We’ll just keep that between us!! Wink And obviously I love your script too!

But there may be some stories that people may not want to voice themselves for what ever reason.

What are you 2 going to do for me to not and run and tell Kali? Tongue out

———————————————————-

…….the narration if the author doesn’t want to.

———————————————————-

……but I’m not going to promise anything. I will say that I intend to keep the production/sound quality close to what we do on Scott’s primary feed. So, if people want to participate, they will need to figure out how to make themselves sound decent.

———————————————————-

Oh, you said master. My bad.

———————————————————-

Did you mark it as “Explicit?” iTunes is *extremely* uptight about ‘casts with potentially offensive content not being red tagged.

Go ahead and post the URL in this thread. Or use the “Pimp Thyself” thread. I’m sure many of the Junkies would appreciate your work.

———————————————————-

I altered the feed source and iTunes couldn’t find the content, so stopped it.

It’ll come back.

and the link is here – I figured it was more appropriate over there.

Cheers and Stay Alive

———————————————————-

Kiss

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

That I was actually wondering about this the other day. x3 I’ve been playing the idea of writing some Sigler fanfic and this might get me motivated to do so. I’d most definitely suscribe to a podcast for this!

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Aren’t you a softy. Personally, I’d inform him what *would be* done to him if he made the mistake of narcing y’all out to Kali. Just sayin’

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

I’m not sure about the “when” yet, but it should be fairly soon.There are a few logistical points I need to discuss with Scott & A before I get this sucker rolling.

I know that I need one more short piece (5-10 minutes) of fanfic to flush out Episode 1. I already have one story that’s ~3 minutes, but I think that’s too short to run it on its own.

———————————————————-

I was going to suggest fitting him for a pair of cement shoes. Wink

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

I know, I’ve been sparse. D: I shall see what I can whip up, though. Hopefully it shall be up to standards. Seems like I may have a bit of time while you hash things out with Sigler and A. :3

“Clever girl.” ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

I never said the possibilities would be in his favor!

both to listen and to write.

———————————————————-

Sick right now, but I’d imagine things will move fairly quick once I’m healthy again.

———————————————————-

• Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

I don’t know whether to hope you stay sick or get better, lol.

“Clever girl.” ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

Would like to think about writing, but probably wouldn’t have the time. (I’m also aware I’d probably run the listeners away.) But I’d subscribe!

It’s not like you’ve got a deadline or anything, regardless of when we launch.

———————————————————-

So life’s been getting in the way of me shamelessly hanging around the forum, but I thought I might weigh in on this topic.

I’d totally be up for a fanfiction cast, but as you’ve mentioned, sadock, I think it’s important to keep it at a similar quality to Sigler’s main story feeds. We’re spoiled bastards and you know someone’s panties will be in a bunch if it isn’t of similar listening quality (for you sensitive types, I’m not thinking of anyone in particular just anticipating the inevitable).

Also, I think there’s definitely some outstanding fanfic that’s already out there that could be used (i.e.athanas has a really cool offshoot to Title Fight). Also I’d be up for hearing phantom’s yarn in this cast but would also agree that it would probably work best if only one person read it.

Let me know if I can help in any way. While I can’t commit to writing anything, I would be happy to help with reading or any behind the scenes stuff.

All I know is that if there is any “slash” fiction with Perry and Quentin (or any other set of characters, for that matter), I will increase the pay of my Iranian nuclear scientists and our peaceful search for energy solutions will wind up costing you at least one major American city.

Siglerotica?

Not before, not now, not ever. No Siglerotica!! NOOOOOO!!!!

That was SO worth asking!!! Tongue out

Seems the wiki confirms that the term does not exist. Tongue out

See the term here

I would have to say no, neither the junkie writer or the Siglerotica ever existed.

And don’t mind the blood stains on cousin Frankie’s IROC-Z… that had nothing to do with said body and manuscript disappearing.Cool

I am still laughing at the Siglerotica. Talk about “Laughing in the Face of Death”

Sigler, let me be your body double to protect you when you take over the world.

……always says no. Le sigh Cry

———————————————————-

It’s not like it would be authored by Sigler, after all. Perhaps it would be Figlerotica then. Is that all right?

———————————————————-

……already posted. I will need to read through it and determine if it’s good to go as is, contact the author and see if they want to read it themselves, et al. Phantom’s script is way down the line, so I’m not particularly worried about it right now. I just want to get healthy so I can get this project (and others) rolling.

———————————————————-

Hmmm. Well, as a writer of (predominantly) Slasher Porn, I guess that’s me out. :p

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

We may have need of your talents yet ;-p

———————————————————-

I think Margaret and Vanessa could have a beautiful future together. :p

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

I just really want to write some.

I’d love to see what the fans could come up with, presuming that the erotica was ancillary to the plot, not the whole point of the story.

———————————————————-

“Slasher erotica.” That cracked me up.

And no, still won’t write it.

…..; at least as far as I can tell. Scott won’t write it, but it seems to be cool if someone else does.

What’s he going to do? Kill you? Y’all would actually *like* that…..

———————————————————-

The irony of me saying “no” and y’all trying to force your sweaty selves on me is not lost considering the topic is “erotica.”

Next thing you know, there’ll be a burgeoning black market in Siglerotica. Writers chained in back rooms, forced to pump out endless pornographic podcasts… organised crime syndicates broadcasting Sigler smut on pirate radio stations… junkies trading notebooks and flash drives in dark alleys…

Sounds like fun!!

does that mean that there are not now, nor ever will be, any “lost scenes” with Pookie and Bry-Bry and a hula hoop?

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

Smile

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

For ever in our hearts, Mitchell “The Machine” Fayed #34

Fan Fic done as audiobook style or audio drama??

======

Dave Frizzell

Necropolis Studio Productions

http://www.necropolisstudioprod.com

———————————————————-

We *might* expand that to podiodrama at some future point. Baby steps :)

———————————————————-

I’d pitch in and read/record

Dave Frizzell

Necropolis Studio Productions

http://www.necropolisstudioprod.com

Ill will shit if you do!

of the FDO’s will! I would except this as an actual part of a plot (as it would be funny to hear how two GFL’rs go about this with everyone knowing), but not like this!

I would *so* read that! >:^)

…..the market for black market Siglerotica continues to grow <snickers>

———————————————————-

Get back on the active list so people know Stage II has begun

———————————————————-

I have a good Idea and no talent. So i would need a word smith to balance out my idea. message me if you are interested.

———————————————————-

because now I’m wondering if it would be Siglerotica or Sigler Erotica (it was the Sigler smut phrase that did it). I may have to sleep with the light on now. I hope it’s the former, because scenes with Pooks and a hula hoop. I just have to know.

Detriot, but for real this time, or maybe Washington, if you take out the government you can accelerate ascendency? What can I say, I’m itching to drive a plaid tank!

….I haven’t received anything yet.

———————————————————-

If you want to do romantic fiction, that’s fine. The boundaries are that you’re not allowed to change sexual orientation of Scott’s characters, write graphic erotica, or slash fiction. I think it would be great to see what some of y’all could come of with.

Now whether it becomes canon or not is totally up to Scott. He might adopt all of a story, part of a story, or ignore it entirely. He created the Siglerverse, so he’s kind of like God there. He gets to decide what exists and what doesn’t. We simply get to speculate about what could be while playing in his sandbox.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

SIGtion (= Sigler + fiction) but I think it sounds better in my head than it looks….

I do like Orangeslaught Originals though. No offense, but Morningstar Mayhem sounds like a cheesy name for a bad morning radio show. (I’ve told you before though… I think your name is cool!) Tongue out

I’d like to have as large a pool of suggestions as we can to choose from however. We may have to wait until after the New Year for authors to have time to write any FanFic though. The holidays are generally insane for most folks as far as time commitments go.

———————————————————-

…something along the lines of The Plaid Brigade.

or Glowing Detroit Productions ooo ooo or how about Chicken Scissor Shorts!

Long time no hear. I like all three of those.

I like Glowing Detroit Productions!

Junkies Revenge, Alt Crack, Crack Up, The Minions, The Pushers, Hitters and Users, Shoot it up,

there are so many possibilities.

1 – Just Junkies 2 – The Junkie Chronicles 3 – Purveyors of Doom 4 – Siglerism Incorporated 5 – The Infected Junkies 6 – A Collection of Contagion 7 – Junkie Mind Group 8 – Rise of the Junkies 9 -Fragments of Doom 10 – EarthCast 11 – JunkieCast 12 – KrakenCast 13 – Rise of the Plaid 14 – Tales from a Junkie 15 – The Plaid Mind 16 – The Next Junkie Fix 17 – The Infected Mind 18 – The Ministry of Junkies 19 – Junkie Siglerism 20 – Junkie Transmissions 21 – Atmospheric & Imaginative 22 – The Colony Mind 23 – Everything’s Gone Orange 24 – March of the Junkies 25 – Plaid & Infected

I THINK THAT WILL DO FOR NOW…!

I have ‘MAYHEM’ tattooed across my shoulders.

Junkie Bites or Junkies bite back? maybe too cheesy.

p.s – only just read this, is there a cut off date?

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

you RAWK!

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

LOL

but it ain’t heavy on the knives…

Cool

Stay Alive

N

……but we have a dark horse candidate that is looking pretty solid.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

And I know you’ve got quality production equipment if you want to read your own story. Not sure what you mean by not heavy on knives, though Undecided

———————————————————-

… about certain sections of a story… ?

Wink

It was the specificity of knives that threw me off. Gotcha now.

———————————————————-

I don’t understand!

someone who plays the music on radio stations – DJ for short. It can also refer to someone who plays the music at dance clubs, weddings or other events. I believe the term originated from when radio DJs actually used to play vinyl albums.

A disc jockey, also known as DJ (or deejay), is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience. Originally, disk referred to phonograph records, while disc referred to the Compact Disc, and has become the more common spelling. Today, the term includes all forms of music playback, no matter the source.

There are several types of disc jockeys. Radio DJs introduce and play music that is broadcast on AM, FM, shortwave, digital, or internet radio stations. Club DJs select and play music in bars, nightclubs, discothèques, at raves, or even in a stadium. Hip hop disc jockeys select and play music using multiple turntables, often to back up one or more MCs, and they may also do turntable scratching to create percussive sounds. In reggae, the disc jockey (deejay) is a vocalist who raps, “toasts”, or chats over pre-recorded rhythm tracks while the individual choosing and playing them is referred to as a selector.[1] Mobile DJs travel with portable sound systems and play recorded music at a variety of events.

———————————————————-

what I just said below, only with less words?! Tongue out

….mate the unabridged version Cool

———————————————————-

but don’t know why you would use it when referring to me? Morningstar or disc jockey?

Cool

“No offense, but Morningstar Mayhem sounds like a cheesy name for a bad morning radio show.”

———————————————————-

Did you do a *palmhead* or *headdesk*? Tongue out

….breath followed by a head shake with a downward tilt. I’m sure you’ve seen someone perform that maneuver in similar situations.

———————————————————-

…..but we still have a dearth of content. I’m hoping that will change now that the holidays are over. Anyone working on stuff out there?

———————————————————-

I have the story outlined and some scenes jotted down, but still have to finish the next couple sections.

All I’m waiting on is content right now. I want to make sure I have at least 3-5 stories before I begin.

———————————————————-

… but I think it would be a real hoot if someone came up with a musical stage production of Nocturnal.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

The Junkie Trunk

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Fn Andrews. (She has my vote.) Or if she’s not available, then Hutchinsssss

to the tune of “I’ve been working on the railroad (Dina blow your horn)”

“I’ve been butchering some mutants, all the live-long day (Ha-che-cha)
    I’ve been hunting them with arrows just to pass the time away
    Can’t you hear the Children screaming as I drag them to my lair?
    Can’t you hear the mutants calling ‘Save us now First Born’?
    Save us now First Born, Save us now First Born, Save us now First Bo-o-o-o-rn
    Save us now First Born, Save us now First Born, Savior’s gonna kill us dead!
    Someone’s in the basement with Savior, someone’s in the basement I know -o-o-o
    Someone’s in the basement with Savior, an’ he ain’t strummin’ on no banjo

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Actually you wouldn’t need to change the lyrics from “Music of the Night” from Phantom of the Opera, a snippet (italics are words I changed):

Close your eyes and surrender to your darkest dreams
    Purge your thoughts of the life you knew before
    Close your eyes let your Penis start to soar
    And you’ll live as you’ve never lived before

Softly, deftly, music shall caress you
    Hear it, feel it secretly posses you
    Open up your mind, let your fantasies unwind in this darkness that you know you cannot find
    The darkness of Mommy’s vaja-jay

Let your mind start to journey through a strange new world
    Leave all thoughts of the life you knew before
    Let your penis take you where you long to be
    Only then can you belong to me

Floating, folding, sweet intoxication
    Touch me, trust me savor each sensation
    Let the nightmare begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music that I write
    The power of Mommy’s vaja-jay

You alone can make my song take flight
    Help me make more mutant babies

with the disturbing tones of the FDO’s ‘Female’ voice!
    Proud member of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

Perhaps I’ll pursue a life in dinner muscial theatre

Maybe we could perform it at SiglerFest and Arioch can record it?? gotta be a PDQ version so it fits in 30 minutes…

….being punny about Scott’s anatomy? If it’s the second, that’s truly worthy of the Gutter Brethren!

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

But I was really thinking just audio…

…..series. If you’re around ‘casters or cons much, I’m sure you’ve seen both an H4 and an H2. I expect there will be many of all three at SF/BC.

———————————————————-

I was thinking maybe something to link in with bloodcast, maybe junkiecast or something

Also yes i would subscribe and i have already written short story although it’s around 3,000 words

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Damn you Beth.

…..going along those lines. You’ll see when it comes out.

———————————————————-

As this is morningstar’s podcast and not technically siglers, does that mean we could have it on like a wednesday. I’m assuming it’s not gonna take the place of the friday fix

It will be extra material, not content replacing material that you’re already getting.

———————————————————-

I could be wrong there, though. If the author wants to read their own work and has decent gear, I’d be happy for them to do it.

———————————————————-

I can’t wait!!
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.