This topic contains 57 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Bob Laramee Bob Laramee 4 years, 6 months ago.

should more children be killed?

good to know. i got a copy of the mov as well, although still behind on reading and watching. that’s on the to-do list

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Awesome.

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

I can’t wait to tell my left-handed friend that! EDIT: On second thought, the left-handed friends I’m close with are all pretty sensitive and I’d probably depress them telling them that. Though I’m now wishing I was left handed. :P

And what about those ambidexterous ones? Same thing? *hasn’t read the link and hopes she spelt ambidexterous right but is too lazy to check*

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

As a parent I sometimes understand where that feeling might come from! McDonalds playland, anyone?

Faith – that which enables us to believe things we know to be untrue (Bram Stoker’s Dracula)

they’re both awesome on their own merit. Battle Royale is a little more hardcore than Lord of the Flies, but they’re both fantastically written.

The movie for Battle Royale is pretty good, too; not quite as gripping as the book but still worth a watch.

Or was as a fetus, if this can be believed (From Cracked.com )

“For a long time scientists had a theory that left handed people might have started out as twins in the womb. Their rationale was that in a set of twins one tends to be right handed and one left handed… So what happened to your twin? You killed it and then absorbed it into your body.”

So as a lefty, I guess I’ve already killed once. Don’t make me do it again! Bwahahahaha

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

From Cracked.com (new window)… just goes to show that it’s up to us adults to harness and direct the naturally evil tendancies of even the youngest of offspring.

**All this plan is missing is a giant freaking laser in space.”**

but i was recommended and now own a copy of battle royale by takami. supposedly a more modern day lord of the flies, with lots more violence. so much, the book has stirred quite a contravery around certain parts. might be worth checking out ;-)

I did, however, learn the lesson from Children of the Corn and Pet Sematary.

BigJohn

I went on an “I’m going to read above my level” binge in middle school and read that, 1984, Animal Farm, Catcher in the Rye, and Of Mice and Men. Oddly enough, those are some of my favorite books to this date.

Nice to know they are still making kids read it in high school. Yes, there have a been a couple of movies lately where the kiddies are up for grabs in the death toll. Equal opportunity for death and mayhem.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

I’m sure you’ve read Lord of the Flies.
    That book teaches us that children are just as bloodthirsty as their adult counterparts and should be dealt with at a younger age when they’re physically weaker and easier to take down from close range.

While there are many things we need to thank our FDO for (Siglersgiving anyone?) I personally think a dose of fear for miniature humans is perhaps the most important. Chelsea, Rex, evil kid #2 from contagious, all prime examples as to the evil of children. Only some, the very rare indeed can cast off their evil natures to be effective members of society; these people are known as ‘Junkies.’

I hate how in Hollywood movies whenever you see a kid you know that they will not get killed.A few movies have broken this form(funny games comes to mind)so when I listen or read about Perry offing a kid it adds to the feeling that any one is up for grabs!

What god want’s god get’s
    god help us all
    Roger Waters

It is our fortress of shadow and dark. It is our cover for converting others. It is…oh, we’re just nocturnal. Well, I am, anyway. :P

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie." {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Original Junkies mostly come out at night……mostly.

A shock and awe campaign huh?

Should have slapped the parent!

Transfered Michigander

Some kid acting up and a fellow shopper told the mom to get the kid to behave or else — then he came back and slapped the kid. Arrested, of course — you might WANT to do it, but you can’t get away with it. Now, in the Siglervers…

I guess we could consider it pre emptive killing. Get em while they are still good, that way they won’t turn bad.

I could live with that!

Transfered Michigander

……..is Scott killing some kids who were angelic. You know the type. Never misbehave, and are absolutely innocent. Perhaps a baby. Obviously he couldn’t use a protaganist for this, but it could be used to set up the heinousness of a villain.

When Perry killed the kid who was infected with the triangles, the visceral feel wasn’t that of slaughtering an innocent. The boy was possessed by an alien life form and therefore had to be put down. Kind of like a rabid animal. 

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Have you ever had to deal with the brats nowa days? They aren’t worth keeping around. A little back talk and WHAM a kick to the chest. ALA Perry Dawson. 

Transfered Michigander

Mine just doesn’t have the discipline!

how close is the nearest burger joint?  Do they have bacon cheese burgers?

More children always need to be killed. Always.

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie." {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

So you have yourself a "little" Perry Dawsey all your own, eh?

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

juggling cats dressed as nazi tax collectors… napalm the lot of them!

he’s 6’3" now … don’t have a cupboard big enough to lock him in!

…….you make her the missus, wanker. Tongue out

But I’m sure you know that.

Now if only I can convince the missus to adopt that attitude then I’m onto a winner (and an additional dog and some new office space)

What about children clowns?! 

That’s combining two seperate things that alone are awesome, but are mindblowing together…like drapes and a hotel closet in Thailand.

the trick to staying sane is to just out-crazy the world

yeah, kill more clowns – pure EVIL!!!

The ones in the makeup with the red noses and big shoes. I am convinced that whoever decided that kids "like" clowns never had a child.

Yes indeed. Id think twice about letting some of you baby sit my kids (if I had any that ill admitt to).

I think letting a guy called Cuntblaster (original poster) watch your precious spawn for a evening, would be a serious lack of good judgement.

Its likely your children would be literaly sat upon by Scott Sigler or his like minded croneys. Yup, lots of squashed crumb snatchers in the Sigler Universe.

All the dogs are doing pretty well though. They get to die heroically if at all. I sense that a real challange for the ole S.S. is to have a dog get killed and diserve it. I can see him sweating and weeping as he trys to write that painfull one out.

Just remember all dogs go to heaven. Hmmmm……I wonder if your constantly stepping in doggy landmines up there.

Scott had another scene where a kid was being  eaten by a dude with those nanite things that whent haywire. I think that was the Pipa Remik episode of The Crypt? Thats pretty disturbing right?

A nanite possessd priest eating a childs arm like a chicken legg?

What does it take to satisfy your lust for senseless carnage???!!!

Damn jobless little drains on taxpayer money.

Wait, in what context were we speaking again?

Innocent 

**UNdead / GirlCo: All we wanna do is eat your brains. We’re not unreasonable, I mean, no one’s going to eat your eyes.**

Fuck that achilles slicing little demon bastard!

I haven’t seen that movie since I was 12 ‘cause I’m still convinced it’ll make me pee myself.

the trick to staying sane is to just out-crazy the world

I loved that scene.  I still think yall are some sick bastards

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

…..there have certainly been a few bad apples. During wartime (Vietnam, Iraq) atrocities sometimes go unnoticed and those rotten fruits are declared heroes.

We are all clowns in some way or another. Unless you are strictly talking circus clowns. 

Transfered Michigander

What about some clowns? (Sorry if I missed any clown assassinations — I’m still working my way thru the vintage stuff)

That was a mouth full.         Great comments though!

Transfered Michigander

Infections tend to kill the very old, very young, and sickly first.

The interesting thing is that Scott (sorry if I talk as if your not in the room), gives this infection a intelligence and therefore a melevolent motive. It was engineerd by an alien race for a specific purpose.

Theres also room to suggest all viruses we know today are engineerd. They arent technically living things, did you know that?

The infection in question had a goal besides its own prcreation and continued survival. It was building a gateway for another race to come through. After the gatewould be completed I would assume the engineerd virus itself would become obsolete.The big ugly muglys would then enter our world and things would really get fun!The next step, I assume would be conquest orientated activities such as pulling the heads off people and makking us all really disgruntled.

It made it easyer to kill the boy because he wasnt his cute little self anymore, he was changed. He became a nastey little homocidal gremlin and lost that oh so innocent vibe. The times when that innocent child vibe does peak through the curtain of lunacy is the times things get creepy. The thought of somthing innocent and charming beingbrutally killed in any context is somthing to make sensetive people squirm.

So what if Scarey Perry stomped out a perfectly normal 5 year old boy who was trying to protect his infected parent or friend?

It would make Perrys already tarnished track record pretty much unrecoverable. He would probebly never get even tarnished hero status after that.

In reality, people have been awarded heroic status for things far worse.

These creatures, or infections , or whatever it may be do not stop to look at ID to decide what to kill. If it is in the way off with its head! No matter who or what.

Transfered Michigander

The only thing, and I mean the only thing I hesitate to kill, is dogs. I’ve killed one dog so far (in NOCTURNAL and I feel damn bad about that). But hell, I’m going to keep on killing kids. And cats. And whatever. All depends on the story, where the situations fall. No cop-outs, that’s the Sigler Way!

I don’t think Perry kicking the child across the room was the awsome part. It was the picture Scott engraved in your mind as the child hit the table and bent in half and dropped to the floor. Now thats genius!

Transfered Michigander

haha…thank you for bumping this topic up…was sitting here wondering if i misread the thread title from the active list.  too funny.

as for the context, i loved that particular scene in the book (contagious, not pet semetary).

Ever since Pet Cemetary, little children getting run down by trucks and comming back from the dead to kill adults has created in me a new idea of creepy. Its also effected the way I view ill-temperd children.

I wonder if they live near a pet cemetary.

Sometimes dead is betta!!

I acctually love kids,…..alive and happy. But hey, rain on with the death and mayhem.

I don’t care if your face falls off, Sigler…MORE OUTPUT!!!!

shouldn’t cook them until well done unless the sound of over-dry flesh crunching in the mouth grosses you out more than the wet, squishy sound of undercooked innards.

-Eric138

that kill was sweet but i thnk perry should have broke him over his knee like this

http://thatchadblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/bane-breaks-batman-497pg21.png

Im a  friend of death, a brother of luck and a son of a bitch!

…you just made me spew milk through my nose! Too funny

Just run the plays I call, Barnes!

Nothin’ like killin’ kiddies.  I think Perry kicking that kid across the room was amazing. 

I think one very violent child death at the hands of a monster/maniac per book would keep us loving it, but not become to overdone.

Unless he’s going to cook a child, then we WANT it to be overdone.

He’d obviously made the turn and was hurtling down that final straighaway to the void. His membership in the sentient being club permanently revoked.

is the only auther (i know of) with enough balls to kill children…in his books. lol

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

I am always for the creative and violent death of children in literature. Little bastards have gotten off far too light over the years and deserve some payback.

Yes, I love me some child deaths!

We are all slaves

I loved the fact that perry dawsey killed a 5 year old. I’d like to see more kids get killed in very creative and painful ways. It’s rarely done, but a really effective tool. Come on Scott, kill us some more kids.

-TCB 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.