This topic contains 29 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nathan Wells Nathan Wells 6 years, 6 months ago.

should i make a podcast?

• Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of James Keeling

Just go down to your local guitar center or music place and ask for the cheapest usb mic they’ve got (anything above the silly headgear boom mic should be fine) Go out to podshow.com and set yourself up.  go to town.

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

Profile photo of J.P.

Sure am enjoying your new podcast! Oh, wait a minute, no I’m not. Still nothing from you. Is remedial Summer School keeping you too busy? I thought so. (No pressure.)

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg (#6 crackhits if mumo doesn’t pass me)… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of Peter Braat

short for microphone

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

Profile photo of J.P.

I think that homeless guy down the street a few blocks is named Mike. Go get him if you really think a Mike needs to be involved. He may not be a good Mike, but he’s gonna be affordable, even on your allowance.

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

somewhere to put the feed. thanks for the concern

Profile photo of J.P.

So when’s the podcast? School’s out… you have nothing else to do… waiting… waiting… waiting…

I thought so.

Profile photo of J.P.

And also be sure if you start a podcast that you have a broad enough subject that you can sustain the thing beyond a few episodes. Or in your case Mr. Nate: that you have something to say at all… (heeeeeheeeeheeee)

– Prospice tibi–ut Gallia, to quoque in tres partes dividaris.

Profile photo of Donald Martin

I’ll listen to you at first, if your good I’ll keep listening.

Gotta support one of our own. At first at leastTongue out

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

If you live in the US, and it’s NOT public domain in the US, I’d avoid it…  If you lived in Australia, I suppose you could do it, but once it’s distributed in the US, having it would be complicated.  I’m not a lawyer, so I don’t know for sure, but if there’s any uncertainty, I’d avoid it… 

apparently, since they are US based, and it is not public domain in the US, they cannot have it.
    but it is public domain in austrailia, so i dont know if that means i can do it myself or not(i live in the US)?
    Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Nate Dogg (#7 crackhits if SOMEONE doesn’t keep trying to pass me)… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Don’t forget that I’m a podcast junkie of the first order.  You’d be surprised what I wouldn’t be willing to listen to…

That all depends, now don’t it.  If the voice is good and the production values are good, sure, I’d listen to it… 

Go for it.  Just be very careful about public domain vs. copywritten material…

Check out the Gutenberg project:  http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page

All open domain, go for it stuff…  I’m looking at it right now for a podcast novel… 

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-a site where people record and summit public domain material for podcasting

http://librivox.org/

found out about this site from knitwitch
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of zackmann

No One has done Animal farm. That Babe style movie was creepy

thatmight  be something fun to  do
    i love animal farm so maybe i could podcast that?

Profile photo of zackmann

http://www.sffaudio.com/2006/11/commentary-make-your-own-public-domain.html

this was talked about on the Timetravel show and seem cool. 

Profile photo of J.P.

I think this is a great idea, Nate! Fire it up! Take lots of time and ensure it’s top notch–’cause I know you can! (I’ll never listen.)

– Prospice tibi–ut Gallia, to quoque in tres partes dividaris.

The worst that can happen is that noone listens to it…  but It might be fun just putting it together…  Go for it… 

I wanna be the next sigler/hutchinssss/harwood/holyfeild/lafferty

Profile photo of JT Manis

I’d probably listen…or not…

Profile photo of ogreoregon

Feed the Muse and try all things creative and fun.  You might be the next…….?( fill in the dream here )
    I like hearing what people think about what they are reading and viewing.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

I was thinking about making a podcast about whatever fiction i happen to be reading, watching, or listening to (reveiws and such).

not just scifi  or specfic but i will try to keep itfocused on horror/thriller/drama stuffs

would anyone be interested in listening to it if i did? it would be weekly 30-60 mins

im open to other suggestions of ideas (and titles) i am tentitivly calling it "Acute Dullness"  because i like oxymorons but PLEASE suggest another title

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.