This topic contains 167 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 7 months ago.

See you in Houston

Who’s comin’??

Mae said she’s coming, I expect to see Jam there, too and Much Ado

“[No matter where you go, there you are] – And Sigler knows exactly where there is! ”

Oh how badly I wish I could, but alas I’m now in Oxford, England.

So someone else needs to organize the drinks & eats this year!!!!!

And make sure they understand it will be a LARGE crowd!!!

for sure!!  Can’t wait!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Shadygirl, CB and I can’t be there. Someone please enjoy a gin drink for me. Please!?

– “I just did something involuntary. And messy.” – Sid

You just try to stop me!  I dare ya… I double dare ya!  

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

The Mumo and I will be there

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

The last one was great and I can’t miss this one either. I even get to introduce my new girlfriend this time to Scott’s stuff. Oh she’ll dig it, that’s for sure, or else she’s gone! Surprised

We are coming up from San Antonio.  The bf’s family lives in north east Houston, but they are terrible people… SO!  This is how committed to the FDO I am. 

I have designated a pet hotel for my Dalmatian and Corgi puppies so that we can attend the signing.  And depending on how the pub crawl goes, the kids might have to join us at the bar. =) 

———————————————-

Live every week like it’s Shark Week!!!!1!

looking for something different? http://www.manicminute.com/ never the same… =)

we need to beat out DC, we can pull in 100+ and show the world texas is not to be triffled with……
    then we drive up the road to dallas and do it all over again
    we’ll make the videographers sorry they didn’t make plans to come to texas (instead of/as well as) DC
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

I know there are a couple of threads out there about the Houston book tour stop, but this is the first one I found easily…at any rate, just a quick post to let y’all know that I have just booked my reservations to be at the Houston signing.  Yes that’s right… The Czar will be there!  Can’t wait to meet all y’all!

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

have a freaking great time. make sure the FDO gets his Beer.

This is gonna be so damn much fun!

We gotta go to a bigger place to drink afterwards though.  The microbrewery from the infected signing was good, but too small and crowded!

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

S.H.I.T. Award Recipient and all-around uberjunkie! 

When you follow the link from the home page out to the tour stop:

http://eventful.com/houston/events/sigler-stank-houston-contagious-book-tour-/E0-001-017529216-4?utm_source=widgets&utm_medium=widgets&utm_campaign=event_widget

The first thing you see is a pic from Houston’s Infected’s book signing!  Yep!  That’s SynapticJam and Mumo!  And we’ll be there again!

Man am I getting stoked!  I thought about flying in the day of and leaving right afterwards but I don’t think that’ll work.  I gots to stick around a bit!

I can’t wait…I’ve been counting down the days *squee* 

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne – Firefly

thats great gmork, see u there

I’m leaving early the day after the signing but I get in at about 10am CST on the 15th…Thinking I might go see a few sights before the signing.  Let me know if you guys are getting together before hand…maybe we can hang!

We still cool for a crib hang?  I’m trying to decide if I want to come in on the 14th or wait for the morning of the 15th.  What do you and Donnieboy have planned?  

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka

PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Gonna decide if I’m getting in on the 14th or waiting until the 15th… either way, we’ll hook.  Last time I got a car and in the end didn’t really need it…  Let me know what your plans are… 

Last time we were huge!  well, Mumo was at least.  But we packed that damn little book store and the cutsie place we went afterwards…  

This time we’ll be spillin’ out the doors at the bookstore – cool, no problem.  Where are we going to celebrate aftewards?  If it’s the same place, we need one helluva reservation…  I’m not local, so I can’t do nuthin…  who’s taking the ball for this one? 

we were going to The Big Easy afterward. We want to be spilling out the doors there as well so come one come all. Also, there really isn’t any food at the Big Easy so eat beforehand, especially if you’ll be drinking.

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Because I over heard several Seattle Junkies say Houston ain’t got shite. I said "wow, Seattle, you brough sixty people, that’s impressive, but I bet Houston will top it." And do you know what Seattle said? Seattle said, "oh screw that, Houston can’t possibly top sixty people — it’s not going to happen."

The weird thing is, Seattle talked in a Pookie Chang voice. I don’t know if that was to be a smart-ass or what, but it was kind of weird.

that I have the Ace of Spades up my sleeve!!!!!  And let the record show that Houston topped that measly little number of 60 last year!  Now I’ll be pulling out all of the stops.  Take that Seattle.  I think all of that rain you guys get has sullied up your brains!!!!! Tongue out

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Bring it! 

absolutely spam, ur always welcome down here, mucho cervesas await u

It will be great to see you there too! Four days and a wake up call till Houston!

(In my best Bestie Boys voice)

No…..Sleep…..Till…..Houston!

3 days and a wake up call ….. Houston here I come!

and hang with you guys that day.  Bad Gmork, Bad Jam!!!!!!!

I mean, how often does a chance like this come around?  

Almost put this in it’s own thread, but thought I’d just post it here…

Check it out…

http://junkiestory.mevio.com/

I like your little story and you have a great voice for podcasting.  Can we have some more – please??????

That’s why I’m editing my novel silly!  Hopefully something this spring…  I submitted some simple audio to Mae for a (hopefully) upcoming Chop Shop.  I suppose I could write some quick Sigler Fic and podcast that…  It’s all about time…

So, you gonna hang with Gmork and me in H-Town or not?  Come on.. you know you wanna!

Your Junkie story was so good, I really liked hearing about your adventure again.
    You did a great job giving us a peek into the sweet world of book signings with the FDO….
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

After this tour stop… maybe one from there and one from Minneapolis… and dare I hope – DC????

you do have a podcaster quality voice and can spin a interesting tale.

"Get off… the nuclear… warhead."

Yesssss… MuchAdo, I know you feel a cold coming on :) Skip work and come hang out with us!

that halloween pict is perfect we will use it.

rodney carigton

I’ll be in town Wednesday night.  Staying with Mumo and Wallerdad…   Any chance of  few of us die hard junkies getting together for supper… Maybe some good tex-mex someplace?  Talk amongst yourselves…   You really don’t have to.. but…  well… <sniff>….  If we don’t… well, then….   I’ll cry…..  And that’s not a pretty picture!

for supper depending upon where we go and what time.  Let me know what you guys plan.

Damn you are up in Minn. GO VIKINGS. I still wear my jersey on weekends.

I lived in Jamestown ND. the link is great. I agree good Podcast voice. keep up the work and

lets hear some more. 

rodney carigton

into cannibalism.

now that is the character to be in nocturnal…. 

wow, my mind was totally in the gutter with red’s comment….I didn’t even think cannibalismEmbarassed

_______________________________________–

was hilarious! Made even better by your response!

– “I’m risking my life, for people I don’t like, for reasons I don’t quite understand.” – Homer

You’re gonna give me ideas…    

It was about -20 degrees here this morning!  That’s 20 below zero…  Negative…  Below the donut!  

Exposed body parts freeze in seconds!!! And trust me, there ain’t nothing worse than a frozen <omitted>

accidently misspelled words but now I’m pretty sure he does these things intentionally!  I bet he could take on two at once!

We are in the 30′s here.

If you want to meet on Wed night with Jam, Mumo and myself please send either me or Jam a private message telling us what part of H-town you are so we can find a resturant in a central location.  Mumo and I live on the West side of town, in oh my God, Waller,  who would have guessed

Wasn’t my first thought, either. 

WOOF, WOOF

So far, it looks like we might get MuchAdo and Redhedtexan to come on out.  Anybody else?  I can promise to put you in my next book…  oh, wait… damnit!  Though I do have another one in the works… it’s gonna be good too.  "Insurance to Die For"….  You know… I had a dream last night… and I was visited by the Ghost of Junkie get-togethers past.  and he said to me, if a bunch of junkies don’t show up for dinner Wednesday night, you’ll die…  You wouldn’t want that on your conscious would you?  What?  You sick bastards!  

rodney carigton

hell if it taste like people,bring me people!

rodney carigton

I wont be arriving until the afternoon of the 15th. So think of me while you guys are having a great time. *sniff*  :(

Roasting on a spit!  (gotta keep with the cannibalism theme I suppose)…

Actually, Gmork will be in town in the afternoon…  Maybe we can hook up prior to heading over to the bookstore…

I’ll send you my cell phone #…

I kinda partial to Head Country BBQ sauce. In other words,  dont go easy on the sauce! :p

I hope that stalker lady isn’t back this time, it looked like she was giving the FDO the willies last time.

keep my mother out of this!Wink 

WOOF, WOOF

Sorry Wolf ;)

I remember her… she gave me the willies too!

Of course… as long as she doesn’t give me ‘the’ willy… I’m good.

I’m heading out to the airport…  Big party tonight in H-Town… but it won’t be nuthin’ compared to when the FDO gets there tomorrow!  

I’ll be making that trek to H-town tomorrow, too!  Can’t wait!!

Be seeing you all sometime tomorrow! Smooth skies guys! :)

rodney carigton

rodney carigton

I hope you will have fun pictures to post, I enjoyed the vicarious
    experience on your last Houston tour..Surprised

Here’s a report from Houston…

http://www.mevio.com/shows/?show_id=20363

This should work.  If you’ve been insane enought o actually subscribe via the rss feed, you’ll get it in our podcatcher…

I’m here! 

Jam is here!!!  Mumo is on his way with the Corona’s and we are gonna go eat some Tex Mex later, be jealous bitches

challenged us to beat the Denver total of 71.  What do you have to say about that???????  I say it’s time to let our numbers do the talking so bring everyone you can think of.

This is the last podcast for the the Book Signing Eve for Houston TX.  A great meal of TexMex and a lot of the fermented spirits!  Please.  Once you listen to this, Please pretend you never heard it.  It is not to be spoken of again.  Suffice it to say, mumo got me drunk….

If you’re just clicking on the link now… click on the tab that says epidsodes… then start from the beginning…  now, good night… 

its lonely at the top…..synaptic spam slumbers in a alcohol induced slumber whilst the mumo continues to imbibe…awaiting the FDO’s return to H-town

Due to

1. In-laws being cunt munchers

2. Terrible flu

3. $$$  

I will not be at the Houston gtg.  I have been planning this since it was fucking announced! *breathe*

grrrrrrrrr. 

I doubt I will ever meet Scott before he takes over the world - so I am throwing an invite out now.  Dude, when I have my boat and dive instruction business flowing in the Bahamas, I have a spot just for you and the Evil Queen anytime! Good luck and have fun in H-town!!  

———————————————-

You will be missed!!!

I am ready to watch Mumo drink again!

Just watching that can get one completely drunk!

Countdown… ~8.5 hours

-Pookie Chang says to buy stock in Depends, believe him!

Not all cunt munchers are bad

Okay Junkies!!!  This is the first stab at a meet me prior to the actual book signing!!! 

Goode’s Aradillo Palace…  It’s about 4 blocks from the book store!  You can’t miss it.  there’s a huge armadillo out front!  They have food and ShinerBock and pool tables! 

5015 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX‎

Go to http://maps.google.com and put this in the blank:

5015 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX‎ to murder by the book, houston, tx

That will show you where.  It’s on Kirby just south of 59.  I’m going to try to grab as many junkies as I can along the way and get them there.  BYOJ!  (bring your own junkies).  We’ll have a drink and then head over to the book store.  It’s easily within walking distance…   Let me know if you can make it.  And by that I mean, ‘you make it junkie!  You get there!  Or else!"   Or else what?  Well, I’ll tell you when you get there! 

I’ll meet you at the armadillo!!!!

And I’ve just experienced something new after reading K0DA’s post–Sambuca coming out of my nose…

– “I’m risking my life, for people I hate, for reasons I don’t quite understand.” – Homer

Now I’m even more sad! Why couldn’t you all be asshats?! 

Seriously though, thank you.  And please take pixors!! 

OH! And true! Cunt munchers, or whatever I said, are not necessarily bad… but these are jack ass ppl, so I mean it in the negative… this time! =D 

———————————————-

its fucking hilarious.

thanks for sharing ogreoregon 

I dig it!

———————————————-

rodney carigton

rodney carigton

It looked exactly like that!!!!!

Here is the audio from the get together after the book signing. 

Just lick onthe ipisodes tab to see all the episodes for this junkies story.

But we have to give credit where credit is due.  The Rear Admiral gave us the orders to save Sigler!!!!

About 120 Junkies showed up, tore up the book store when the Triangles attacked and then we closed down the bar.

Way to go H-Town

I lie by the way

and a "bunch of people got eaten"!!!! YAY!!!!

I really enjoyed meeting all of you last night.  I’ve been to many readings, but this is the first time I was able to actually sit down with a published author and discuss life, the universe and everything.  Scott, many thanks for coming to visit us. Cheers!

PS:  how can a future dark overload drink bud lite??????? Wink

Paul Elard Cooley

stories.shadowpublications.com

Tongue out

<———— For Mumo Laughing

Houston Junkies, you guys (and gals) rock!  I had a blast meeting you all and FDO too.  Let’s do it all asgain next year!!

Jam — are you drunk podcasting again?! I tried to lick the episode tabs but it only made my screen wet and nastyTongue out

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne –

G-Man

In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.

Can’t wait for next year but we need to all take off a few extra days so that we can get in more trouble!!!!!!  HeeHee!

G-Man

In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies.

I missed that earlier Gmork.  That is way too funny and yes, Jam was podcasting drunk!!!!!  These guys can’t handle their tequila!!!!!

It was so great to hear everyone!!! I got high just listening to you all. really neat!!! Oh, and What’s wrong with Dud Light, I mean Bud Light?

Definitely need more days….for both more troublemaking and more recovery Cool

The FDO is scary and so his choice of beverage.  To drink bud lite at a microbrew is tantamount to defilng an alter.

Paul Elard Cooley

http://stories.shadowpublications.com

You, CB and JP ca,e up several times in our discussions…we need to find away to get the FDO to Germany so we can all meet up!

had a great time meeting all the junkies last nite, gmork, muchado, 2wire, treed(still turtle-like), niblik, and everyone else…please forgive my memory, still a bit foggy….glad i have the day off 2day…i need it!!

Had a fantastic time in H-Town.  All y’all are just great!  To those who couldn’t make it, I feel for you, it was awesome!  Can’t wait for the next one!

The Mumo drank himself under the table last night!  Sadly, I didn’t do it… it was all him.  You should hear what managed to pour down his gullet!  But I’ll have to leave that to him!

When the FDO takes over, he’ll have to charter us a private plane!

Looks like I can’t spell for shit when I been drinkin’!

You’re a naughty girl!  Naughty!  Spanky Spoons for everyone!

But I’ll pull the pictures outta my butt and get them up on flickr.  Don’t worry, I’ll wipe them in the show first.  Yesterday, it was 60 degrees in Houston and -20 in Minneapolis!   80 degree swing baby!  It’s actually above zero here now, so I just managed to miss the worst of it!  Rock on Junkies!

I’ll chant, "no Bud Lite". (I thought the "Let there be Light" quote referred to beer.)
    I checked on your site, and now am starting The Hunt episode 3. Nice and strange!

…click here to see some that I took.  Apparently I was too busy socializing and not busy enough with my camera.  (It seemed like I took more pics?!?!)

thanks for sharing. those, way to reperesent 00, 10 and 58 fucking cool jerseys

Crap!  Start with episode 1!  And thanks for giving me a shot!

Cheers.

Paul Elard Cooley

I’ll work on them later on tonight… family kind of took over once I got back… something about being pissed off at me missing the coldest weather of the year… hehehe 

I had alrready finished Episodes 1 and 2, and was starting up #3 when I posted…. so, now I’ve finished it and loved it… really something different. now on to the rest of your offerings.

Gosh, ya’ll almost look like normal people…Little does the rest of the world know what lurks beneath it all, but in a good way.Surprised   I wish I could have been there.

Thanks for checking it out and glad you enjoyed it.  I’m working on a novel right now and will have some more stories soon as well.  Again, thanks for listening.

Paul Elard Cooley

Great pics!

So while signing the bevy of books I brought, the FDO asked how far I travelled in order to attend the signing.  Using an "as the crow files" distance calculator to determine the distance, it came out to 1,298 miles (2,089 km) one way or 2,596 miles (4,178 km) roundtrip from MD to Houston, TX. 

If anyone is interested Click here to see the "as the crow files" distance calculator I used to determine howw far I traveled to support Siglerism!

Me and the boy also had a great time meeting everyone!

at my flicker page.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34463593@N03/?saved=1

Very nice shots, my camera had an epic fail.  Red will be happy to know someone got a good pic of him and FDO!

G-Man

The pictures in front of the  Horny Armadillo were really nice….It actually looks like a  true family photo….Happy and attractive and well fed, and ready to do extreme havoc at a moments notice. Loved it!
    *I’m Rear Admiral but Sigler’s the FDO*

Your picture came out really well!  Thanks for shring them :)

NICE

The Horny Armadillo! How did I let that one get by me? I’m slipping!

And they are excellent pics.  :)

Here are some of my pic’s that did come out. Red check it out! The road reading shot just might work!

http://tinyurl.com/8ydqae

Seeing the pics from around the country on the tour.

looked like fun. 

G-Man

In between family and the Minneapolis tour stop I haven’t had a chance to do much of anything with my pics yet…  I’ll work them out and get them up…

Since my head was in a lot of MuchAdo’s photos, I figured it would only be fair if I put up mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13605421@N04/sets/72157612720200280/

so find my picts at flickr use redhedtexan to find my set of picts

rodney carigton

You were in a good seat, nice close ups of the FDO!

Thanks for posting these everyone! Shadygirl and I sure wish we could have been there with CB in tow. In spite of the numbers, it seems like Houston was some sort of freaky Siglerism nexus… BTW, I have to say the junkes are sure a group of handsome (guys) and hot (gals) folks! (I fear I won’t measure up–maybe it was good I couldn’t be there. If this happens again, I’ll just send Shadygirl and CB…)

– It’s a cold world. This is life.

These are great pics!! Thanks so much for sharing them :)

Finally got em down!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/synapticjam/sets/72157612680712457/

You got a lot of awesome pics, Jam!! Thanks for sharing them :)

LOVE IT SJ

Thanks for sharing. soooo cool, brother. 

G-Man

Lots of great pics! You ought to be a professional photog!

Great pics Red! Man, I like the pic of your phone, nice. Just the first 2 Junkie names would have melted my poor phone. :)

What do you want JP? 

I love the sub titles, and everyone looked sooo good! Thanks for sharing.

my elusive presence in these pics? Ha! You’ll never see me in a photo…NEVER!

– It’s a cold world and this is life.

You know your right! I’ve never seen you photo….. :p

Love it

Never say never.  I’m now loading photoshop!!!!!!

I can’t wait for the next tour stop down there…   Don’t tell the other Minnesota Junkies this, but the signing down there was a lot better than the one up here…   shhhh….. 

I’ve actually never been photographed!

this is how we ended up married…

With tequila and Corona Extra for all! 

Here’s the photos from the Minneapolis signing…   if you’re interested…

http://www.flickr.com/photos/synapticjam/sets/72157612811060996/

Thanks for posting these photos…looks like a nice packed reading followed by an awesome spread at the bar :)

(Oh the the avatar rocks!  Now if we could have only gotten some nibbling!)

Looks like everyone was having a good time. I liked the Saviour mask! In Dallas a young lady gave Scott a Stocking cap with a triangle on it. 

Hold everything! I think I might make it to Houston! (Am I too late?)

Come on down!  I’ll just have to make a trip!

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

explain CB, as well!

meet at the Armadillo? I’ll buy the first gallon of rounds fer ya!

You and shadygirl have a bedroom at my house anytime.  I even have one for CB.  Just give me a few days warning!!!!!

Its one horny Armadillo, so ya gots to watch out!

(False alarm.)

Of course, I didn’t drink at the Minneapolis one…  Sober as a church mouse (a church mouse addicted to Crack, of course)…

The crew’s were completely different… y’all be good people… and crack heads… 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

i guess it takes a bit to thaw out them brain cells up there
    #
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

I’m not afeared…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.