This topic contains 92 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Emily Cano Emily Cano 6 years, 1 month ago.

Scott tell me this

• Profile photo of Emily Cano

Bryan’s voice is the best! I love it!

Profile photo of Josh Dynon

In one of the nocturnal books (episode 18-20) you were playing the character mason stone and your voice sort of broke. 

Ancestor is an awesome book, lol

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

cause if ya listen to them enough, ya wish you were dead
    MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Pons Matal

a mass killing of Junkies! The would be a monumental goregasm!

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of J.P.

there’s gonna be a spasm of gore; a veritable goregasm…

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

are doing as well as possible. I know we’re not forgotten. Family first,  I can wait as long as it takes.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

so I completely understand the delay. There was an extended family crisis and he still has his editor riding his ass to get Contagious in on time. Paid work has to come before free stuff so it totally makes sense. The FDO has not forgotten us.

We will also have the Obsidian story soon. That was pushed back a week as well. It is now slated for late August. I’ll get it produced as pure crack onto Podiobooks within 24-48 hours after it drops in JCs feed.

– hit Podiobooks.com for undiluted crack by our FDO! –

I meant you were suffering from a lack of love at home so you had to look elsewhere. You found comfort and warmth under Papa Sigler’s wing.

If it isnt about the same inside.

Profile photo of Ralph Schmeer

Things go wrong and that is how we learn

Hopefully the FDO will be spreading it around to some of us Junkies

in the last chapters of Nocturnal!

I am the only Junkie in my family so far. Trying to change that. I might be misinturpreting your use of the words…

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of J.P.

we call the FDO’s murderous rampage “tough love.”

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

That says something in and of itself. No wonder you’re a junkie. You’ve been driven to it. Don’t worry. Papa Sigler loves all minions equally. At least until he decides to go on a murderous rampage, that is.

(JK) Wolf!

G-Man

Other than G-Man that is!

G-Man

Profile photo of Wolf
    • This old boy just don’t Dew it!
    Profile photo of Nathan Wells

bad time for that signature
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of Wolf

That’s OK, I was almost 14 before I realized my name wasn’t really "Dammit"! 

Just Dew it!

Profile photo of Wolf

(ο)

Just Dew it!

I’m so old I fart dust, thus Dusty Bottoms. And JP, well damn, we all now how Lucky he is! :)

I know it didnt sound quite right. Its been along time since I spoke any Dutch, was very young, or been around my Mother when shes speaking it.  Dont remember very much, just a few things such as this saying.

[brood en brood met brood tussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

Profile photo of Peter Braat

-

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

only your signature has one error in it. It should be "brood ertussen."

I fell in love with Scott’s novels way back when. Even if some of his voices aren’t dead on, I adore the unique character they give the novels AND the instant demarcation the switch gives.

Unless you have a talented narrator, it often takes a second or two to realize when they switch between characters in the midst of dialog. It can also be confusing sometimes when they bounce between the omniscent narrator point of view and a character speaking. I’ve never run into that with Scott’s work.

That’s one of the reasons I’m procrastinating on beginning my narration of Cory Doctorow’s Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom. I’ve got all the permissions, equipment, etc. but have not decided which narration style I want to use yet. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I am hoping that Scott will write a reply on my other post and "help a bruther out" as he would say….

I could be dusty bottoms, JP would be lucky day and Pjotr could be ned nederlander (because it sounds like Netherlander)

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows where there is!

I’d say Steve Martin in his Wild and Crazy guy days.

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows where there is!

Profile photo of J.P.

The Three Amigos.

Profile photo of J.P.

I juggle cats. In my mind. (Name that quote…)

Profile photo of J.P.

It’s a matter of standards.

Jokingly that is. He had told me that was ball sack or scrotum.

… but I can’t see them!!!

… A**holes

We are three lucky Amigos!

-

Profile photo of J.P.

back in the day when they used to jokingly call her, ol’ six teeth, or quarter mouth? Yeah, those were the days. Then twowire revealed that there’s actually more to her than just six teeth. Since then, the world hasn’t been the same. For the Dutch. Oh, I also think your sense of humor is great! Could it be that we three have the coolest wives ever?

I havent heard or been called that in years!

When we took a flight anywhere I could carry her in my pocket and save on the fare! I love a Dutch sense of humor!

Profile photo of Wolf

couple of what?

Just Dew it!

EVERYTHING!

but isn’t everything He does amazing

Now that you mention it. And what a repertoire of voices our FDO has! Amazing when you think about it.

they speak both dutch and french… as do some dutch people. Laughing

wouldn’t that look strange when you’re in church on your wedding day trying to shove a ring on one quarter of a mouth an than having to kiss that too…. Tongue out

-

and you can instantly tell which character is speaking. At some podcast novels you don’t always know which char is talking at which time… But not on the stories of our FDO

et les voix de Wolf aussi

She’s all woman very much to my delight! Tongue out 

or is she only one quarter of a mouth… Tongue outWink

Never thought I’d see that pegged as a documentary. Rock on!

Profile photo of Gmork

Let’s just say I’d have to kill you if I told you.  Our leader, Bad Horse (aka The Thoroughbred of Sin) runs the League with an iron hoof!  But if you have the intestinal fortitude, the documentary at the link below will give you a glimpse of the kind of sacrifice that will get you in.

http://www.drhorrible.com/

Profile photo of Gmork

…so, it’s coming along.  I’m working with a voice coach.  Too many villians ignore the laugh…

he he,,,you can use it anytime.  I’m such a fan girl I jsut downloaded 158 Dr. Horrible avatars.  *squee*

Profile photo of J.P.

I almost didn’t recognize you! Coooooooool. Can I use this one too, sometime? Think of the confusion it would cause!

What’d you do to become an Evil League of Evil Member?

Profile photo of J.P.

n8, how long did it take you to look “acquiesce” up? I’m impressed!

If he is non-acquiescent to my request.  To being eradicated in some atrocious and disquieting manner by him that is! The Veto would just have been a tease anyway.

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

And thank you! She is shy, didnt want her pic to show. 

Profile photo of James Keeling

I find myself in agreement!  And that’s a lovely lover right corner of you wife’s mouth in your pic… assuming of course that it "is" your wife.

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of J.P.

That reminds me of a commercial from a few years back. Some guy presents himself as a consultant, and the person he’s talking to says something like, “well, that’s like a mime.” The consultant argues with him that they’re not the same thing at all, and the other guy ends up telling him, “Hey, and mimes don’t talk, you dirty, stinking mime!” Great commercial.

– “Everything takes longer than it does.” -Me

Profile photo of Ralph Schmeer

you can not plead insanity defence anymore Innocent

You should ahve listen closer and they would have told you 

Things go wrong and that is how we learn

Profile photo of Gmork

That’s awesome!! I need some mind-mimes!

(say that three times fast)

FDO! My Wife and I both find that you have the ability to bring your characters to life. Thats why we enjoy your work so much, you can connect with the characters. As for Bryans voice, your got it pegged. Great work, thanks for putting out for (and up with)  us!

Profile photo of

I tend to go back and listen to previous parts for the same character. I’ve actually been using the Wiki to go back and find episodes with specific characters, like Tricky Dick, then I listen in and cop the same accent. The major characters aren’t much of a problem. Oddly, it’s the non-accent characters that give me fits. Bryan is driving me bonkers, I feel like my voice for him is different every time.

Mine are all Mime’s

To receive an FDO offical Veto! Would almost, almost be as good as being killed by him.

Profile photo of J.P.

What language do ants speak? I certainly didn’t know they’re bilingual. Probably even in two languages!

– “Everything takes longer than it does.” -Me

Profile photo of Wolf

but apparently, they don’t speak English.

Profile photo of Wolf

Does anybody have any bilingual voices we could use? We seem to be having a communication problem amongst ourselves.

Profile photo of J.P.

Maybe that’s French I’m hearing! I thought it was Dutch. Damn it!

– Everything takes longer than it does.

Profile photo of Wolf

I sure wish I did too.

Profile photo of J.P.

they’re speaking Dutch!

– Everything takes longer than it does.

Profile photo of J.P.

Thooooooose voices. OK then, I’m not worried.

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Profile photo of john bennett

could we even quell the quandry to the quorum quickly?

TEXANS unite bring the dark overlord to his true home

only those that you’re hearing inside your head. You know the ones telling you to come to this site and talk about all kinds of unnecessary  interresting things posted on here. 

My voices made me change that. They wouldn’t stop screaming…

now the FDO™has to tell us.

… If He wants to.

You pose a quandry to our quorum? We must find a way to quash that quandry. At least thats what the voices have told me! ;)

we have a quorum, so now what?G-Man

Profile photo of Gmork

With your agreement to my approval, we have a quorum!

Tongue out

Profile photo of J.P.

Are there voices…? (hehehehe)

– Verveces tui similes pro ientaculo mihi appositi sunt. (I have jerks like you for breakfast.)

Profile photo of Gmork

…and I approve these agreements!

G-Man

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

I agree with your agreement of his agreement of his agreement! 

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

Profile photo of J.P.

I agree with his agreement, and yours! I guess this makes my agreement a triple. (Pathetic.)

G-man, I have to agree with your agreement! (Shameless non-essential post for a Crackhit +5) Woohoo!

I know different authors do it different ways, I’d like to hear what your approach is. A related, but slightly different, question: When you record each episode, do you run straight through and switch back and forth between characters or do you do all the parts/voices  separately and stitch them together once you’re done?

G-Man

How in the hell do you keep track of all your character voices and personalities? Do you do record sound bites of each character to remind you? Or is it a natural talent of your simply brilliant and twisted mind?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.