This topic contains 25 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Doug St.Cyr Doug St.Cyr 2 years, 3 months ago.

Saw trailer for "A Game of Thrones" on HBO

What is it? It looked interesting. Some of the same actors as TLOTR. Has anyone read the books?

One of the best series I’ve ever read. I am so excited about this upcoming show. I don’t even have HBO, but I’m going to get it for the broadcast of this series. It is truly an EXCELLENT story. Four books so far in the series (planned 7 or 8), and each one is brilliant. Do yourself the kindness of picking them up and checking them out!

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Also it looks awesome, might have to watch it

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

I knew my Junkie peeps would have the low-down. Gotta do something to kill time while waiting for new Sigler stank!
    Oh yeah, you might want to check this out: http://www.themaesterspath.com/#/notloggedin
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

The graphics are neat. Yeah i can’t wait for friday and sunday either. Also my fan fictions on tuesday terror next week, make sure you check that out and comment if you want

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

that Gmork just started reading the series. I may be mistaken on that. But if she did, then she may be able to give you a more objective, non-fanboy opinion of it.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

….fantasy series out there, but George RR Martin will likely die before he finishes the series :(

If HBO maintains the standards they set with True Blood, Sopranos, & Six Feet Under, Game of Thrones will be a series not to missed. I’m not sure it’s worth subscribing to HBO, but if you have access definitely DVR/watch it.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

but A Dance With Dragons officially has a release date of July 12, 2011. The big announcement came yesteday. Woot^8

-

If George keeps the same pattern, it’ll be 2017 for book #6 and 2024 for book #7. Does it look like he’ll last 13 more years to you? The article is about HBO’s Game of Thrones series coming out and why George wrote it.

———————————————————-

I’m not going to jump on the bandwagon of “he’s going to die before he finishes it.” Healthy young authors die, too. That’s no reason to assume he’s going to kick off just cuz he’s fat.

He simply doesn’t look healthy.

Also, waiting that long for a series to finish is ridiculous. If my projections are right, that would be 33 years to do a 7 book series. It’s already been 20 years for 4 of those books. Hopefully the 5th book will hit shelves when they say it will this time. It’s had 3 or 4 previous release dates that got canceled after they were announced.

———————————————————-

to my Kindle. But no reading until all the crap that we moved is unpacked and put away. Well.. maybe just a peek!
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

By saying, “See if you’re hooked by the first 100 pages.” Boy was I.

…. of the finest in the fantasy genre. I’d be hard pressed to come up with 5 candidates that *might* be better than A Song of Fire and Ice.

———————————————————-

5 Better the ASoFAI

1) Wheel Of Time
    2) Thomas Covenant Trilogies
    3) The Black Company
    4) Lord of the Rings
    5) The Princes of Amber

Could be argued that they are better than Martin’s series

I just started reading them, they are really good so far.

Season 2 starts on Sunday! CAN’T WAIT!

I just started reading book 3. I can’t wait to see season 2! It is going to be awesome!

They’re all still on my “to read” list.

The show is so good, but the books are even better!

But I have SOOOO many things on my “to read” list. There just isn’t enough time! :(

I know ho you feel. I would love to have some time to just sit and read until I catch up on some of this b

And starting tomorrow, I’ll have this amazingly girthy book to read. You may have heard of it… it’s called NOCTURNAL! ;-)

I know! Everything else gets put down until I’m done with Noctournal!

I think that HBO has done a great job with the show so far. They have diverged from the books in a couple places, but they aren’t trying to rewrite the authors vision of the world and events like I have seen done with some other adaptions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.