This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Kevin Mest Kevin Mest 5 years, 2 months ago.

Rookieverse vs. Siglerverse vs. Whateverse(TM)

So, quite obviously, The Rookie and The Crypt take place in the same universe, and the Rookie was released first so I can understand arguments for naming this particular space/time/dimension the Rookieverse or Rookie Universe.  However, I’m not sold on saying that the Cyrpt takes place in the the Rookieverse… there’s a time frame difference, the theme is different, and the tone of the stories are definitely different.  To me, it seems that the Rookie Universe is a Subset of the same universe in which the Crypt takes place… but I’m not sure that superset has a name at this point.  I’m loath to call it Siglerverse, because I think that could encompass books/stories that have nothing to do with The Rookie, The Crypt, Infected, Contagious, or any other stories that may have plotlines with tentrils into that universe.

The reason I’m asking is more for Wiki concerns.  Gmork and I touched on this a few months ago when I was updating the Wiki to outline the Purist Nation info.  I really just outlined the data from a Rookie POV (knowingly) because that was really all that was available at the time.  However I’m almost certain that by the end of The Crypt there will be a much more rich set of content about the Purist Nation available to insert into the Wiki. 

Given that probability, is it fair to say then that the Purist Nation is a concept of the Rookieverse, or, is it more concerned with the Cryptverse… or, is there a more generic name that encompasses both of those verses, and all others that touch it?  Another example:  Before the Crypt, the concept of The Passenger was associated with The Rookieverse because there was really no other place to catagorize it.  However, now we know that its more than likely going to have a higher profile as a plot item in the Crypt, or could anyway.  So my question is, for purposes of catagorization, where does it live?  To me, saying that the Passenger concept is part of a verse defined by "interspecies football and the chaos that ensues" is a little wonky.

I guess i’m asking this: does anyone else see the potential for some catagorization there?  Maybe the Rookieverse and the Cryptverse are really just subsets of some other verse to be named later. 

Or, should I just stfu and stop overthinking it?

Yours Truely,

Wordy McWordyWords

Because these Verses are in Sigler’s head.

as to how they all meld together depends on how it unfolds. 

We know that The Rookie, Title Fight, Infected, Contagious, Earthcore and Nocturnal all are related in one way or another.

As the different Species that Scott has been creating have cross-overs in the books.  Scott discussed this during the Q&A for Contagious. I believe he also discussed that The Crypt is part of the same Verse as the others during this Q & A as well.

I think a direct response from the FDO himself and a heirarchy drawn up could truly clarify all for the Wiki and Junkies that follow at this point in time.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man, I AM UNRec Leader & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

I definitely agree.  A hierarchy would be pretty nice, and of course would be a ‘living’ thing as new stories pop up and into the Siglerverse.  As far as the Wiki is concerned, Some general disambiguation would be necessary, and is a good idea anyway.  e.g. "Story X takes place in the Siglerverse roughly 25 years after the events outlined in The Rookie" or even "This is a story that takes place in the Siglerverse prior to the Quyth collonization of Ionath"

At this point too, I think we’ll be able to start to come up with visual timelines for Siglerverse events for the wiki complete with rough dates… that would be fun, maybe I’ll try that.

~~There are many types of heros, I am one who just happens to eat brains~`

• King Of UNdead for Sigler

Basically this… I dont think its necessarily ‘proper’ to imply that the Crypt takes place in the ‘Rookie Universe’ when really they both take place in some other overarching universe, heretofore refered to as the Siglerverse.  There have been some times when stories with Ki, Quyth, Sklorno, the Purist Nation, etc, have been described as taking place in the Rookie Universe, but as more stories came out, it turned out that The Rookie is not really the thing that binds them, its something a little higher up on the org chart.  I was just wonderingif that thing had an official name yet.  I was basically asking for purposes of calssification, for when I start updating the wiki again.

the Issue is time. I agree, being that specific with BookVerse vs. AuthorVerse can be a little distracting. If you could find out the timeline of the Verses themselves then that might help with the Wiki Page.

Regarding the over arching "Verse" the one I see most on the forums is SiglerVerse.  

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man, I AM UNRec Leader & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

agreed

~~There are many types of heros, I am one who just happens to eat brains~`

• King Of UNdead for Sigler

Kevinesque mainly because I like his name and he’s cute!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Best post ever!  Innocent

The Siglerverse is all encompassing of the others (Scott’s the universe & and the other storys & their timelines are galaxies within it) as they are his creations. Scott mentioned that the Crypt takes place in or about 2557 and its timeline occurs within the other verse’s also. If you wanna check on the timelines here is a link with the Galactic History Timeline.

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

Thats a good link though, I dont think I’d seen thaqt one before (oddly).

Since I AM pointed out that "We know that The Rookie, Title Fight, Infected, Contagious, Earthcore and Nocturnal all are related in one way or another", and we know that the stories cross over quite a bit, wouldn’t it be easier to assume that they all take place along a single absolute timeline in a single reality, rather than a single relative timeline across a multiverse?

I get a definite impression that The Crypt takes place in the same ‘verse as The Rookie, but before the Cretirakian (sp?) conquest of the galaxy. Same thing for the short The Passenger.

Just run the plays I call, Barnes!

thanks for the reminder.

Thats how I’m picturing it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.