This topic contains 98 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mary Garrett Mary Garrett 3 years, 9 months ago.

Rookie book pictures!

Profile photo of Belladonna420

Photobucket recently updated their site and now you can copy the code for a clickable thumbnail that will link back to the original pic, so you no longer have to worry about resizing it before posting it here.

From your Photobucket album, hover over the picture you want to post and click Share. Then click the tab that says Get link code. Under HTML for websites & blogs, you’ll see the code for the clickable thumbnail. Copy the code then follow steps 2-4 mentioned in my Photo help post from above.

If you are viewing an individual picture, when you hover over it some options will appear along the top of the pic. Under Share, click More options. Then click the tab that says Get link code and follow the remaining steps mentioned above.

I know this seems like a lot of work, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll find it only takes a few seconds. I prefer to use this method of posting because Flickr limits the number of pics you can upload to their site without having to pay for more space and I quickly reached that limit. So now I use Photobucket for pretty much everything.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

Now I just have to remember it for when I use it…

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of BigJohn

It’s as simple as that.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Are you just pasting in an image link, or is the html more complex than that?

Doc

Profile photo of NeilColquhoun

The small collection will swell when Ancestor arrives, then ‘The Starter’.

The holy grail, of course, is Earthcore and original Ancestor next!

————————————————————————————————–

Mr Fast Fingers (title bestowed upon me by guestford_junkie)

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

We aim to please… Tongue out

[flickr-photo:id=4730644738,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

Anything to help a fellow Junkie out! Wink

I *do* prefer Mistress! Kiss

You are truly a Master.

I bow before your greatness!

———————————————————————————————

Mr Fast Fingers

OK, as you can see, TwitPic will only allow you to post a thumbnail of the pic. If you want to post the entire pic, you should use Photobucket or Flickr. These instructions will work for TwitPic and Photobucket ONLY.

1. In the bottom right hand corner of your TwitPic page, you’ll see a link that says “Put this photo on your website”. When you click on it, it’ll will give you the HTML code to copy. (On Photobucket, just find the HTML code for your pic and copy it.)

2. Directly under the comment boxes on scottsigler.com, you will see a link that says “Disable rich-text”. Click this, then paste the HTML code into the comment box.

3. After you copy the code into the comment box, click the link that now says “Enable rich-text”. You should now be able to see the pic in the comment box.

4. Click “Post” and that’s all there is to it!

NOTE: If you use Photobucket, you will have to resize your pic to a reasonable size for the forums BEFORE pasting the code into the comment box. We can’t have ginormous pics being posted all over the place.

Hope this helps!!!

But how do you do it?

———————————————————————————————–

Mr Fast Fingers

Profile photo of athanas

Doc

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Click to see larger version.

Right?

Doc

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

You are the undisputed Master (Mistress?) at using Twitpic for posting photos… can you help this lad out?

[flickr-photo:id=4730051861,size=m] • SciFiGeek2.0 • Artist for the Damned • Linebacker for the Mars Planets

It’s only 3 books but will be bolstered by Ancestor and The Starter!

BUT how do I insert the actual picture into the post?

[img_assist|nid=3960|title=ROOKIE pic|desc=|link=none|align=center|width=250|height=188]

———————————————————————————————–

Mr Fast Fingers

Profile photo of Gmork

Don’t forget, when you receive it snap a pic and email it to me (gmork@scottsigler.com) or sadock (arioch@scottsigler.com) and we’ll get you in the jersey gallery!

Profile photo of athanas

I should be ordering mine at the end of next month!

You can still get a Krakens Jersey of your own. Just start saving your pennies…

Doc

someone with *power* cuz they modified your post.

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of BigJohn

What did I do wrong?

BigJohn

not quite….

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Profile photo of BigJohn

Let’s see if I can post this correctly…

BigJohn

EDITED: to fix image link

Profile photo of John Ellsworth

Great collection. I’m actually almost finished with the book and I’m loving it. I’m jealous of your Krakens jersey. Sharp.

Profile photo of Scott Wilson

My copys of the sigler novels, on Krakens jerrsy

[flickr-photo:id=4337738772,size=m]

Thanks for posting this.

thanks for this.

Profile photo of Eric Parker

[flickr-photo:id=4331132465,size=m]

This is 2085/3000 of AWESOMENESS!

Want to know something? I actually am not a fan of football. Played soccer most of my life so it was kinda of a bias thing. This was actually the last Sigler Podcast novel I had listened to as a result. Our FDO made me a believer, and I can’t wait for “The Starter” to come out!

All hail the FDO!

Profile photo of Dave Johnson

[flickr-photo:id=4330422892,size=m]

Profile photo of Dave Johnson

[flickr-photo:id=4329692023,size=m]

Profile photo of Bob Laramee

rather than paranthesis ;-)

(flickr-photo:id=4329692023,size=m)

(flickr-photo:id=4330422892,size=m)

Profile photo of Arioch Morningstar

No worries, gotta love those wankers! 

Need tee pee for my bung hole!

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

Sorry, just had a Beevis and Butthead flashback. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

That was why I did my research project on sexual harassment when I was taking a business course as part of my fire science degree. Figured it would be good to educate myself on how the law actually works, even if most people don’t pay any attention to it. Frown

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Hey, you didn’t send them the spam and it’s not like you asked some guy if he had tried any of the "sure fire" enlargement products.

I bet it’s really hard for guys to figure out that fine line — what’s an acceptible joke and what’s going to get someone’s plaid thong in a twist and get HR involved. 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

The sad thing is that the example that sticks out most in my head was when I was working as a volunteer firefighter. I made some comment about how everyone gets spam about penis enlargement pills or something like that. Someone got all butt hurt and I got dragged into the captains office and received a lecture about sexual harassment. Really?!?

This is the same department where I learned one of the most valuable lessons of my life, which was "Don’t get butt hurt." Ah, the irony.

to not being offended in the Bill of Rights. I wonder when people started thinking that way. You have a right to say and behave how you want (within the bounds of the law) and other people have the right to criticize or avoid people that offend them.

I could start a whole tangent on the PC movement and Freedom of Speech… maybe later. Dammit, I’m out of Hot Tamales.

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs! Got my signed copy of "The Rookie"

I mean, when you grow up in that sort of environment and then get tossed out into the "real world," you do get put into some awkward situations. I’m still dumbfounded at how easily some folks get offended by words

It’s easier to refrain from certain behaviors around her than listen to the lectures. Mom & Dad came with us on the cruise — their cabin was several decks away, thank goodness. And when we were taking about going to the "adults only" R-rated comedy show, she gave me a hard time. I still went. When she asked the next morning I told her that it’s good that she didn’t go, she would’ve been offended — and that it was hilarious. 

I appauld your consisency, somewhat enviously.

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

Teenagers do tend to get pretty possessive about acting rebellious. So anytime an adult acts outside the norm it embarasses them. I refuse to stiffle my inner child, dammit. 

My mom gave up on trying to control me once I moved out of the house. Now her attitude is "Your an adult, you can make your own decisions." She might ask me to change if I tried to wear something like that for a family photo, but I wouldn’t do that.

I’ve always gotten a kick out of people asking me "How would you behave around your grandmother?" because the answer is normally "Exactly the same." My family has never pulled many punches or bought into the whole politcally correct nonsense.

But at 46, my Mother would definitely give me a lecture and probably make me change immediately — and my 15 yo would be Soooooo embarassed. (Everything a parent does embarasses a teenager, did you know that?)

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs! Got my signed copy of "The Rookie"

I also doubled my order when I found out I was a character in the book. That, combined with this being a limited edition, made me decide to buy a couple extras as an investment. 

That’s sort of like saying guns are evil. It’s all a question of context. But I can understand a Mom not wanting to explain that to her kids until a certain age.

A receptionist friend who I flirt with was pretty surprised at what it said. I totally forget it’s even there. I rarely (if ever) wear my truly offensive tee shirts anymore. 

And is that the Ancestor t-shirt? I loved that artwork, but would’ve had to bleep out the bad word. Need my clothing to be kid-friendly.

Did the books pick up some frequent flyer miles you can use? 

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

Profile photo of Renee Jordan

how many copies do you need? Or are those going to be Festivus gifts? 

**UNdead/GirlCo – We’ll eat your brains and look good doing it.**

[flickr-photo:id=4037757885,size=m]

Profile photo of Chris Wilks

Mine was personalized when I got it, so at the Dallas stop of the tour I had Scott make a few alterations

I also had Scott sign the side, it looks awesome on my book shelf!

http://www.myspace.com/circusofdeadsquirrels

I know, at the very least, there are 1,404 copies of The Rookie out there, cuz that’s the # I got.  So where are all the pics, Junkies?!?!?

Profile photo of Herne

THE ROOKIE #1426 lands in Canada.

Playin with the Big Boys, baby!

[flickr-photo:id=3924347864,size=m]

Sigler, for Strength.

[flickr-photo:id=3923794187,size=m] 

You want my bookshelves!

[flickr-photo:id=3924580068,size=m]  

————
We are the Herne. You will be assimilated.

Profile photo of Tom Merritt

The FDO finally invades Oxford, UK!!!

Picture is failing to embed to day!  Why????

Fine go here

Profile photo of nilling

[flickr-photo:id=3920273178,size=m]

Sir Tom Finney "The Splash" outside The National Football Museum, Preston, UK

KISS

Profile photo of J.P.

it was only part of our order. We should have one more box showing up soon. Dark Overlord Media sure knows how to keep a junkie in suspense!

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

Profile photo of Vaney

in my mail today;

[flickr-photo:id=3908580516,size=m]

Again, a big thank you to the Junkie who bought it :D

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess
Profile photo of nilling

My two pristine copies arrived yesterday 09/09/09 – how cool was that?

[flickr-photo:id=3906957196,size=m] [flickr-photo:id=3906953630,size=m]

KISS

Profile photo of James Keeling

Very cool… 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #4 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

Profile photo of The Hammer

[flickr-photo:id=3906471110,size=m]

[-Seth Hanisek, Fullback, Woo Wallcrawlers (#152, p171 bitches!)]

Profile photo of athanas

…you sir, have achieved that.  Well done.

P.S. Thank you for wearing pants in this shot.

Profile photo of J.P.

A glorious, luscious box of Rookie books arrived today! Thank you FDO, A Kovacs and Dark Overlord Media! I can’t post pics right now though–Shadygirl has the camera with her on her trip back to the US. Will definitely post some pics when she returns though!

MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

Profile photo of James 'Puke' Schmill

Yeah, I don’ t own any chicken scissors or I would have included some. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.freetalklive.com

Profile photo of

Lots and lots of violence (and, some tools with which to DO violence).

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

I AM just wondering where your chicken Scissors are?

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Profile photo of Vaney

have I seen a picture more attractive than this. Books, Guns ‘n Knives make a good combo. Just missing some barbwire. I pity the fool who attempts to steal those books!

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess
Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of James 'Puke' Schmill

YEARGH! My precious copy of The Rookie arrived! #505!

I’m so happy I decided to take a family portrait.

[flickr-photo:id=3889964455,size=m]

No one will ever get my Sigler books! MUAHAHAH! Woot! Created a Flickr account just for you FDO®! I also wish I had figured out how to get the signed edition. [sad]

Profile photo of Margaret Whitesides

Ever been forked?

[flickr-photo:id=3882101762,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=3882101730,size=m]

Sigler’s Note: I had to reduce the size of these pics, but that bottom one? She’s pointing to "9/3000." BOOM!!

Profile photo of Dennis Owens

Got mine yesterday. That insert is amazing, and the timeline is more than I hoped. If this is the future of independent publishing, I can’t wait for the future, even if it follows the Siglerverse timeline.

Profile photo of Gary Anderson

Thanks, you’ll have to come buy my house, they are built into the wall. Took forever because of my wife making me wait till she painted each piece before final assembly.

Gary

Profile photo of Gmork

That is freakin’ brilliant!

I don’t think your book is cursed, I think it has SUPER POWERS! Surprised

Profile photo of nilling

Cannot wait for my UK copies to arrive…

==================================
Neil laughed. "I’m a soldier, not a cop, ma’am."

Profile photo of Alvin Ao

[flickr-photo:id=3880066665,size=m]

Does this make my book cursed by the FDO? I hope someone tries to steal it…better get the video camera ready.

Oh man, I want those book shelves.

Me and my glorious new, personally autographed copy of The Rookie!

ROOKIE pics!

That’s a beautiful thing!!!!!!! 

Profile photo of Caroline Heading

I stole our copy out of our mailbox before my husband could see it. Took it to band practice (yeah, I’m a band geek teacher, so sue me) and showed it off. They all wanted to borrow it, I’m like NO FREAKIN WAY SHUCKERS. FInished it today. AWESOME STUFF!

Waiting to add a picture when I have my OWN jersey.

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

And I love how an event like this brings out all of the people that I know are out there, but maybe don’t make it to the forums as much as others.  Its great to see you guys.

Profile photo of Gary Anderson

Added your books to my bookshelves I worked the summer on I just need a few more Sigler novels so you have a shelf of your own. I still have a hundred or so books to add to the shelves but clearly you made it there before most of the rest.

[flickr-photo:id=3880059554,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=3880059412,size=m]

Profile photo of Chandra J

[flickr-photo:id=3879172349,size=m]

It will look amazing next to my MA thesis. Yep, that line just above the book is the title to my third chapter, and it’s all about Sigler and the Junkies.

Profile photo of jason smith

Thanks Scott! I Got this Bad Ass Novel the day I moved into the new house.  Major effort on your part.

I’m hoping my 9 yo daughter will learn the game through this baby!

Later,

Jay

Profile photo of Gmork

I believe this photo thread has become my new favorite! Thanks to everyone for sharing your pics and inscriptions

Profile photo of Pons Matal

[flickr-photo:id=3877582649,size=-]   [flickr-photo:id=3878368026,size=-]

Thanks FDO for the awesome inscription! I will most definitely enjoy my death! (That sound so wrong, Unless you’re a Junkie!! W00T!)

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

[flickr-photo:id=3877618873,size=m] [flickr-photo:id=3877618835,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=3763066856,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

Profile photo of Terry Illikainen

MAIL ARRIVES-08/31/09: When I saw the package came from DARK OVERLORD MEDIA,I ripped it open in seconds-

Hugged the treasure to my chest and ran through my neighborhood screaming "Go Krakens! Go!!

Hustled back to my house before the police were called and stayed up all night absorbing the novel……..

SIGLER RULES!!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

[flickr-photo:id=3875972239,size=m]

book #382. [flickr-photo:id=3876748942,size=m]

Profile photo of Bob Laramee

[flickr-photo:id=3875741471,size=m]

[flickr-photo:id=3869048787,size=m]

Profile photo of

This is the place to post your pictures of you holding your hard-earned copies of THE ROOKIE. Hook it up, Junkies! Time to celebrate the fun.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.