This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of scottsigler scottsigler 1 year, 5 months ago.

Robopocalypse Reading & Weekly Discussion

• Profile photo of scottsigler

@Gmork: Bah. This whole life and death thing … just, bah!

Profile photo of Nelson McClintock

Sorry to hear John – thoughts are with you.

Profile photo of ExotiKali

Hugs, sweetie.

Profile photo of BigJohn

You posted some truly amazing videos and pics of your big dawg, which I enjoyed seeing over the years. I’m sorry for your and Guy’s loss. You don’t need to apologize for anything, you silly girl.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

No apologies necessary. So sorry for your loss. Cry

Profile photo of Gmork

Very sorry guys. As some of you know, I ending up ahving to travel for work the first week of our discussion, only to come back to my very old Great Dane dog being very sick. Over the course of the next week, I ended up having to put down my beloved beastie (I even have a facebook page for him) and I’ve been a bit of a mess since.

I hope you all have continued reading without me … let me know where you’re at with this book and I can revise the schedule (or start planning the next read along if you all have finished).

Again, my apologies for leaving you all hanging.

Profile photo of BigJohn

She’s posted on GoodReads in the last 7 hours, so I think she’s ok. Probably just busy.

I finished Part Two, Zero Hour. I’m starting to sense a pattern of characters. :)

Have you tried texting her? Now I’m worried too. Frown

Profile photo of J.P.

I can’t get hold of her on Twitter (she hasn’t posted in 3 days) or by DM. Hope everything’s okay after her NY trip.

Profile photo of BigJohn

I’m not really sure…with Earthcore, Gmork had a bunch of thought provoking questions about what we were reading. She might not have those this time around because she is reading it for the first time. I have also pressed on to read Part two.

Profile photo of J.P.

OK, seriously, how does this work? Are we supposed to propose/post questions for discussion? I’m going to press on and read Part 2.

Profile photo of J.P.

So am I missing the questions? Where are the questions? I need to answer/discuss before the machines…

Yes, SO much better than WWZ! ;-)

Can’t wait to start Part 2!

Profile photo of BigJohn

So…Part One. Pretty cool, yeah?

Profile photo of J.P.

Me too. Delicious!

Profile photo of BigJohn

Just finished Part One!

Profile photo of J.P.

I’m starting the book this evening!

Profile photo of ExotiKali

Yeah, I’ve already read it , too. Excellent book. Okay, SPOILERS!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!! MR COFFEE IS ONLY PRETENDING TO HELP THE HUMANS BUT HE REALLY HATES THEM FOR HIS LIFE OF SERVITUDE!!

Ooh!! I’ve already read Robopocalypse but I think I might join in anyway and reread it with you guys!

Profile photo of BigJohn

Booyah! Bring on the machines!

Profile photo of J.P.

Hey, I could sense the raw excitement driving the schedule! Just downloaded the book and can’t wait to jump in! BTW, If the Great Gmork said we’re discussing the book later tonight, we’d all be there. ;-)

Profile photo of Gmork

Sorry about that. Adjusted the schedule so that we do our first discussion next week. Thanks for pointing that out.

Profile photo of J.P.

I missed the last one. Do the discussions happen via video on the web? And we’re supposed to have the first 8 chapters read for a discussion tomorrow?

Profile photo of Gmork
    Alrighty! Since the Earthcore read-along and discussion had some interest, we’re doing another one. This time, the book will be ROBOPOCALYPSE by Daniel H. Wilson.

As you may remember from an old episode of Friday Fix, Scott did an interview with Daniel H. Wilson at ComiCon and also contributed a story to an anthology Daniel was editing.

Here’s the schedule of chapters locations to read through and what day we’ll discuss it on. The page count is about 30 to 40 pages per week.

Each Tuesday I’ll post a bunch of questions regarding the chapters we read, just to get the discussion started, but really all discussions about the book are fair game.
    And off we go!

Discussion Day
    Part One Chapter 1 – 8 7-May
    Part Two Chapter 1 – 8 14-May
    Part Three Chapter 1 – 7 21-May
    Part Four Chapter 1 – 6 28-May
    Part Five Chapter 1 – 5 4-Jun

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.