This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of NeilColquhoun NeilColquhoun 4 years, 6 months ago.

Ringtones

Was just wondering if we can make ringtones off of the storytelling done by Mr. Sigler?

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

That would be pretty awesome. If Scott gave his permission and someone could figure out a way to do it, I’d be down for having a Sigler ringtone. xD

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie." {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

That converts sections of MP3S or Wav files to ringtones for the Iphone if I can remember how to use it.

If Mr Sig approves it’s got to be the fowl language and violence disclaimer for my text alert.

TURN IT OFF NOW POOOSAAAAAY!

or anything by Mr Biznass 

Check out the official Infected website that Crown Publishing put together for the book launch.

Once you’re past the intro, click on "downloads" and there will be a bunch of ringtones.  Enjoy!

there are a bunch of sites you can make your own for free from mp3 files.  one for example is phonezoo.  you upload the file you want and they give you the tools to modify the track down to a 30 second clip.  my parents were able to figure out the mechanics so it isn’t hard.  you could use any mp3 file, and avoid paying overpriced ringtones from your carrier…or make the awesomest one from a sigler clip if he gives the okay.

But I still got charged for using it, so now I’m wary of any place with free downloads, because "charges may still apply" seems to be always apply for me. :

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie." {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

How did I miss those before? They’re genius!

you’re just doing it for yourself and not making any $$$ off it.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

with the FDO’s blessing of course!

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

I don’t dare put a Sigler ring tone on it. If the damn phone went off and someone was walking by… (Wait a minute, this might be fun.)

MC; CA; UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

I wanna hear the results of that one! (And now I’m doing my own planning… Mwahahahaha!)

I believe in you!

“You will. Yooouuuu wiiiiillllll.” (As soon as I can get it done.)

MC; CA; UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

of Grizzt.  Go to http://wap.funformobile.com/ on your cell phone and type in the download code: 9698309.

It told me i tried to load an unsupported file type. :

It allows you to save sections of MP3 or most other audio files and then trim them down at either end.  It turned out a lot more accurate than the other software I was using which only allowed trim to the nearest second.  I know have the ringtone I was after and an awesome one about Fayed being a swine eater!

I don’t want to start posting links on here to tout other company’s shit but if anyone wants to PM me I would be happy to let them know where I downloaded it …  it lets you save them as Iphone MP3 or Wav files.

I am now gonna spend the night trawling through all my Podcasts for the best ringtone I can make! I think the swine eater is gonna be hard to beat though that whole conversation has me in stitches every time ! 

Totally cool. I’ve also used Myxer to create my own ringtones and it really is free.

It says it doesn’t support my carrier … boooo

That’s strange.  It’s an mp3 file.

That totally worked. Now I can creep everybody out with a FEED US WE HUNGRY ringtone!

M. Night Shot-his-wad

It’s probably just my phone/service, though. It’s kinda sucky. : Thanks for trying though. ^^

Swine eater. That part is so hilarious. Cracks me up every time, too. Also – I’m jealous. That one and the disclaimer are both ones that I was thinking of. xD Great minds think alike, eh?

where is that conversation at i wanna listen to it!

Around 19:30 – 20:35 of chapter 20. According to the remastered version on my iTunes, anyway. :)

I’ve never been into the custom ringtone thing, mostly because I kind of abhor cellphones as a general rule. I carry a disposable prepaid around in my backpack for emergencies and such, but it is rare for me to actually use it/receive calls. I generally use less than 250 minutes/year.

My voice mail is totally atypical. Pretty much says: "I don’t use this phone. Unless you’re positve that I’m away from home, don’t bother leaving a message. Call ZZZ-XXX-YYYY instead"

You can create a 30sec ringtone for iPhone using iTunes…

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/blog/2009/01/free-iphone-ringtones/

I have Sprint.  I just had a friend with AT&T try it and it didn’t work for him either.  Not sure why though.  It’s just a plain ‘ole mp3 ringtone.  Oh well…. back to the drawing board!

I have Verizon, so… That makes sense (even if it doesn’t make sense why it would do that). Twas a good try, though. :)

Triangle voice "Who’s there? Who’s there? Is it Columbo?"

now I have to change one of my contacts names to columbo for when it ringrings.

Also have "that ain’t no fucking cow!" 

He thinks he can see into Fayed’s brain and he’s thinking about a ham sandwich with mustard. Love it  love it love it!

Of your good taste and awesome ringtones. xD

pending on the phone mp3 may not be compatible.  smart phones for example should be able to take it, but a typical verizon phone might need a midi file or something.  on verizon though, if someone sent it via text as a sound file you can save that sound file to a ringtone…i don’t believe format matters in that case.

or, worst case., check out a site like phonezoo (mentioned above) and upload the mp3.  when you build your profile you specify the phone so they know how to encode and send to your phone, specifically for your phone.

hope that helps.

tried 999-999-9999, and that totally wasn’t you.

where did you get that from?

the episode titled flight of the C5 …. can’t remember the exact time slot but it’s when Overguard tries to euthanise the cow in flight and the creepy little bastard bursts out and snacks on Cappy’s arm

thanks for the info.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.