This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 5 months ago.

Rex. Hapless tool? or Strategic Genius?

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed

but he is still directing rex’s direction, rex is not being told what to do or think, it is just sly’s constant whisperings are directing which actions rex desides to go in or which action is best for the nocturnals. subtle and of course, sly.
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Richard Damge

what u laughin at spam?

Profile photo of Richard Damge

go fuck yourself gimp

Profile photo of Vaney

To me, Sly seems to be pulling all the strings and Rex is the puppet. But, there is the chance the puppet wil retaliate should he be betrayed.

Profile photo of josh tyge swambo

he has seen way too many gangster films.  he knows about betrayal 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence to a lemming?

they’re only going to walk off a cliff.

Profile photo of James Keeling

I think he’s too selfish to be able to plan the stuff that Rex appears to be putting together.  

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (ain’t I special)

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

he is subtle and , well, sly….
    he directs Rex’s thinking and pushes and prods Rex in directions to make the Prophecy become true. He let’s Rex make descisions, but the ones sly want’s. he makes sure rex sees what he (sly) wants him to see and think in directions he (sly) wishes. Sly is aptly named. Rex may be the KING, but Sly is the BOSS.
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Personally, I think it’ll be sly… 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (ain’t I special)

Profile photo of ogreoregon

Rex is smart enough, and he does have his followers who would do anything  he says, but I think Rex will be blindsided.. by Sly  and/or another faction, as they fight for ultimate rule..and because Rex is so hell bent on his personal revenge and drunk on his newly discovered Power, he is just a tool to be used by others to get what they want.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Profile photo of Donald Martin

One thing I do know, mumo.. errr I mean Tard is not pulling the strings

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

But is he really capable of the stategic moves that have been made thus far?  Yeah, Sly is smart enough to be dangerous, but could he have really put together the whole plan for the cops, russions, and mob?  I think that if he did, Rex would have done a lot more "he looked at Sly before he spoke, almost as if seeing approval"…  stuff like that.  We haven’t seen that.  He’s been calm, confident, and in control…  So if he?  Really?

Profile photo of Donald Martin

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

So, now we’ve seen Rex grow into his role as King. It seems to me like he’s getting awfully busy… He’s got Nocturnals going every which way. Whacking retired cops with dirty diapers, visiting people, planning this and that…

But then…

He sometimes acts like a petulant child waiting for Sly to stroke his ego…

Is Sly doing all the planning and talking Rex into everything? Personally, I don’t think so…

What does everyone else think? Let’s examine the character and delve deeply into his psyche, or psyhosis, or whatever.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.