This topic contains 31 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Paul Rogalinski Paul Rogalinski 6 years, 7 months ago.

Repeated Post Notifications….

it says 1 week and 5 days over here. just checked.

Cheers!

Paul.

I’m at the main forums page… this is what it says for Infected

FanFiction targetted in the Infection/Infected character-set
    1 27 1 week 5 days ago
    by SynapticJam

I know the most recent post wasn’t over a week ago…

Could you have something to do with the notification issue?  It loses track of what has been sent due to timing issues?

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

pipe down mr.wizard, you poke at what you don’t understand, or is it…..fear? YES! You fear the mumo, as well you should. For one day the mumo may leave the wallerdad at your home and your pets, oh my, your pets, well they’ll just never be the same when he’s done with them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvXZVJXIyqM

-i use iTunes and my iPod and have no problems, no extra feeds, no repeated feeds so i haven’t waded into this worrisome barnyard bombfield of whining. and people come with different abilities, we must be tolerant of the less able (as we are with mumo00 and wallerdad, more mumo00 than wallerdad) so not all of us who use the supeior machine (apple) are mindless and look on it as magic (although i use my iTunes and iPod through my dell laptop) i understand the workings of my pc much better than the workings of my mac BECAUSE ym mac has NEVER given me any problems, software or hardware like my pc has (at home and at work) i can trouble shoot most of my pc problems by myself because it is more than the first, second, third or twelve thousandth time it has failed me. my mac……i accidently trashed the wrong file. once. got start up disk to start from, got file out of trash and no more problem. sorry to go on like this, but i get tired of being hassled cause i prefer apple to pc. ramble and rant over, please continue with regularly scheduled programming
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Sounds like he might need to call Mumo00. Don’t he deal with those critters? 

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

I think you’ve got an ethernet problem.  Most likely, a token fell off the ring and rolled under the desk.  Take a byte outa stoopidity, don’t let them procreate! 

good one :) I’ll keep this in mind when fixing the next issue with this site :)

Cheers!

Paul.

if ya thank ya got stuff stuck in that thare puter thangie, try pickin it up and shakin it fer a spell. But doncha go stickin no fork in it, now. Tried that with my toaster once and got the livin poop bit out of me.

"Just shut the fuck up and do yer job, asshole!"

….oh. nevermind.. I’m divorced now 

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

This ain’t whining about whining, it’s just plain ol’ bitching…   

Whining. Definitely whining. [I think, therefore I'm right. -Hugo Rune]

not sure what’s worse. Whining, or whining about whining.

Ignorance is no excuse. No excuse, I tell you![I think, therefore I'm right. -Hugo Rune]

Quite a few of the junkies don’t have the tech ability God gave the common chair…  They have no concept of what the download folder is or how to clean anything out…  Most are "zombified" by apple.  "Gee, I plug in my iPod, click the button and all works!  It’s magic!"  These are people who still use AOHell…. 

Man, there are some whiny bitches on this forum. If it starts to download stuff you already have, STOP it, delete the extra entries it is trying to download, and you never are bothered again. Jeeze, people… show some fucking adaptability! [I think, therefore I'm right. -Hugo Rune]

….can manage an  RSS feed better than this.

How could a future dark overlord ™ be such a brilliant author and fucktechtard all at the same time.

Thanks for thee 88 entries this morning Scott :-0 

-Beer 

Take it, Junkie. That’s some good shit, even the second time!

We had to Change how the RSS Feeds work, so many podcatchers could recognize the episodes as new postings. Unfortunately nothing we can do about it, it had to be done.

Technical background on this: We use feedburner to let you guys subscribe using your podcatcher. Feedburner on the other side needs a "data input", which is also a RSS feed. This feed is being processed by Feedburner so that Podcatchers will get a valid XML with fancy enclosure / itune tags. Ok, here is the catch: not so long ago we have been using podshow.scottsigler.com’s rss feed as the data source for feedburner. Since this site is kinda outdated, Scott decided to let the podshow page point to this Site (not yet completed). Therefore the datasource would have been gone or completly messed up. 

The next step was to provide a valid feed produced by this site to feedburner. This feed had also to include as many podcast episodes as possible, so people who are new to Scott’s work could catch up on older episodes (back to Rookie #1).

Now, depending how your podcatcher behaves, there was the risk of some of them running crazy and re-donwloading everything once more. That we just had to accept.

Some more datails: http://www.scottsigler.com/node/1074

Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers!

Paul. 

Man, you’ve fucked up your RSS feed big time.  Every episode of every book is now downloading again.

Thanks, oh evil overlord.  Can’t you get a minion to sort this kind of shit out for you?

-could be pulsar didn’t remove all those powers i had gotten by mistake – j/k
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

With semi-extreme prejudice…  I’ll forward any more that I get…  They might have been stuck… 

please forward me some of these e-mails. I’ll check if those got stuck in our mailserver. junk@t00ltime.de

Understand the concept and application of the subscribes… but I’m getting emails about posts that were made weeks ago…  Not updated posts, or anything like that.  Stuff out of left field…  Forums that haven’t been touched.  Really odd… 

There are possible explanations for this Issue. First of all, if you did not change your account settings, you will subscribe automatically to every thread or blog entry you post a reply to. From now on, you will receive notification E-Mails whenever someone adds a reply to that particular node.

There is also an Issue with editing own posts. Each change to a reply, even if it is about fixing a minor typo, will send yet another E-Mail. You can control your subscriptions and your default subscription behaviour in your account settings. Head over to "My Account" and switch over to the "Subscriptions" tab. Here you can uncheck the threads you have already subscribed to. If you want to have your subscriptions reset all at once, drop me an E-Mail. It might be easier than unchecking each subscription one by one.

If you want not to recieve automated notification E-Mails by default, switch to the “Edit” tab and uncheck the subscription options at the bottom:

[img_assist|nid=674|title=subscription settings|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=269]

Cheers!

Paul.

Hopefully Pulsar will be able to fix it for you.

but it still doesn’t stop the duplicates

I’m only getting about 100+ of these damn messages every day now!  Why not fill up my inbox with useless shit! 

That’s just The Sigler Fuckin with you, I thought you’d be used to it by now

I appear to be getting repeats of notifications for forum posts from all sorts of forums…  Even fairly old posts (a week or more).  Multiple times…  Any ideas why this is happening?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.