This topic contains 52 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Shirley Bruce Shirley Bruce 5 years, 3 months ago.

Re-Release?

I heard from someone that Earthcore and Ancestor are going to be reprinted. Is this a complete farce, or has anybody else heard news like this?

If I remember right the FDO himself said re-writes were in the works.

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

that he said they would be rereleased under crowns name if he could. He also said they would be re-wrote? and be released in 2012-ish.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

G-Man is on the prowl

[brood en brood met brood ertussen] – My Mothers famous answer to whats for dinner!

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

but you may be right in this instance…

– hit Podiobooks.com for undiluted crack by our FDO! –

purchased the rights from Dragon Moon Press but I do not recall him mentioning anything about a re-write or a release date. Totally possible that that he did and I spaced it; I picked the originals up way back when, so I wouldn’t have been paying too much attention, particularly if it was a 2012 release. 

That’s some incredibly bad grammar, gman! Have you been hanging around n8man???

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Scott told me several months ago that one of them would be coming out in 2009 but that date may have changed.  I do have extra copies of Ancestor that I could be induced to part with for the right number of crack hits.  I might also have an extra copy of Earthcore as well. 

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

Investing in the Dark Overlord’s future success. You go girl!!!

I see copies going on ebay and Amazon for $100.  They are a little cheaper at the moment but fluctuate over time.  I don’t think I could sell one for that price (seems a little dishonest) but I do want to have a collection of all his work!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -Scott Sigler

Books or not, you get 430 crack hits–you’re officially a “Page 1″ girl now! (I have a big enough crack to share… so to speak.)

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Foresight. And malice…

Supply and demand. Basic economics. That’s the whole point of investing in collectible items; You make a profit on them later. 

Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Well, I’m a lady so I never talk about my encounters but I had an offer I couldn’t refuse!!!!!!!!!  Let’s just say, it was a once in a lifetime offer that would make everyone jealouse if they knew the details!!!!!!  I’m set for life!!!!!! 

for less than $100.  Not being able to get them in the first place still makes me mad.
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But it’s one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

that you could have picked them up easily since you’re an OJ. I remember waffling for a long time on buying the treeware editions since I had already "bought" the audio editions through podiobooks. I had an email exchange with Scott which I’m sure he’s long forgotten, but decided to go ahead and toss down the $10-15 for each just ’cause.

Given the current market, I’m glad I did, but I still enjoy listening to the stories more than reading them. The FDO’s narration adds such richness to the characters he creates. Then again, I’ve never been patient enough to wait for a novel to come out in print before it’s podcast. And I probably won’t. Must have crack now dammit!

cricket.

Why do you think it was me? Do you think Much Ado is so easily persuaded? A mere 430 crack hits will push her over the edge of ecstasy and somehow compel her to send me a few books? Wow, you better apologize to the nice lady, n8! (Or maybe it was me… but the offer is not up for discussion. And don’t ask Shadygirl either, you perve.)

Hey, did you hear, Mumo is dead. So sad. (Notice my ultimate skill in changing the subject…)

•  (I have a big enough crack to share… so to speak.)
    • Just Dew it!

For questions about what books you want to come out next, don’t be shy about emailing Crown. Just tell them you’re ready to buy the books when they come out. This address should work:

crownpublicity@randomhouse.com

I thinks its time for a Junkie Email campaign!

It’s called Earthore in German. No joke! It’s on the website!

There. I have set the CH-$ exchange rate. A ch is worth 4 cents
    Nate Dogg… The only signature I need is my fist.

501 hits each! 

• Just Dew it!

Crack hits cannot have cash value. That would demean the entire system, wouldn’t it? Can you imagine the type of nonsense people would start posting if they thought each post was worth $$$$ ?!?!?

the complete nonsense some people post here on an hourly basis?

and raise you a solid 0.5 CHs… So there! (PS: I’ve already given more than this to my favorite biologist… you amateurs need to peddle a lot faster…MUCH FASTER.)

and I’ll let KoKo lick yer nose!! 

Just Dew it!

Yucky.

let’s send a ton of emails. maybe they’ll invent a new name for it. Junk-e-mail. (<–Pun intended)

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

is so cute I could easily be persuaded to give up some of my prized stuff! 

:)

to a signing at which Scott will sign his new book "Contagious" for me. The last contagious book signing I had heard about required shots afterwards. :p

rerelease them, let them go 

Just Dew it!

Eart is a small town in Germany that has it’s own red-light district. 

Just Dew it!

Could somebody here come up with a form letter of sorts? A mass inundation from 4000 (or so) Crackheads should get somebodies attention. 

Just Dew it!

That would be nice.

Maybe if there were someone here who was edgamacated, like maybe, oh, I don’t know,… a teacher or sumpin, maybe they could come up with like maybe we could all copy and maybe send to someone else like maybe Crown or something and maybe they would get the message. Maybe.

Just Dew it!

I suspect monetizing crack hits would make the problem get much worse though, don’t you?

as to how or why you suggest that everyone "hit" podiobooks.  What has podiobooks ever done to you??????  Nice podiobooks.com.  I won’t let him hit you anymore.  Or let him train you to fight.  Or………..

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

ive established with scott that i would give him my left nut (which is blinged out) for a signed original hardback copy of Ancestor 

gothguy720.deviantart.com

Hey guys so i stumbled upon INFECTED by accident…picked it up for the fuck of it and was blown away by it…blasted through it in one night…picked up contagious the next day…same fucking thing.

I’m not really a fan of audio books and I’m dieing to read ANCESTOR/EARTHCORE…any real word on if/when they’ll be back in print cuz I can’t fuckin find em anywhere…

Both books are still available used on amazon as far as I know.

Some of the copies cost as little as $30

I was only thinking about this last night…

Contagious arrived at last so I was thinking about hardbacks of Ancestor and Earthcore.I’m gonna go write Crown a nice letter this evening :) 

My guess is that Earthcore and Ancestor won’t be printed again until 2010-2011 unless we all write letter to Crown strongly suggesting that they re-release the books.  However, as stated above, you can buy copies on Amazon for around $30.  I would highly suggest that you do that for several reasons

1) the $30 price is one of the lowest I’ve seen in a while,

2) the ones on Amazon will be the true first printing and thus the books will be more collectible.

3) you’ll love the books!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.