This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Ricky Craig Ricky Craig 3 years, 1 month ago.

Quyth warrior running backs?

If quyth warriors can roll up into a ball why aren’t they used at running back? They would never fumble and they could smash through people with ease.

Krakens kick major ass!

…can they only roll in one direction at a time? That would definitely limit their utility as a runner that reacts to shifting opportunities.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

They don’t seem to be able to take hits really well. There’s a part where Quentin was surprised that Halawa actually blocked for him because the Quyth receivers weren’t known for their blocking…particularly because they could sustain injuries from blocking.

Seeing as how a running back takes some punishing blows, I would think the same concept as blocking applies.

I think Halawa is a Sklorno (named after a city in Hawaii) not a Quyth. But I don’t understand the lack of Quyth running backs, they seem to have the speed and agility to play the position.

Their pedipalp hands aren’t strong enough to put up with the big hits, and their middle-arm hands aren’t dexterous enough. Add in hard-shell skin, and they really can’t hold on to the rock.

Kopor the Climber is a fullback for the Krakens. He has unusually strong hands and can carry the ball, mostly without fumbling. Since he can’t catch for crap, though, he isn’t used that much and gets at most 1-2 carries a game (backup fullbacks don’t see the ball that often).

Wink

And I always wondered whether Halawa’s name was Hawaiian… mostly because if it is it’s pronounced wrong. Placed where it is, the W should be pronounced as a V.

When tucked into a ball though the rock would be safe inside would it not

Krakens kick major ass!

I haven’t explained this very well in the books. They aren’t tucked in tight, but rather have their arms extended, so the flat of their forearm is the surface area for rolling. Check out this video for my inspiration.

Thanx … I was expecting a cute little cartoon you may have created for us … NOT A FREAKING NINJA SPIDER! Grrreat he’ll be right at home in my nightmares with the giant orange toe biting spider from Ancestor. OMG that was awful!!! I need more Raid …. ick ick ick x

I thought they were tucked inside their shells

Krakens kick major ass!

Well I certainly see the concept a lot better in my brain now but omg! That spider is going to haunt me later when I go to bed I know it. Spiders=the only thing that really freaks me out.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

I am not a fan of spiders. Other than their prowess at munching insects, I am not a fan.

That thing moves fast!

I forgot about the orange toe biting spider…I think its time to do some laundry and search for hidden creepy crawlie things. shiver.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

They do actually have a very cool way of feasting on those insects, but its just so creepy. I am a much bigger fan of snakes, very creepy and excellent hunters.

I don’t really feel like doing laundry now. I think that maybe the roommate needs another summertime chore …. ;o) … great … I’m creeped out … Off with the flip flops & on with the socks & gym shoes … omg I am such a fraidy kat! :o(

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Pesky parasitic pompilid wasp! The music at 1:27 was hilarious as he tumbled down the sand dune. I wonder if he gets a little dizzy afterwards. I to also thought Quyth Warriors could be good running backs. I figured they rolled up similar to a Armadillidium, a woodlouse, also commonly known as pill woodlice, pill bugs or roly-poly but now I know they don’t……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.