This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 5 years, 11 months ago.

Quality issues with Infected CDs?

When I was listening in my car, I didn’t notice the skips. I don’t know if that’s because of road noise vs. studio silence or if my car stereo has better oversampling capability than my iMac.

* Podiobooks.com , the future of digitally distributed novels! *

Discs 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 all have skips. And they are all in the tracks near or at the end of the discs, typically restricted to the last five. If I remember correctly, CDs are encoded from the inside outward, so that’s why my hypothesis is that it is the packaging. Putting them in cardboard sleeves like that is just begging for scratches.

128kBPS, Apple lossless, etc.

Avatar of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

i used iTunes to upload them and copy the files, and that usually fixes skipping problems from the CDs.

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I bought the CDs but was keeping them as a collectable.  Did you notice it on a specific CD or all of them. I can listen to mine and see if I hear the same thing.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

but I only listened to it one time and it was when it was new.

And hadnt noticed any quality issues with it. Must be something with the recording of the CD version or like you said could be specific to your CD’s.

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

Has anyone else run into quality issues with the Infected CDs? The set I got tends to import lots of skipping/scratches, especially towards the end of each disc. I’m guessing this is due to the crap packaging Random House chose to use to save a buck, but I’m not sure. It could just be an aberrant set.

PLEASE post if you’ve had any issues with the studio CDs for Infected. If this is not an isolated incident, it’s possible Scott can get the wankers to change the packaging of future CD sets.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.