This topic contains 30 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Kate Cheevers Kate Cheevers 3 years, 9 months ago.

Pre-ordered Ancestor Hardcover.

I pre-ordered the Ancestor HC from Amazon today. So what’s going to be different about this edition? Anything? Regardless, I just wanted to have a complete FDO® collection.

went back and rewrote the book. editing, little change of story and character names. More Junkies will appear in this rewrite than ever before. It was amazing how many KISS, MC & HM  went on the end of Junkies names as this book was rewritten. _______________________________________________

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

• It shows some of the extra stuff in the new book 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.  The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me!  UNdead Knight!  King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)!  Pusher once, and now approaching Pusher twice.

not about Ancestor

I can’t tell you everything, but here are the basics:

1) It is a tighter story. Some of the questionable plot holes are gone, the governmental involvement is much tighter.

2) Updated science: I had two, count ‘em, two Ph.D.s consulting on the science, along with an MD rocking the house on how to cut up a cow. Serious. These boys are bad-asses. Not only can they rock the science, they are all trained Ninjas and can kill you before they know you’re there.

3) Bitchin’ epilogue: Holy shit does the epilogue rock. Seriously. I know I just said "seriously" above in regards to Killer Ninja Scientists? But this? Seriously

4) Significant plot shifts: Some moving about of the characters, I can’t say more.

5) Better monster scenes: They just are.

6) I am flat-out a better writer, and Tha Shiv is a kick-ass editor: There is no question, folks, I am much better at my game than I was in early 2007. Plus, my editor at Crown (aka, "Tha Shiv") is awesome to work with. He really gets what I’m trying to do. He does try to dial me back too much on the intensity and over-the-top factor, but we meet in the middle and it makes for a better product for you.

7) This is worth your money. Junkies, I wouldn’t not steer you wrong. I’ve been banging away on this manuscript for six months, it’s gone through four full edits and that is after the re-write I did for the paperback. This is worth your $24.95, you won’t be disappointed. 

Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney

The Irishman from Ohio

• I was up working around midnight, then again from 4:15am thru 5:30am, then again a  few hours later. 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.  The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me!  UNdead Knight!  King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)!  Pusher once, and now approaching Pusher twice.

get some sleep brother.

I can most definitely understand when it comes to lack of sleep. Get rested up!

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]

to sadock. that is so funny. well I AM off to bed. have a good week Gentlemen.

same wavelength tonight!  :)

KISS’d by Sigler. Pusher twice over. UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

and am waiting for the Rookie right now.

• I mihgt have 8 hours spread across the past two night combined.  Fortunately one of the two places I am on call for ended my time in-the-box this morning, not up again for weeks. 

Please??

Undead Champion, HM and Pusher …. Start Cracking with Crack!

No power in the Verse can stop me.

This will be the third time I’ve read/listened to the story then.  Can’t wait.

http://www.freetalklive.com

Hello from Amazon.com.

We’re writing about the order you placed on September 05 2009 (Order# ***-*******-*******). Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Scott Sigler “Ancestor: A Novel”
    Estimated arrival date: June 25 2010 – June 29 2010

WHAT THE FRAK?!?!?!?

Pusher & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

We’ve got a short news ‘cast updating y’all coming later today. But, mostly it’s a good thing. A & I are working to bring you more Sigler goodness more often. Sometimes there are casualties … but it’s all good in the end.

Hang tight … news is coming.

I got the same e-mail but I know Scott will get it out as soon as he can.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

am I correct in thinking that you’d prefer pre-orders from amazon etc UNLESS the FDO is coming to town for a signing in which case it would be preferred to purchase at the signing bookstore? Any idea when the signing tour schedule will be set?

awaiting moist blessings

D

Its what I do. Purchase copies from Amazon and then at the tour stops also. Most of the bookstores report the book sales. :D

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m] KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the “Iron Man” Award. Pusher twice over.

UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler.

Cause we need more than 1 copy! (One to save and cherish, hopefully with the FDO’s siggie and one to send into the world to spread the stank)

Thanks FDO! I got that notice too. More Sigler goodness is always a good thing!

then you can share the second, third or even sixth copy with a friend.

way cool

But I am hoping for a tour stop so I can get another and get both signed by the FDO. And my copy of “The Starter” (April 1 is coming soon!!!)

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616]

Listened to the podcast version when it originally came out. Interested in seeing the differences.

=====

Dr. Darin

(an O.J. who was too lazy to sign up in time)

“Chicken scissors are not approved by the American Medical Association as a surgical tool.”

drdarindavis.com

is my birthday is in a few weeks and I’m using it as present fodder. If, however, I go to bed on the 18th and haven’t been told it’s on its way, first thing I’m doing the morning of the 19th is scoring my copy.

Cant wait to read this one!!

Festina Lente (Make Haste Slowly)

Jayguana

I preordered as soon as I heard I could! I listened the first time around and LOVED it. I’m so excited to see the changes!

Faith – that which enables us to believe things we know to be untrue (Bram Stoker’s Dracula)

Amazon has the pre-order up for the trade paperback release of ANCESTOR (out June 7, 2011).

Here’s the cover art:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414TEGmWOYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

and here is the pre-order link from amazon if anyone is interested: http://www.amazon.com/Ancestor-Novel-Scott-Sigler/dp/0307591018/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289537836&sr=1-1

Ordered!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.