This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of sadock sadock 5 years, 12 months ago.

Potentially stupid ass question: Does buying the Infected hardcover still help out?

• Profile photo of sadock

"They say it’s better the second time; they say you get to do the weird stuff."  -Captain Hammer

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

MDNN

Profile photo of Herne

Personal opinion: I don’t buy hardcover books as a rule because they waste more resources than softcover books. It takes more paper and machine time to make a hardcover book. They can make approximately 2.5 to 3 mass market paperbacks for the same amount of resources it takes to make a hardcover book.

There are rare occasions when I DO buy hardcover books but these are generally reserved for special publications that aren’t available in other formats, or books that I know I will want to keep for a long, long time.

I did buy INFECTED as a trade paperback, though…

————
    We are the Herne. You will be assimilated.

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

Wow, what a comment.

G-Man

Are that you singing???

Profile photo of Jason Farris

The more copies move, the more likely a bookstore is to keep the novel on the shelf.  That keeps Sigler’s name visible, and that’s always a good thing.  Of course, he gets a cut of the money which keeps him in razor blades and sugar, but the exact details are between him and his publisher.

If you REALLY want to help out the cause, buy him both books :)

Profile photo of sadock

but that’s only a guess…. We’d have to ask the Evil Queen for verification.

"They say it’s better the second time; they say you get to do the weird stuff."  -Captain Hammer

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

wondering if you like actors with each reairing of a show. if you as the author get a differential for 

Hardcover Vs. Soft bound books? 

Profile photo of

You order whatever you like. Either way, it does help a little, so get whatever you like.

Profile photo of sadock

I’m considering buying a third copy of Contagious for my brother to read, but he wouldn’t really know what was what so I’m curious how much buying him a copy of Infected would help out at this point.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.