This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 10 months ago.

Possible revilations of the Punnett Square

• Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

I really needed the good laugh.

thanks

Profile photo of CPK IrishmanFromOhio

because of this topic I picked up Geneteics For Dummies.

The Irishman from Ohio

Profile photo of Melisa Dyer

Its completely awesome that you were able to figure this all out and deliniate the lines out, but did you take mutation into consideration.  It is rare but, as the FDO said, Mommy gets it on A LOT!  So there is a chance that there will be genetic purmutations that mutate outside the punnett square. 

It aint nothin but a thang M

Profile photo of Matt Kriz

does this mean Savior had a twig but no berries? or was that like Marco’s monstrous transformation…

I’m going to hell because i need a vacation

Profile photo of James Keeling

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #2 in crack hits (ain’t I special)

Profile photo of

They analyzed the blood on his brown shirt and found he was ZY, same as Marco Gastineau. Thus far, we have not seen any nocturnals age at a normal pace. It’s a rather violent lifestyle. There’s a bit more going on in that culture than I’ve shown thus far. Let’s just say that it’s rare for a Nocturnal to die of old age.

Profile photo of josh tyge swambo

me 2, but floyd r better 

what’s wrong with a bit of senseless violence to a lemming?

they’re only going to walk off a cliff.

Profile photo of Kelly Yeager

Hold on I thought Savior was a normal zed not a king… and I also wonder why some of the nocturnals age slow and some do not… must be a zed thing.

Profile photo of

Keep in mind that nondisjuncture in normal male sperm does occur. It is rare, but it happens. When you mate as often as the Queen does, sooner or later you’re going to get one of those …

Excellent analysis, though.

Only thing you missed was the assumption that every combination produces a viable embryo. With the Zed, there is a lot of crap information and it’s statistically rare for Mommy to produce anything that works. Might be part of why she mates so much. 

Profile photo of Donald Martin

Thank you nice lady, I needed a good laugh

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Profile photo of ogreoregon

But wouldn’t the King come from..ZZX + ZZY, or XY + ZZY,ZZX,YZZ,= ZZX,ZXY,ZZYZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz…snore…. um, never mind.
    I think ZZ TOP Rocks.
    I don’t know what you said, but  I am sure you and FDO do. No offenseTongue out. I trust your Non-disjuction.
    *I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

Profile photo of Jeremy Teeter

First off kudos to Scott for taking the time to put together this quality genetic information on the Nocturnals. Second I just want to say I wish scott the best, I know he’s going throgh a hard time right now.

Now down to business. Scott gave us some really interesting information along with episode 29. Overall I think it’s very well done, but there are a couple of things that don’t add up in it based on the story so far. So please follow along and see if what I’m saying makes sence.

First scott told us what the different combinations are like.

ZX and ZY = Zed

Z0 = Asexual reproduction

ZZX = Queen (Mommy)

ZXY = King (Rex, and we know now Brain and Savior)

ZZY = Abomination

ZXX = Unknown

Scott stated that a normal human male who is XY can mate with mommy. This mating can be diagramed like so

Z Z X

X ZX ZX XX

Y ZY ZY XY

Z0 Z0 -

So two thirds of fertilised eggs from mommy delevop into Zed types One third become normal humans (Not kings so we don’t know what happens to them.) And unferitlised eggs with the Zed chromesome start to develope but it is unknown what happens to them.

What I find odd here is that there is no possible combination that could yeld a king, except for non-disjunction in the male sperm. Now, the non-disjunction theory is fine if kings were something exceedingly rare, but we know that kings are produced somewhat regularly (First born kills them and Hilary hides them) In addition, the abomination type can only be produced if a mating occured between two creatures with the Zed chromosome, and since we’ve seen this happen in the story, I must conclude mommy also mates with nocturnals too. However, Scott has hinted that regular Zeds are un able to mate and reproduce.

Scott was kind enough to give us the first step when he did a punnett square of what would happen if a queen mated with a king.

Z Z X

ZX ZZX ZZX ZXX

ZY ZZY ZZY ZXY

XY ZXY ZXY XXY

With this combination two out of nine offspring would be queens, three out of nine would be kings, two out of nine would be abominations (Like the dog thing) one would be the unknown type and one would be a human with Klinefelter’s syndrom.

This combination explains both the frequence of kings and the formation of abominations. We know that Brain and Rex were kings and they needed a king father. We also know that a king was just born (The baby Aggie rescued) The only question then is this.

Who is or was the king of the nocturnals before Rex?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.