This topic contains 13 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Scott Wilson Scott Wilson 4 years, 11 months ago.

Possible new junkie needs help!

If i have rembered right sigler said in one of this podcast that all the books will be ordered as they are published, as in by crown, not podcasted. So the 1st book in the sigler universe would be infected then contagious followed by ancestor. From there on we have no idea whats really comes next. The other thing is all his novels are set in one universe including the rookie and the Crypt, only they are like 700 yrs in the future.

Fairly sure that if there’s a flaw here, it’s in me. As I said, I have no idea why the term bugs me. I appaud your candor.

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

but I usually read multiple works from an author before I call myself a fan (or in this case, junkie).  Rest assured, though, that Mr. Sigler will have a new follower if Nocturnal is anywhere near as good as Earthcore is.

Never understood those folks who go in one step at a time. Get on the diving board and launch yourself for all your worth!

GirlCo: Quieter than ninja, faster than Sklorno, stronger than Ki, and more devious than the Quyth

Not sure why anyone would still be sitting on the fence, but some people like to go slow. Kind of like at the pool – do you stick a toe in and then slowly get in deeper and deeper or just jump right in?

Not to worry, soon he/she will see the light. "One of us, One of us, Gabba Gabba Hey!"

Go Steelers! Go Dawgs!

I can’t figure out why it bugs me. I’m a huge proponent of honest & open communication. Hell, y’all know I often don’t know when to shut up. But for some reason this phrase doesn’t sit right with me. Did it disturb anyone else?

[redacted] , [redacted], and [redacted] come to mind

Scott’s said that several times. Too lazy to go find it, but that’s the way it is.

Only important thing regarding order is to read series in order (EG Ancestor before Descendant, Infected->Contagious->Pandemic, Earthcore->Mt. Fitzroy etc.)

Wow, all really helpful responses.  I’ll get started listening on Nocturnal now.

is that Pookie Chang’s mega-distant grandson is a tier 1 running back.

And that itching on your ass may not necessarily be hemoroids.

which is comprised of nothing more than listening to each of Scott’s podiobooks multiple times, I have come to the conclusion that they all exist in the same universe. Each of them references others at times. Ancestor references both the Infected line and Earthcore. Nocturnal references Ancestor. The aliens in the "The Tank" ep of Crypt are referenced in Earthcore, and The Rookie references both Ancestor and the Roctopi from Earthcore. Its all the same universe.

**UNdead/GirlCo - We’ll eat your brains and look good doing it.**

I completely agree with the other two posts.  Order is only important with Infected and Contagious.  However if you are listening to the podcasts you need to listen to the Rookie before you listen to Title Fight.  It will help you to understand the various species that are mentioned in the podcast.  Otherwise sit back and enjoy the FDO’s fucked universe.

However, I will add that there is a reference to Ancestor in Nocturnal that you might pick up on if you listen to Nocturnal first (which you may as well, since you have to wait til May for the return of Ancestor), but the stories are not connected – at least not yet!  Who knows what the twisted mind of the FDO has in store for us!!!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

Hey, I just finished listening to Earthcore, and I loved it.  I knew that I wanted more, so I looked at what else Mr. Sigler had written.  It seemed that some books were in the same universes (i.e. The Rookie and The Crypt) and I was wondering if I need to read any of Mr. Sigler’s books in a particular order.  I also heard him mention in a video that Nocturnal and Ancestor were somehow connected.  So in short, what I need to know is which books fit into which universes, and whether or not it is necessary to read them in a specific order.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.