This topic contains 33 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 8 months ago.

Podiobook Recommendation

• Profile photo of J.P.

by Phil Rossi–turning into a fantastic story! Definitely recommend!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

I like Seth’s work, the reading is where I get stuck. I’m looking forward to reading it myself.  

I have gotten other books on podiobooks that the story was good, but the pacing or something about the reader just didn’t

‘fit’.  

so pre-ordered Mr. Harwoods book and look forward to the read.  

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

Profile photo of Matt Kriz

i had the same problem with it at first but if you power through it you can move onto Shadow Falls Badlands which is light years beyond the first.  Its not in the audio drama format and the story is a bit more cohesive.  And it helps to have kick ass theme songs   

Humans now look to the skies, they worship missiles yet they dont know sides

Profile photo of Megan Pawlak

Beautiful Red is by M. Darusha Wehm. It’s a woman with a  hard to remember name!

Profile photo of David Slate

I downloaded Fried Green Zombies by John Allen.  The promo says it’s Shaun of the Dead meets Deliverance.  I think it’s a funny story that’s well worth your time.  Picture hillbilly aliens meet hillbilly earthlings with zombies thrown in.  Nothing stunning or earthshattering, just a well written funny tale.  For something serious, try Republic and the sequel Insurgent by Charles Sheehan-Miles.  It’s a story of West Virginia rebelling against the USA for multiple reasons.  It is serious and some thought provoking issues for those of us paranoid freaks.

Cyber punk futuristic….

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

to the whole series.  I would tell you but then it would ruin it!!!!  It is a must listen series – you’ll enjoy them!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

If you go through the whole Share series, you’ll understand. Trust me. You’ll understand.

He wears pink too. :O

so tell me who is Ishmael? and why do you want to see him strangle himself in tight jeans. hell even JP wants to put them on.

for a picture of that too!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

I would never want to ruin my friendship with Shadygirl so only if she says it’s OK!!!! Cool

I’m sure you look good in them too :hides her face as she grimaces:

Profile photo of J.P.

I’m slipping them on right now. (Oops. You said Ismael. Never mind.)

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

I had the same problem at first. it might be the auidodrama format or it may just be that the story was a little too odd for my taste but i think if you give any of his other stuff a try you might really enjoy it. All of his other works are much easier to get into and read in a more staright forward narrative. 

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

This book is pretty funny. 18yr old boys always do silly silly things. It helps he makes an outrageous friend right at the beginning of the book. :D Try this if you’re looking for a laugh and nothing too heavy.

I’ve listened to them. He’s working on the thrid one now. :D

and it’s on my list of things to go back to. I prefer finished books since I need (8hrs x 5) to get through each work week. :) Can’t wait for it to be finished!

I’m listening to this one now. I’m 9 episodes in and so far it’s pretty good. It gets kind of brainy – dare I say Matrixy – at times though. I find myself sympathizing with the Protagonist a lot. I hope it stays good to the end.

To be honest, I found the title misleading. It’s called Beautiful Red and I mistakenly thought it would be about a future society on Mars – since it’s known as the red planet. But it’s really just a technological thriller with some very interesting ideas about a society that’s fully plugged in. I avoided it for a long time, but I’m just getting to the part in the book where the title makes sense.

That’s twice I’ve been utterly wrong recently! I need to stop judging books by their covers and summaries. I’m missing out! 

UPDATE: I finished the book and this is one of those books you really have to listen to the whole thing before judging. The ending is very important. 

I heard he’s pretty killer in a charcoal suit too. ~_^

I tried listening to Shadow Falls, and couldn’t get into it. I’m on a round of downloading completed books so maybe I’ll give it another chance.

I’m not a fan of Seth Hardwood either. I actually got halfway through Jack Wakes Up before I stopped listening, trying to give it the best chance I could since I’d heard a lot about it. But it’s been almost 2 years since then so maybe I’ll try that again too.

is Ishmael in those jeans!!!!!!! Tongue out I must live vicariously through the other girls I guess!!!!!

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

Max Quick books myself…

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Catamounts Sports update:

WCU Catamounts Baseball opened up a can of WHOOP ASS on University of North Carolina: Asheville 11-0

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

Mark Yoshitmoto Nemcoff is almost always great. Number 1 With a Bullet and Diary of a Madman especially.

"So do you guys have Battletoads..?"

Profile photo of Karen Piippo

I finished DoubleShare only the day before yesterday, and have started in on SouthCoast. 

I do like how the "Share" books really explore interpersonal relationships having the Deep Dark as a vehicle rather than the primary purpose for the books. 

ttfn, piipster

I’ll look for them. I use Podiobooks like a gateway drug. I’ll have to visit his website!

I ADORE Nathan Lowell’s writing. If you like the Share books, the Shaman ones are good too. They are more like a prequel relating very obviously to a character you already know and love from the original trilogy. South Coast is out right now  (it was actually written before Double Share). The next one in that line is called Cape Grace, but it’s not out yet. He’s writing that now.

Most exciting…..he’s already announced that the next share book is going to be Captain’s share. YAY!!

I wasn’t thrilled by the opening about the Alaskan experience, I’ll grant you that. I think I wasn’t truely hooked until the 2nd or 3rd episode. It doesn’t get really good until you start realizing that everything is interconnected. If you’re not hooked by the 4th episode, then you’ve given it a good try! :)

Profile photo of Karen Piippo

I loved all of them. Really engrossing. It’s easy to care about the characters and the action sequences had me on the edge of my seat. I hated when my tram ride was over and it was time to go to work. 

I’ve also just finished listening to a 4 book series by Nathan Lowell. QuarterShare, HalfShare, FullShare and Double Share. I am sorry I finished them as I want to hear more of the adventures of Ishmael Wang and the Intergalactic Merchant Mariners.

ttfn, piipster

But just started listening to Jeremy Robinson, Kronos is available as a free podiobook now.

I am enjoying it  

Profile photo of Tony Faulkner

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

but could never really get into.  Were you glued to the book from the first or did it take a while to really get into it????

I just got finishing listening to 65 Below by Basil Sands. I expected it to be your typical trapped-in-the-middle-of-nowhere thriller….I was dead wrong. It’s actually a really good listen with its share of death and destruction and terror. If you’re looking for something to listen to while you wait for the FDO to get the lead out, try this one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.