This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer Barbara Jungbauer 6 years ago.

Plug-a-palooza

• Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

Definitely pulled a muscle there.  You need a bell put on your posts to keep the unwary from reading them without prior warning.

Secretary General, Evil League of Evil

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

to drink soda around me!!!!!!!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

Profile photo of

In fact, authors and podcasters always contact me for permission when they are NOT going to name a ship "Sigler." So in this case, Nathan was right on target.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

had just taken a sip of soda when i read that, had clean off the screen and keyboard
    LMAO
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of James Keeling

Yeah, I’m sure he pondered long and hard over that one.  

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

that nathan asked sigler and Scott being the meek, shy person he is, probably thought long and hard before he said OK.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Profile photo of James Keeling

But as for me and from what I’ve heard, you definately should.  Theoretically, the FDO couldn’t use our names in his novels without us creating accounts on this forum and that being our tacit approval of him using our names. 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)

Profile photo of Chris Hvidsten

Hey there.

Just a quick question: In Nathan Lowell’s Solar Clipper series I distinctly remember him naming one ship the ‘Sigler.’

This kinda caught me off-guard, and I was wondering if he had asked you permission to do so.  If not, should he have?

I’m thinking of doing something similar in an upcoming podcast novel, but I’m wondering if I should ask permission from the people before I include their names in the story.

Just curious.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.