This topic contains 62 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of BigJohn BigJohn 3 years, 9 months ago.

Perry's jersey #

• Profile photo of BigJohn

You’re wardrobe planning! Don’t forget, match your belt to your shoes! (Thank you, Herb Tarlek!)

(dang, now I have to think about what *I* am gonna wear…)

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of athanas

I figured I’d sport the Dawsey on Thursday and then the Krakens jersey on Friday, the actual day of the fest.

Profile photo of BigJohn

don’t forget your krakens jersey, too, though! Look forward to seeing the other ace!

Profile photo of athanas

Totally ruined my plan of shocking the hell out of everyone by wearing one to SiglerFest, too.

I mean, I’m still wearing it, but I wanted it to be a surprise.

Still working on another ace up my sleeve, though.

Profile photo of BigJohn

So athanas…did you see what’s going on on the front page of ss.com?

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

But he gave up the info without a fight. A gave us all orange index cards to write down questions and I wrote:

“What is Perry Dawsey’s jersey #, We MUST Know!!”

:-) finally, the mystery is solved. Order those jerseys

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of Justin Miller

Must’ve really had to get him good and liquored up to finally get him to crack after 1 and 1/2 years of silence on the subject.

Profile photo of Belladonna420

See Beth’s comment here!

Profile photo of Doc Coleman

You can only delay them a bit, and usually that means that they turn against you.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Profile photo of Jason Banks

Yes, it matters…i mean you cant buy a perry dawsy jersey with out a number andwho wouldnt want a Scary Perry Dawsy Jersey, i mean come one he was such a bad ass

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Profile photo of sadock

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Otherwise where would our next fandom holy war come from?

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of Rich Evanko

Unless the FDO chimes in we’ll never know for sure.

But it should be 57.Cool

oh, never mind, he’s retired. who give two shits

Profile photo of sadock

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]
  • Profile photo of Doc Coleman

86?

Doc

al least accourding to a couple stephen king books.

you may have been saying it should be 57, 58, 97 but you didn’t proclaim it to be actually so.

there are many other things you can name. take the moon. you could be the first one to name earths fucking moon, wouldn’t that be wild?. just let me keep perryLaughing

As for your junkie rights, they are null and void because I said it should be 58, 57 or 97. so 57 it is! MUWAHHHHHHCool

always tryin to keep a brutha down.

we shall overcome somday and have our Junkie Rights!

*cough* perry’s still #99 *coughcough*

unless it’s officially challenged (yep, according to the Junkie Rights i can do this. it’s just like naming a star or a comet)

look for the reference in Pandemic hopefully.

well, thats that. your welcome

Profile photo of athanas

And I’ve asked the almighty FDO several times for the answer and am always met with a reason as to why he can’t get the jade monkey to unlock the key where that information is hidden inside a DNA reading strongbox.
    Or he’s like on vacation…one of the two.

I say everyone in this thread just send him a PM. :-p

could it be mentioned in the original audio?

I’m in!

Doc

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of athanas

no way we could run a tourney in one day. There would be much death.

Profile photo of BigJohn

O.O

Anyone else thinking shot checker tournament?

I want the purple hippo!!! Tongue out

Profile photo of athanas

**looks in bag** all I have is Jenga, Stratego, and Shot Checkers.

Profile photo of BigJohn

I hate the waiting game. Let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippo!

at the Sox game and they won, and I had been drinking (a lot) so I was a little fiesty last night! LOL!!

Profile photo of athanas

and now we play the waiting game…

Profile photo of athanas

Break. His. Stones!

hehehe!!

Profile photo of athanas

to see if the FDO stumbles in here himself before I commence breaking his stones tomorrow. >:-)

Profile photo of athanas

letting the Ancestor tour wind down a bit more before I start pestering Scott daily. :-p

get an answer???

Profile photo of athanas

You get back up here; we’re gonna get this resolved in the near future, one way or another.

that we all have done power searches of both Infected and Contagious and none of us could find any mention of Perry’s jersey #. He said A is the answer girl so we sent her an e-mail from the bar, but she didn’t know the # either. They said they would search his notes, etc. to try to get us an answer. So anyone going to any of the remaining stops should keep asking. Hopefully, we’ll get it sooner rather than later! Wink

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of BigJohn

I can recruit a couple others for the SF-area stops, I’m sure…

Profile photo of athanas

you should totally ask him tonight, too. :-p

Then we see if we can get someone at everyone of the remaining stops to ask him, too, just to totally fuck with him.

Profile photo of Eric Parker

Could just be the FDO’s hatred for the state itself, but no menion of the word “Jersey” in either infected or Contagious. I also looked up the word “number” and there were no mentions of his shirt number anywhere near the word. While “Sport’s illustrated” is mentioned twice, neither mention is anywhere near a jersey number.

Sorry but I don’t think this is in the book. However since the FDO is always right, I blame his comments on misleading Elves who spitefully deleted the information prior to printing in an effort to sabotage the future plaid revolution.

Owner of the Themela Dreadnaughts

All Hail the FDØ!

“Illustrated” in Infected and none in Contagious. Neither of the pages in Infected give a jersey #. See here.

Profile photo of steve libby

Have both on kindle. Used search function. Used every possible key word I could think of and combos. Nothing. I would be very surprised if a number was ever given. Not concerned about the crack hits but this is quite the mission!

Drop your socks and grab your… Copy of Ancestor! Owner of the Isis Ice Storm [flickr-photo:id=4729847729,size=m] Puller of strings

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

Like I need an excuse to re-read Infected and Contagious! Tongue out

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of BigJohn

The scene were updstairs neighbor Al is recounting his first meeting Perry and having him sign his U of M shirt. Nothing.

Profile photo of BigJohn

I checked where they had found the painting in Nguyen’s room, where they say the faces of other triangle victims were identifiable in the painting. No mention there.

I checked where the police burst into Perry’s apartment and find find a big mess. When Dew gets there he sees the pictures on the wall, but no mention of anything there.

Photos were sent to Dew’s phone to help him ID Perry; no mention there.

I’ll check contagious next.

Profile photo of athanas

no biggie; I’ll wait until he gets done with the tour and shoot him that e-mail.

Profile photo of athanas

seein’ as how I just realized my uckfey puey and can’t change the original, that should read “Infected OR Contagious”, not AND.

Profile photo of BigJohn

There’s a scene there on page 61 of the Infected Trade Paperback, and it describes the cover, but not with any number.

Profile photo of Gmork

I don’t recall a specific number either, but this should be an easy task for anyone that wants to score 500 crack hits from athanas. Why is it easy? Because the either book was released in PDF form and they are searchable. You can find the PDF’s on the Contagious Wiki page by episode.

I’d help a brutha out, but my company restricts this type of file from downloading from outside the company’s intranet *sigh*
    ———–
    Gmork – Wiki Czar and Thwackacutioner

Profile photo of athanas

According to the head honcho himself, there’s a passage in one of the books (Infected and Contagious) that details the cover of an issue of Sports Illustrated that Perry’s on that tells what number he was.

Of course, none of the people within earshot seem to recall this, nor could Sig remember which jersey it was himself.

So, giving him the benefit of the doubt before I continue to break his stones via e-mail as I did last night, anyone who can point me to the page # will be rewarded if they so stumble across it.

Profile photo of athanas

I wonder if the person who has that jersey posts here and where they may have come up with that number (hint, hint).

Had the jersey back in the summer. This year was a big disappointment here too. The hubby is a HUGE fan. We really needed Troy.

BTW, don’t know if you are anywhere near Atlanta, but Hines Ward has a yearly fundraising weekend with cool events. You can follow him on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=lf#!/officialhinesward?ref=ts

We’re going to the family picnic and football clinic. I love Hines — always smiling. (Plus he’s a UGA grad, like me!)

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616]

I was bummed by their performance this year. But they always seem to do that after a super bowl win. Was the jersey you got from Mitchell & Ness?

I take it you are a fellow Steelers fan? I tried to get a Lambert jersey for my husband’s birthday and they were back-ordered for 6 months! Sheesh. I snagged Mean Joe’s jersey just in time for the big day.

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616]

For HS and college they can be almost anything.

I don’t think Perry’s number was mentioned but I think it should be 58 because the baddest NFL linebacker ever was Jack Lambert of the classic Steelers.

Or maybe 57/97 for the magnificent seven.

Profile photo of athanas

Then googled like a mad man. 

Then combed both books.

Then e-mailed El Jefe himself to no avail.

Luckily I already have what you’d call mental problems or I’m sure this would still be driving me crazy.

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

interesting, the Wiki doesn’t give his Jersey. so maybe none was ever mentioned…

http://www.scottsigler.com/wiki/index.php/Perry_Dawsey 

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Profile photo of Mason Bo

In the movie, if it shows his jersy, the number should be 7, because of his 7 little friends.

Profile photo of athanas

Due to taking many shots to the head over my lifetime, I can’t recall if it was ever mentioned in the books what # Perry wore.  I keep thinking it’s 52 or 53, but that could just very well be because that’s a fairly common linebacker #.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.