This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 10 months ago.

Patchday

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed

haven’t got the hang of DIV or some of the other elements of web design, don’t do it enough for it to retain in my brain

thanks for the link

It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

check out PG Holyfields stuff…….

Murder at Avedon Hill

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

(You don’t want to disappoint the voices)

Profile photo of Paul Rogalinski

It’s basically achieved by using DIV elements for the three panes on this page. Take a look over here:

http://www.w3.org/2002/03/csslayout-howto.html.en

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

hehehehehehe

this is tableless?? how’s that??

(i am a relative novice/beginner at web building)
    The Math god

check out PG Holyfields stuff…….

Murder at Avedon Hill

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

(You don’t want to disappoint the voices)

Not related. It is caused by the table-less design used on this page. If an image in the content gets too wide for your display, it will cause the sidebar to jump below the content. Not pretty, I know. Right now scott posted a pretty big picture on the front page, this is causing this issues for some people.

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of Darren Wall

Not sure if this is related to your latest update but certainly when I looked last week, using Firefox, the right hand menu was actually at the bottom of the page on the left. Now it all looks good :)

Profile photo of Maia W

Thanks so much, Paul!
    ————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

the voices adore you………………….
    The Math god

Profile photo of Tara Kubba

No jokes. You work so much magic on this site and keep up damn dirty junkies at bay.
    We all really appreciate it.
    Thank you!
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: I’m going to fail my exams this month… Proved by starting the week with a D.. In maths. Mathematics! This is someone who rarely gets below 90% in maths. Not good.

Seems so. The last "User Points" aka Crack Hits update did not only mess up with the menu, bring a new overview feature but also fixed that old nasty bug.

Cheers!

Paul.

Although, the notification box at the top of the page doesn’t come up when you make a post either… And I hope we’re still getting crack hits even though we’re not being told.
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: I’m going to fail my exams this month… Proved by starting the week with a D.. In maths. Mathematics! This is someone who rarely gets below 90% in maths. Not good.

did the losing of crack hits for editing stop??
    The Math god

now… Where’s this thin air which you appear to frequent so much?
    *~*

every post i ever made
    it doesn’t seem possible that i have done that many
    it also shows my edits
    (including this one)
    just wish it had which comments were which
    The Math god

Profile photo of ogreoregon

I can’t imagine I did all those POSTS, Oh well, as long as I keep getting my fix!!
    Positive reinforcement does wonders.

Profile photo of Gmork

The fixed “My crack hits” link really shows the accumulation of user specific crack hits now!

*squee*

You make me blush :)  

Thanks for pointing that menu issue out. Should be fixed by now, it was some pretty strange caching issue.

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of ogreoregon

I noticed that in our menue on the left, there are two,”My crack hits” links, the one that is not capitalized works, the other one doesn’t. Thanks for all your genius.
    Things on this site are really getting put together.

Well, my work seems to be very appreciated over here. Its rather uncommon to be credited for tasks like this. I started my career several years ago with system administration so I was already used not to be credited for anything, but blamed if something does not work properly :)

So again, all the feedback I am getting here is just awesome, glad I can contrubte something!

Cheers!

Paul.

Profile photo of Gmork

Thanks for the heads up, Paul!

I haven’t seen anything weird on the site since that kernel update you did several patches ago. Not sure how much props you’re given but you’ve got his site humming. Thanks for all your work!!

Hey There!

I’ll be updating various backend modules today. The updates are either bugfixes or security related, so don’t expect any news features. Just let me know if you spot anything awkward on the site.

Thanks!
    Paul.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.