Parsec Finalists announced for 2009
Our FDO has some serious competition, but I think he’ll prevail. There are several of these I haven’t listened to, but the ones I have are also some quality stuff.
MC, CA, UNdead Jester and Love Slave of the UNdead Grave Mother
"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Spiritual fecal matter, Mister Strange Winged Nocturnal Mammal Obsessed Homosapien!
Hella competition this year.
And Friend of MuchAdo!It will be fun to hopefully be there for the Parsec’s this year.
UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler. Pusher twice over.
in three categories, way fucking cool.
That is an awesome set of nominations. It’s going to be a hard choice.
Proud Member of GirlCo and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot
Here’s the list of Parsec Finalists that Scott was nominated for in 2009:
Best Speculative Fiction Story (Short Form):
- Best in Class by Jonathan C. Gillespie, Variant Frequencies
- Eusocial Networking by Scott Sigler, 7th Son: Obsidian
- Gestalt by J. C. Hutchins, Playing For Keeps
- The Goodbye Party by Christiana Ellis, 7th Son: Obsidian
- St. Darwin’s Spirituals by D.K. Thompson, Variant Frequencies
- Under The Bed by Michael Natale, Variant Frequencies
Best Speculative Fiction Story (Novella Form):
- Eden by Phil Rossi
- The End of Flesh by Matt Wallace, Variant Frequencies
- Nemesis by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff, 7th Son: Obsidian
- Pallas & Stan by Matt Wallace, Playing For Keeps
- Profit of Panamindorah Book3: Fire and Flood by Abigail Hilton
Best Speculative Fiction Story (Novel):
- Contagious by Scott Sigler
- Double Share by Nathan Lowell
- FETIDUS – The Foundation for the Ethical Treatment of the Innocently Damned, Undead and Supernatural by James Durham
- Fractured Horizon by H.E. Roulo
- The Metamor City by Chris Lester
Best Speculative Fiction Magazine or Anthology Podcast:
- Bloodcast, Season 2
- Erotica a la carte
- NeoHooDoo Studio
- Variant Frequencies
Could be better, could be worse. Let’s hope we can pick up #2 this year. I know a lot of you are going to be there so one of you damn well better record the awards banquet if Scott wins again!!!! I still can’t believe NO ONE had a video camera in the banquet hall last year. Well, at least no one is speaking up. Cest la vie.
The competition is hell stiff this year. As you can see, some kick ass stories of ours did not even make the finals. And they had to add an extra slot to short form because there was so many quality pieces. GOOD LUCK SCOTT!!!! We’ll all be rooting for you.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.