This topic contains 151 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of J.P. J.P. 5 years, 7 months ago.

Other PodCasts…

• Profile photo of J.P.

Season 1. Rock and roll, Mur! (If you’re reading these fora…) I just downloaded Seasons 2-4!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of nilling

Once I finish Crescent. 

==================================

Neil laughed. "I’m a soldier, not a cop, ma’am." 

MEH-TALLLLLLLL!!!

Profile photo of Tony Faulkner

Highly recommended….

"Who is Number One?", "You, are Number Six!", "I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Profile photo of Pons Matal
    Havent got to listen to the last episode yet but it has been a very good podcast up to date.

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

Profile photo of Pons Matal
    And have downloaded the first book in the Heaven series. Looking forward to listening to it this week.

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

Profile photo of J.P.

I really liked Crescent, but somehow Eden was even better for me. It begs for a sequel too.

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

Profile photo of Vaney

Phil Rossi’s Eden, Mike Bennett’s Underwood and Flinch, Voiceprint with Trevor Devall and Guests, BrokenSea’s Doctor Who, Christoph Laputka(?)’s Leviathan Chronicles, Buffy Between the Lines, and Pip Ballantine’s Erotica A La Carte(yup, still openly admitting I listen to erotica stories)

• The Pastry Princess; Evil Incarnate and proud Member of GirlCo!
    Profile photo of Shirley Bruce

I’m loving it!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

did i mention it is TOTALLY AWSOME??

BTW for those who do not know, rossi is one of the few writers who can actually SCARE our FDO. in other words, GO LISTEN TO PHIL ROSSI

cresentstation.net

OH and he is a very good musician as well

philrossimusic

#
    the NEW Chief of SFPD

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/the-book/press
    #
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/ma

Profile photo of J.P.

Just finished “Eden”by Phil Rossi. Definitely recommend it! (I think I liked it better than Crescent in many ways!) Now I’ve started “Heaven” by Mur Lafferty. So far, very good!

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

Has some really good audio dramas. They just started an X-Files podiodrama thats really good. Recomended for any fans of the show who might want to reminesce a little.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

Profile photo of Mathis Wrenn

The Max Quick Series,

Phil Rossi’s Cresent

Catamount Tracks: Western Carolina Athletics offical Podcast

Yes, I’m a hick, whats your point?

Western Carolina Lady Catamounts beat the College of Charleston Lady Cougars 101-87 in a record 3 overtimes

WCU LADY CATAMOUNTS ARE 2009 SOCON CHAMPIONS! Next stop, March Madness!!!!!

Profile photo of nilling

I know I’m playing catch up but I’m enjoying it…

Profile photo of nilling

Talking about all aspects of cycling and playing some wicked tunes – just makes me wanna ride!

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

I’ve been on a 7th Son bender for the last week and a half or so. I’m done books one and two, and I should be done book three later today or on Wednesday. By doing it this way, I don’t have to wait a week between episodes. Hutchinssss is no Sigler, but he’s pretty good.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I’m your pusher (as of 03/11/09).

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

I wondered what happened there.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

#i love the seanachai, and what he’s done with PG

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/the-book/press

#

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Shawn Laing

I used to listen to it, but I think I’ll go back and start over again.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

Profile photo of Gmork

When I am not listening to our righteous FDO, I sometimes go back and listen to old episodes of another podcast named, ‘How to Succeed In Evil’ by Patrick E. McLean.  The name of the podcast might sound, well, evil but Patrick’s writing is clever, witty and well delivered.

Originally there were 10 episodes (a couple even involving zombies) but Patrick’s website just announced the relaunch of this podcast on March 16th.  You can check out more at Patrick’s webite, The Seanachai or at Succed In Evil.com.

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

Profile photo of Mark Wheeler

Is absolutely fantastic. I HIGHLY recomend it. Ive gotta thank the FDO for bringing it to my attenetion. The production quality is great and its a very compelling story. Again, cant recomend it enough.

"When i say your dumb name step forward and forsake all other before your new digital ruler…"

just haven’t done it yet

Profile photo of James Keeling

The Dunkin Series is awesome..  and the Devlin spin-off…. 

hhhmmm…  SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK) #3 in crack hits (Special?  Ain’t I just)  Multiple S.H.I.T. Award Recipient!  Double Dipper and Triple Threat!  All-around uberjunkie!

Profile photo of zackmann

my new guilty pleaser from podiobooks.com

If you want real information about God there is the jesus geeks and Breakfast with father Roderick but If you want have a good laugh then Greg Crites’ Crusade. (he does seem right about the faux news network) 

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

CMack is working like a dog on the soon to be released next episode of Children of the Gods. and assures me that it’s almost done – he’s just doing some tiny things to perfect it and voila, it will be on your feed.
    I wandered into the CotG mIRC room and got a bone tossed right into my lap.  Recorded my little lines and sent them them back.  psssst … I still can’t believe he kept – and used – the recording an episode back where I said "fuck" when crashing my ship.  LOL
    Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of Jordan Willis

and diary of a madman. not to mention Sigler.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

Profile photo of Donald Martin

Hope you can get The Sigler to do that more ofter, priceless 

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT
    Profile photo of Vaney

I nearly rolled off the edge of my bed and spill scalding hot tea everywhere.

Note to self: Never listen to Scott rant while handling any hot substance.

• "We may have days, we may have hours. But sooner or later, we all push up flowers…" -Grim Fandango
    Profile photo of P.G. Holyfield

I asked for a rant. I got a rant… boy did I ever. Getting the name of the podcast wrong multiple times was an added bonus :) 

Murder at Avedon Hill – podcast novel by P.G. Holyfield – http://pgholyfield.com/maah

Closet!  CLOSET!!!!  Sippin your f(&*(& maitai with a f@#$#@@ umbrella sticking out of it… 2 f#@$#@ weeks….   Priceless! 

SynapticJam on Toast – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken (aka PUVJK)

-if you are not listener then get into it now, the intro to this episode is hysterical…….. scott, you are da BOMB!!

Leann Mabrey’s Sexy voice is the medical examiner (a vampire)

i am as far as episode 3, they have 11 episode out, plus some promo’s and bonus ep.s

Profile photo of Vaney

It’s pretty damn funny. And its weird that I like it. Damn puppet issues.

• "We may have days, we may have hours. But sooner or later, we all push up flowers…" -Grim Fandango
    • *Insert smart-ass comment here*

you were right The Daily Breakfast with Father Roderick is good even if your not Catholic because Fr Roderick is such a geek

• Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

Thanks again for correcting me…  I was wrong…  i am unworthy… all that….

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

we could start a new thread giving math tips and advice……..

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……….

the voices find this whole line of thought most interesting … casing pain through the discussion of math… he he he

so I couldn’t remember the correct exponent for a root problem… sorry…  it’s been awhile… my calculator always had the right keys to press.  but thank you for clarifying that for me…  I’ll make sure not the to commit the same infraction again…  If I do… you can spank me…   Yes…. spank me…  Spank me!

actually should read

Women = ((Evil)^.5)^2

the way you had it, it would mean

Women = (1/(Evil)^2)^2 or 1/(Evil^4)

it’s a bitch to have me critique your math problems, eh??

Woman are EVIL!  I can prove it!

We all know that a girlfriend is a product of time and money

Girlfriend = Time * Money

Girlfriend = Woman (in my stay out of jail world)

Women = Time * Money

We also know Time is Money

Time = Money

Therefore,

Women = Money * Money  or

Women = (Money)^2

We also know that money is the root of all EVIL!

therefore,

Women = ((Evil)^-2)^2

Do the math!

they root and square cancel so….

WOMAN = EVIL!!!!!

There it is proven – QED

• This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

never did like that saying about assume

in math, we cannot survive with a few good assumptions

okok, A LOT of them

but then, we wouldn’t have the technologies we have without them.

life IS a bitch, then you die

You talk about Leann Mabrey’s Sexy voice and some good Dwarf Lovin’…..

that and some really good scenes… the diner scene is awesome.

That is "is" the real Tee Morris and not some fraud… of course, that means that he doesn’t have a login to scottsigler.com?  The obvious question is:  Well, why the hell not!  But as it "may be" Tee, he gets the automatic benefit of the doubt, not unlike the ninja…..

Of course, this is assuming he "is"…  And when you assume…

You make an "ass" out of "u" and "me"…

• This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

i got billibub on my iPod, it is in my playlist not in my podcast list sooooooooooo i haven’t gotten to it yet ’cause i keep forgetting it’s there. i am up to episode 2 or 3

fun story and writing style

humor in it is perfect

now, does this mean it may or may not be you??

well if it is you, keep ‘em coming

and if it isn’t you…bad, bad, shame on you, don’t impersonate the Tee, you do not KNOW where he’s been or up too. (ewwwwwww)

Pendant Productions seems to make some good shows

These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Section 31 and Dr Who are about the only one’s they seem to record on a semi regular basis.
    I liked the Bryon Chronicles but, they just stopped making it after Christmas

We are of one mind…

One Womb Mother F*#^er

i like their star trek stuff as well

* Murder at Avedon Hill – http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

* Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

I’ve enjoyed them immensely

All of them are good.
    Especially the Star Trek Section 31 files

Nope, the sequel isn’t out yet… He’s working Morevi over again before putting the Pitcher’s Pendent to the masses

but i have SO MUCH to catch up on

morevi is way cool, tee is one of the best
    cresent was deadly
    MaAV is fantastic
    Black Shadow is different but fun
    escapepod got me started down this path, and i still listen faithfully (STEVE!! do you see this?? i try to get people to listen)
    have downloaded seth harwoods stuff, but haven’t had time to start any of it
    manic mondays is always good for a laugh
    scifi surplus entertaining and informative, plus some bullshit
    transistor rodeo is one fucked up scifi romp, don’t miss it (ROBOTS GONE AWRY)
    darker projects has some way cool scifi stories, but they seem to never finish or continue them…………….
    and i just started singularity………good start
    and then there is sigler (DAMN HIM)
    with all i have on my iPod and in my download queue you’d think i would have enough to do (listen to) without worrying about the next episode of NOCTURNAL
    ya, well, ya know, i am a DAMN DIRTY JUNKIE

and the voices are so glad i am

* Murder at Avedon Hill – http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/
    * Numbers are the keys that unlock the universe…

Profile photo of Tara Kubba

There’s something really soothing about his voice.
    Leann Mabry too. She has a really nice voice.
    Paul S. Jenkins has a really good voice too, which is odd for me because I hate English accents (I hear enough everyday, it sounds really forced) but Jenkins has the potential to be really big. Really heavy on the sex scenes but at the same time there is a really good story going, and those scenes help with the portrayal of the relationships between the characters.
    *~*
    My thoughts this week: Waiting is an essential part of junkie life.
    I was a hamster with a bazooka in a past life. Don’t doubt me. I own 3 swords… Which I sharpen regularly, and I know how to use.

I really liked bilibub baddings too… dwarf lovin’….

Profile photo of Vaney

listening to Morevi Re-Mastered. Its pretty damn awesome.

“We may have days, we may have hours. But sooner or later, we all push up flowers…” -Grim Fandango

I’m really liking Transistor Radio too. For some odd reason Nemcoff’s voice just seems to grow on you. First time you listen to him, it sounds really strange, but after awhile, it turns into a great storytelling voice…

I liked Brave Men Run too. Listen to all of the Age of the Solar Clipper books… Not a whole lot of action or gore, but they were really engaging for me…

Profile photo of Kirk warrington

Coool. Happy to be your lucky # 7

Adventures in SciFi publishing http://www.adventuresinscifipublishing.com is back from Hiatus. An interview with Terry Goodkind will be in the near future. The interview with Sigler is still on itunes

I just listened to Odd Thomas and started on Forever Odd. I would have been better if I would have read or listened to them first. To Avoid spoilers.

i subscribe to about 30 podcasts/vidcast
    am caught up with up half to 3/4 (half of those have shows posted about 5 times a year)
    i am about to drop my Nat’l geographic podcasts. too much video and i haven’t even begun to view them
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

Profile photo of ogreoregon

There is just not enough time in my day to listen to all the content that is out there now. and I listen just about all day and night. I am an addict. I remember ten years ago all I could find was limited to the stories on live 365 ol d time radio broadcasts, and just a few other sites that gave out free new content.

by nemcoff

it is starting out slow, but looks very promising
    a good hear while waiting, Waiting, WAITING for the next nocturnal episdoe

Black Shadow and Children of the Gods are also great listen to’s
    listen for the subtle jokes concerning current and past SciFi shows in Children

and always, Mur and whatever she is working on (i think the voices have a crush on her voice)

the voices vehemently deny any truth to that rumor
    The Math god

Profile photo of Michelle Quarry

oh man I feel like a dumbass now.. I just realized I heard about this podcast in the last Nocturnal episode..hahah You gotta love when the blonde roots kick in..lol

Just started listening to it today.. Pretty good set up for a story… but than again I love superhero stories..lol Its his first story and and looks like its gonna be a great story.

http://stevesaylor.net/Home.html

Profile photo of Margaret Whitesides

I just finished Brother Odd. I wasn’t sure I was going to like it but I stuck with it and really enjoyed it. I have Life Expectancy but just started Cold Fire. I read it when it first came out, that airplane crash is just awesome and still had me on my seat.

by M W Selznick

fun book to take my mind off the junkie shakes
    The Math god

Dean Koontz Life Expectancy a close 2nd to Escape Pod 57 as the best clown story ever. I really liked Brother Odd too. My local library has both as book on CD.
    Now that 7th Son is done, I like Karl’s Last Flight and 65 Below by Basil Sands http://www.basilsands.com.

7th Son – all three
    Anne of Green Gables – yeah, I know but I love the oldies
    Mr. Manners’ Quick and Dirty Tips for a More Polite Life
    The Shadow
    21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
    The Immortals – Excellent book!
    Vanguard: Plain Talk on Investing – I’m a Stock Market junkie
    Welcome to the Beehive: A beginners guide to the world of business

Authors:
    Anne Rice
    David Eddings
    Dean Koontz
    Frank Herbert
    Kelly Howell
    Oscar Wilde
    Patrick Robinson
    Philip Pullman
    RA Salvatore
    Robert Ludlum
    Stephen King
    Sue Grafton
    Spanish (Pimsleur)

Master Sigler has his very own folder, so Nocturnal, Earthcore, Ancestor, The Rookie and the Bloodcasts are in a safe place.

Plus about 10 movies and 25,000 or so tunes.

I’m a dirty, junkie truck driver and I must have my Pod or simply go rabid. (grin)

I just finished that one. It was pretty good. For me the ending was a bit quick, almost like he wanted to wrap it up and get it over with. I definately liked it though.

Profile photo of Patrick Sabin

Since I discovered ITunes and Podiobooks, I subscribe to waaaay too much. I’m sure I’ve exceeded some legal limit somewhere. But, my favourites are:

Talking Metal
    Total Talk Nonsense
    Punky! Radio
    Kingbonk’s Campfire Cast
    Coverville/Lyrics Undercover(Does this guy have any semblance of a life away from podcasting? Jebus!)
    Retro Crush
    Mediocre Show
    Jonathan Coulton’s Thing a Week
    Black Jack Justice
    Escape Pod
    And the Unholy Trinity of Sigler, Hutchins and Lafferty.

Its been quite a while since I’ve felt the urge to wrap the electrical cord round the ole neck and listen to the usual AM/FM tripe round these parts. Usually if I’m listening to the radio at home, its on XM. Either Opie and Anthony or Old Time Radio Sci-Fi/Horror/Detective Stories.

Profile photo of Herb Q Kendrick

Hey Sigler fans! Just a quick word to let you know about my new comedy Facecast “Q Theory” which is ONLY available on Facebook. It’s a series of short, original comedy skits written, produced and performed by me. I choose names from my contact list and create characters and situational comedy senarios. Please check it out from my Facebook profile page here: http://profile.to/qkendrick/

The first episode features Scott Sigler, J.C. Hutchins, and Mur Lafferty

To access the episodes, just go to my Facebook profile page and scroll down the right side until you see the “iLike” application. Just click the “Q Theory” episode you desire. You can download the whole mp3 easily to your media player or computer to listen.

Please join my GROUP “Q Theory Comedy Facecast” as well. It’s accessible from my Facebook profile page under GROUPS.

And finally, thanks to Sigler for his kickazzzz work and “zackmann” for introducing me to this forum. Take care, Q

Profile photo of Brian Hunt

I begged J.C not to Kill Killroy…but if he’s in the dnac is he really dead?

The wierd show, geek acres, geek cred, Space Casey, Brave men Run,The wandering geek pod cast

Herb Q Kendrick’s Q Theory available only on Facebook. The first episode considers what the podcasters may have been like if children in a classroom and is funny.

Profile photo of Alex Langley

I’m getting into “Number One With a Bullet”

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

Profile photo of Kirk Bastek

I just finished 7th Son.

“Shakespeare said pretty well everything, and what he left out, James Joyce, with a little nudge from myself, put in.” Brendan Behan

I liked this podcast by Daniel Emery, good fiction and a Japanese word of the day or Japanese idiom, but nothings been posted since March on his site. Any one know what happened?

Profile photo of Mike Dowell

A few weeks back Scott ran a promo for a new podcast. It was about a chick doing monthly wormhole inspections or something like that, it sounded cool but I can’t remember what it was called. Anyone else remember?

Profile photo of Mike Dowell

Sigler
    7th son
    Crescent
    The Signal
    Firefly Talk
    The 10th Wonder
    The 9th
    Nina kimberly the Merciless
    Old Wounds
    The Failed cities Monologues
    The Metamore City
    The Plitone Revisionist
    Singularity
    Songs from the Black
    Shperical Tomi
    Severance
    [ping]
    Watching the Directors
    Varian Frequencies
    Tales from the ‘Verse
    Steve Brown Etc.
    The Jovian Gate Chronicles
    Teh Kindlings Muse

There is more but those are the main ones…

Profile photo of John Fitzgerald

If you’re twisted, You’ll enjoy Tim Henson’s podcast: distorted view daily

——————————————————
    Wheelchair = Better than a real chair.

I will enjoy listening to you live…I listened to the dec 4 discussion I downloaded last night and the classic scifi you posted. ( while I was reading all the forum posts on Siglers site) I can multitask….. I think I will keep up with your cast..
    The more the better.

Dude, screwing with wikipedia is one of my pastimes

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

Profile photo of Eliza Sea

9 of them are knitting/crafting podcasts, one is a crafting pdf podcast, and the rest are talking ones. Yes, there are knitting podcasts. People are amazed when they find that out! They don’t realize how rabid we are about our craft. ;)

-
    Do not piss off knitters, for we have lots of pointy sticks with which to poke out your eye.

i just visited your website right before i viewed this posting
    will definately checkout your podcast
    the voices are VERY curious………….
    The Math god

Profile photo of Maia W

In alpha order:
    All Axis Radio
    Come Let Me Whisper
    Dawn & Drew Show
    Escape Pod
    Playing For Keeps
    PMC Top 10
    Slice of Scifi
    Stranger Things
    Variant Frequencies
    Wander Radio
    7th Son Trilogy

I’ve been listening to so much since the summer, I’m having to REALLY cut back to this abbreviated list so I can get my own show out on a regular basis again. Hopefully KnitWitch’s Scifi/Fantasy Zone will make some of your listening lists soon…

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

some of those are talk, news whatever podcasts
    i have tried listening to them, got VERY bored. even with the humor ones
    i listen to stories. and i subscribe to a few video pod casts, mostly animated or short films like atom films
    i got a whole new list of podcasts i listen to now, most are scifi (heavy on the star trek) darker project is interesting…………
    The Math god

the videogame show and sarcastic gamer are great sources for videogame news and are hilarious!

Profile photo of Alexander van Houten

Scott is a gentle soul when seen next to Nemcoff. Nemcoff makes the gore personal in a way that I have yet to see Scott do.

Profile photo of Eliza Sea

Unfortunately, there’s not enough Scott Sigler I haven’t heard to keep me occupied for my 8-hour work day, and my half-hour bike home, so I do have to listen to other podcasts. And I still don’t have enough to fill that time slot. :( According to iTunes, here’s my list, in alphabetical order. Some of these haven’t updated in forever, though. :(

7th Son
    America the Green
    Art of Gracious Living
    Bad Astronomy
    Cast On
    Craft Magazine: Craft Podcast
    CraftLit: A Podcast for Crafters
    CRL with Vickie Howell
    Feast of Fools: Gay Fun Show
    The Geek Fu Morning Show
    Irish and Celtic Music Podcast
    Jack Mangan’s Deadpan
    Knit Picks’ Podcast
    KnitCast
    Knitters Uncensored
    Lime Daily Audio Podcast
    Limenviolet
    Look At His Butt!
    The Mega64 Podcast
    Metal Injection Guerilla Radio: The Entropy League
    Nocturnal (duh)
    Playing For Keeps
    Quirky Nomads
    Ready Set Knit
    Savage Love Podcast
    The Secret World Chronicle
    Skepticality
    Slice of SciFi
    SModcast
    Stash and Burn
    Tag in the Seams
    Wander Radio
    Wingin’ It 3D

ARTC especially episodes 53,54,&55 Terry Pratchett’s Guards Guards

Profile photo of Sarah Ferguson

ahahah Nor would I ever let his dog lick me….
    ~ sig impaired~

Is Shaw of Jack Palms 2 This is Life an Earthcore junkie? He sure knows the improper use of a pliers.

This is my top ten CURRENT pod casts Other than Nocturnal
    (only currently running-in no specific order:)
    1)Playing for Keeps
    2)Diary of a Madman
    3)Beautiful Red
    4)Buffy Between The Lines
    5)Strangely Literal
    6)Tales from the Verse
    7)Dark Age
    8)Metamor City
    9)Hall of Mirrors
    10)Seventh Son
    Top 10 of all Time…….(once again in no specific order)
    1) Jack Palms Crime!
    2)Seventh Son
    3)The Rookie
    4)Crescent
    5)Ancestor
    6)Heaven (all 3 seasons)
    7)Infected/Infested
    8)Shadow Falls (all 3 seasons although the first season is an audio drama)
    9)Skull of the robot
    10)Spherical Tomi (I named my external HDD Tomitsu)

Profile photo of Seth_Harwood

OK, no excuses, you dirty junkies! If you’re not listening to Jack Palms Crime: Jack Wakes Up and This Is Life, there’s a problem! You got to get yer asses over to sethharwood.com and give these a listen. Yeah, I’m a Nocturnal junkie but you gotta love the kick ass crime story.

You don’t like this, send me an email at suckme@sethharwood.com

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

He just called you Number 2! What would Chodo the Bright do?

Brave Men Run (for me) was almost as inspiring as The Rookie when it comes to fan fiction possibilities. And, if you’re a child of the 80’s punk (or maybe just 80’s non-mainstream rock) scene, then you have to listen to it just on principal… you’ll get a kick out of it.

Profile photo of John Fitzgerald

(ones with a * I advise you check out)
    Around the Net
    Ask a Ninja
    Channel Frederator***
    Comedy Central MotherLoad Web Shows
    Dawn and Drew Show***
    Distorted View***
    Getting Away With Murder
    Happy Tree Friends
    The Man Show
    Mr.Manners’ Quick and Dirty Tips for a more polite life
    Nobody Likes Onions***
    The onion Radio News***
    Shadow Falls
    Stranger Things
    Strongbad Emails & more
    7th Son
    ——————————————————
    Wheelchair = Better than a real chair.

When I listened to Number One with a Bullet and watched Word Sushi I was very impresses with Mark’s work but after listening to Pacific Coast Hellway, especially if I see him with a box of Kleenex and an iphone I no longer want to shack his hand.
    Like Mike says you can never miss PCH because you never know what mark is going to say.
    Mike’s UC Radio is pretty good as well.

Profile photo of Sarah Ferguson

Diary of a Madman is great!! It lead me to Marc’s PCH podcast. Which is sickeningly funny, however I can’t listen to it in bed like I do most podcasts. I lay there and try to stifle the giggles and hubby thinks I’m having some “alone” time…..

I also listen to
    Diary of an S&M Romance
    Pseudopod
    Hall of Mirrors
    and as a new “junkie” I am catching up on all things Scott

~ sig impaired~

i keep hearing good things about that one
    need to get it
    The Math god

Profile photo of Justin Holdridge

Podcast list:

Currently:

Brave Men Run
    Fortress Draconis
    How to Succeed in Evil
    The Metamor City Podcast
    7th Son Book 3: Destruction
    Playing for Keeps
    The Secret World Chronicles
    Seth Harwood’s JP2
    Nocturnal
    Murder at Avendon Hill
    Soccer Girl Inc.
    NPR Story of the Day
    NPR World Story of the Day
    Strafor Daily Podcast
    NPR Science Friday
    WNYC
    Science Talk
    Escape Pod
    Pseudo Pod
    Anything Darker Projects
    X Minus One
    Completed:
    Ancestor
    Earthcore
    Infected
    Rookie
    Heaven: Seasons 1-3
    Jack Wakes Up
    7th Son Books 1-2
    Quarter Share
    Half Share
    Full Share
    Billibub Baddings and the Case of the Singing Sword
    Arwen Season 1
    Crescent

Up Next:
    Arwen Season 2
    Black Jack Justice Season 1
    Duel of the Fates
    Duel of the Fates, Tournament 2
    Desolate Metropolis
    The Red Panda Adventures Season 1
    Murder by Design
    Spherical Tomi: A Novel of Dispair
    Wormwood: A Serialized Mystery

I here promos and think, do i have to to hear another podcast??
    i check ‘em out when i get time, most i save till i can get around to listening. i try and stay current with all my podcasts, but it isnt always easy to do
    *——————————————————————————————–*

The Math god

after listening too Diary of a Madman (mark yoshimoto nemcoff) I don’t think I can ever refer to Scott as a sick f-puppy ever again.

Profile photo of

Look, Al Gore and I invented the Internet (he had 10%, I did the heavy lifting with 82%, and Chemda of Keith & the Girl weighed in with the final 8% that tied it all together …).

I also invented RSS. And podcasting. And global warming? Yeah, it’s mine. Turns out I fucking hate polar bears AND penguins. Look, if you’re that niche in environments that can support you, you deserve to go extinct. Cry me a fucking river, Opus.

Profile photo of

Patrick & Crew are some funny fuckers, of that there is no question. Sure they throw around some naughty words, but if you tune that out, there is some seriously smart talent going on in that show.

Profile photo of Randy Noseworthy

Cool… So you sound like you’re gonna keep at it?
    I grabbed it, and then I thought that you had done a podfade… so I’ll have to fire that one back up and into my feedreader…

TD-0013 is that the Another Point of View? I just started on Quarter Share, (Nathan Lowel) and was really digging it, and was gonna snag it for my next “done” book. But I had just started getting into Singularity, so I had backed down on it, and finished off Singularity.

Hmm… Well, on my ziePod feed snatcher. I sync its OPML file with Google Reader. 55/65 Feeds.
    I just canx XM radio. Unusual for most Truckers.

On a daily basis, I get
    SDRNews = Slashdotreview.com
    I get weekly
    Linux / Tech Feeds. Tech Podcast Network.

PopCandy from USA today. Like the young lady there. Like her musical tastes.

I get a ton of books from Podiobooks.com or from their authors page, if the feed differs from Podiobooks. Such as:
    7th Son – In Progress
    Crescent (Done)
    All of the Siglar Novels (one in progress now)
    65 Below
    Quarter Share ( Getting Ready to Rev that one up)
    Sonic Fiction (both)
    Electricity – Just subscribed
    Jack Wakes up – Just Subscribed
    The Immortals – checking it out, but I don’t know if I’ll like it.
    Fortress Draconus – In Progress
    Heaven – Playing For Keeps
    Tera Incognito

– To Chill out to at the end of the day – As I don’t do TV much.
    Escape Pod
    SciFi Friday
    British Science Fiction
    X Minus One
    Old Time Westerns Radio
    The Meditation Podcast
    Variant Frequencies

That pretty much fills up my MP3 player… Tho, some of them don’t get to the Mp3 player, but I listen to when I’m not driving.

So, yes, Scott Siglar is very Importaint! As Scott Siglar makes up a good part of my entertainment when I drive. So Scott Siglar and Coffee keep my truck moving. And the coffee makes me stop from time to time. But Scot Siglar makes me want to get back to work and drive my truck up to Adrian Michigan.

Profile photo of Gmork

The Immortals freaked me out at first but it eneded up being an amazing story.

I was really excited to be able to get a hardcover of this book too. after listenting to it, I jsut had to get my hands on it…sort of like with ancestor and earthcore

Look, there are a couple other people out there doing pod casts. We all don’t hang out waiting for you to drop something in the feed…. Sheesh…. Arrogant? Douche? bag?

That, and I think that it’s safe to say, that even GOD doesn’t answer all prayers, and leaves some disappointed. Just check out that Heaven Pod Cast. :P

Lion’s Tigers and Bears! Oh my…. RPG’s, Shotguns, and Nukes….. oh yea…

Profile photo of Chris Bell

To many to name but I check this thread every few days and it never fails! Someone will mention a story are podcast that will spark my interest in something new.

Profile photo of Peg Mumford

Just finished Immortals by Tracy Hickman. Really enjoyed it – different spin from his normal fantasy.

Profile photo of Ryan Nossek

Im somewhat ashamed to say here, but 7th Son is my favorite podcast of all time. If Sigler is cocaine, then 7th Son is a deadly, crazy addictive mixture of heroin and crystal meth. Sorry, Scott. You are my #2.

I also listen to

Crecent
    Billibub Baddings (I NEED a sequel to this NOW, it is the audio equivalent of LSD)
    GoNintendo Podcast (been listening to it since #5, now, 2 years later it is on #116, a very funny show)

Profile photo of Simon Lomax

My Current Itunes podcast list:
    The Babylon Podcast
    The Bungie Studios Podcast
    Calls for Cthulhu
    Crescent
    DragonHearth
    Escape Pod
    Fireflytalk
    Game Zone Radio
    The Geek Fu Morning Show
    George r r Martin podcasts (seldom updated)
    Grammar Girl
    I Should be writing
    Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas
    Pseudopod
    The Signal
    Slice of Sci-fi
    Soccer Girl inc
    Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy
    Warp Drive Active (eve-online podcast)
    Wow from 1-70
    Writers talking
    7th Son Podcast Trilogy

Profile photo of Aditya Minheran

http://www.nobodylikesonions.com

My favorite podcast during Sigler down-time, it’s some seriously funny shit, but definitely not for the soft at heart. Two professional comedians and their friends basically talk about life, girls, food, poker, food, comedy, food . . .

It’s great stuff, and, if I’m not mistaken, a long-time show-friend of Sigler’s ‘casts.

grey,a novel of the future
    the mad music show
    the fump
    otis twelve
    adventures in sci fi publishing
    the sonic society
    p***y the musical the audio book
    marketplace money
    the sci phi show
    star ship sofa
    uc radio
    diggnation
    the time traveler show
    ask a ninja

Profile photo of Adam mclardy

ok not really but dont even ask me to get them in order
    >so All things scott
    >JC
    >Skepticality
    >Escapepod
    >Ask a ninja
    >Astronomy cast
    >best of youtube
    >Black Jack Justice
    >Video game show – Ham sandwidges allround
    >Science with Dr Karl
    >the Kick-Ass Mystic Ninjas
    > and of cause were i first heard of scott Wingin’ It

and if you dont like it turn it of PUSSSIEES

Profile photo of Robert Pigeon

Lets see…
    The drabble cast ->strange stories for weird people by weird people
    Escape pod ->sci fi
    Pseudopod -> Horror
    Channel frederator ->Cartoons
    Ask a ninja ->Ninja
    Nobody likes onions ->Discriminatory
    Stranger things ->Weird stories it has Scott Siglers sacred cow

escapepod………..this got me started
    the sigmeisters bloodcast
    7th son
    theclassictales.com……..recent find, worth a look, poe, hawthorn, etc….
    pseudopod………….oh ya baby
    what ever mur happens to put out
    the new yorker animated cartoons (through iTunes)
    pri: selected shorts
    Atomfilms to go
    Darker projects: Dark Matter
    Stranger things
    and some others

*——————————————————————————————–*

The Math god

1 DARKAGE at http://www.kirkcast.com
    (Yeah, sorry I podcast this show so I’m biased towards it. LOL)

2 Jack Mangan
    3 Soccergirl
    4 Seth Harwood (the Jack Palms stuff)
    5 JC Hutchins 7th Son
    6 Cresent
    7 TD-0013
    8 Office Angst
    9 Nathan Lowell podcasts
    10 Mark Nemcoff’s Doomsday

Oh, please be merciful Pod-God. You’re causing all the villagers to run around in panic. LOL.

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

My very first podcast love was ‘The Signal’ and then I had my chance to join the fray and was accepted as a crew member of “Fireflytalk”. Since then …. it’s all gone downhill and I’m a podcasting fool.

The Signal http://signal.serenityfirefly.com

Fireflytalk http://fireflytalk.com

Buffy Between the Lines http://buffybetweenthelines.com

Singularity http://www.podiobooks.com/title/singularity

The Immortals (which I read 10 years ago and wept) http://www.podiobooks.com/title/the-immortals

Sigler, Sigler Sigler

7th Son http://web.mac.com/wordherder1/7Son/Home/Home.html

Crescent (help, collector bots are coming to drag me to the vault!) http://www.crescentstation.net

Sweet Sorrow (email Brent and tell him to get off his ass and produce dammit) http://www.bodenmaddox.com/sweetsorrow

Silent Universe http://www.silentuniverse.com

Hardcore History http://www.dancarlin.com

Kickass Mystic Ninjas http://www.kickassmysticninjas.com

Fortress Draconis http://www.stormwolf.com/

There’s probably others but my brain isn’t turned on yet.

Tastes Like Chicken

but how else would we hear your interviews on Adventures in Sci Fi Publishing, The Sonic Society,Techno Fodder,Writers Talking, and the others, oh there were others. If we can’t listen to quality news shows like Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me, how will we know how much of the world you have taken over. Sure we listen to other podcasts but we love you more.

There is a sequile in the works?!
    Sweet

Profile photo of David Lodge

Ahhh, wikipedia. The fount of all knowledge, some of it true :)

The ways of the Lord are often dark but never pleasant.

Profile photo of Kevin Wagner

While it is true that Great Scott co-invented the Internet with Al Gore, he was the sole inventor of the RSS technology (that reminds me, must update the wikipedia article with that fact….).

As homage to his invention, I do NOT subscribe to the 7th Son RSS feed nor any other podcast novel (instead I direct download from http://www.jchutchins.net) — Take THAT, Mr. Sigler.

But to get me some science FACT, I do subscribe to:

• This Week In Science
    • Are We Alone
    • Skepticality
    • Science @ NASA
    • Science Friday

and

• Universe Today

and to fill the remaining void, a little Car Talk goes a long way.

–kevin

Profile photo of David Lodge

I can’t wait for him to get Duality out to us!

The ways of the Lord are often dark but never pleasant.

Profile photo of Thomas Martin

7th Son. There I said it. I’ve got to listen, I’m writing the other novel on the site. Also all things Firefly, Serenity, some Trek and Myr Lafferty.

I really liked Singularity too… funny thing is that about a week after I finished the novel, a heard a news story saying that some scientists had found the exit path of the ‘object’ that hit in Tenguska… I laughed and wondered if Bill’s book sales would be affected. :-)

The Immortals is also excellent, more so than I expected… goes to show you can’t judge a book by its podiobooks.com description. The only reason that I downloaded it in the first place was because I saw that it won the Parsec award… otherwise I’d have passed it over, and that would have been a shame.

My nine year old is hooked on pod-crack and I’ve been hard pressed to find some more stuff for him… I’ve basically run through all of the prescribed kid media on Podiobooks (Pocket and the Pendant, et al)… and actually let him in on some of the other more mature stuff after I screened it for him… I found “In the Service of Samuri” and “Arwen” pretty entertaining yet inoccuous for a youngster, so I let him listen to those. I’ll check out Dr. Floyd and Storynory too if you say they’re good for the kiddos.

Profile photo of JT Manis

I only listen to Sigler’s and The Bitterest Pill on a regular basis, i’m too busy writing my own podcast *evil laugh*

Profile photo of Troy Knapp

Keith and the Girl….HI-larious
    Pocket and the Pendant…old but awesome
    7th son…..duh
    Escaepod…another d’uh
    Billibub Baddings….c’mon Tee we need another one!!!
    Pseudopod…scarrrrry
    and whatever shit Sig decides to put out

for the kids

The radio adventures of Dr. Floyd….kiddie crack
    Storynory…more kiddie crack

Okay I subscribe to the following feeds…lol

7th Son Podcast Novel Trilogy by JC Hutchins
    The Art of surfacing by Mark Yoshimoto Nemkoff
    The Arwen, Season 2: Ulliam by Tim Callahan
    The Bright Child by Tommy Wallach
    Children of the Old Stars by David Lee Summers
    Crescent by Phil Rossi
    Devils by John Klawitter
    Diary of a Madman by Mark Yoshimoto Nemkoff
    The Doomsday Club by Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff (writing as Alex Damien)
    Fortress Draconis by Michael A. Stackpole
    Hall of Mirrors by Mike Bennett
    How to Succeed in Evil by Patrick E. McLean
    The Lamp Post Motel by Joe Gold
    The May Day Murders by Scott Wittenburg
    Murder at Avedon Hill by P.G. Holyfield
    One Among The Sleepless by Mike Bennett
    Pacific Coast Hellway by Mark Yoshimoto Nemkoff
    Scott Sigler: Bloodcast
    The Secret World Chronicle by Mercedes Lackey and Steve Libbey
    Seeds of the Machina by Thomas Moore
    The Veingel by Jeremy James

These are only my current selections at the moment..lmao I think I need a 12 step program..hahahaha

Profile photo of Slava Morozov

Here’s my list…sorry Scott-o…IM REALLY SORRY!

Seth Harwood’s JP novels
    7th Son
    Variant Frequencies
    Escape Pod
    One Among The Sleepless
    Mysterious Universe
    Planet RetCon

I THINK that’s it…

Profile photo of Joe Hempel

Number One With a Bullet by Mark Yoshimoto Nemkoff is the one I’m hooked on right now. Also I have the following:

Crescent
    7th Son Book 3
    X Minus One
    Zero Hour
    Old Time Radio Thrillers
    Horror Stories

and a bunch of others that I ended up getting rid of becuase there wasn’t that much time in the day. I go waaaay in over my head.

OH, and of course I listen to Scott Sigler, he could put out a rendition of Rock a bye Baby and I’d be hooked.

Profile photo of Michael Corbae

Sigler first (need my F-ing fix Scott)
    7th son
    Cresent
    Heavan series
    WNYC Radio Lab
    GeekBrief.TV (shiny happy tech news with a cute host that hates swearing and always giggles. How did this and Sigler both get on my iPod without it self distructing?) ( she did thow out a mention of Sigler on a story about podshow press)
    TED Talks
    Microbeworldvideo
    and alot of others that have blue dots next to them because I keep listening to Earthcore,Infection, Ancestor, and the Rookie over and over.

Untill you have 5 tera bites of podcasts to provide us junkies with a life time supply of sigler smack there will be demand for other podcasts. Now stop your bitching and go baby your scraped knee.

Profile photo of Peg Mumford

I really enjoyed Shadow Falls. First season was serial. Second season a podcast. Both were good.

Profile photo of Justin Crumpler

As much as it pains me to admit I do in fact occasionally listen to other podcasts. my top non sigler ones at the moment are:
    Babylon Podcast (babylon 5 “talkshow”)
    Wormwood (a kick ass supernatural mystery dealy)
    Sonic Society
    I Should be Writing
    The Survival guide to writing fantasy

Profile photo of Patrick Hussey

I posted these elsewhere but what the hey

‘I would recommend the Philosophy Bites podscast and any ‘soccer’ fans might like the guardian football weekly podcast.

http://philosophybites.libsyn.com/

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/10/11/football_weekly_extra_7.htm

very British sense of humour the soccer one, in other words everyone undermines everyone else, but well that’s Brits, it’s as close as we get to affection here.’

Pat wants to spread your pages http://www.bookchurch.com

Profile photo of Chris Adams

I started listening to the bloodcast and got completely hooked on listening to podcasted novels. I went through all the Siglar novels in about a three week period of almost non-stop listening and was then left high and dry……..

To fill the void I’ve found Singularity to be very good along with The Arwen, Cory Doctorow’s Craphound, the pocket and pendant and silent universe all very good as well.

However, i didn’t like seven son. Just seemed a bit silly to me…

Hope this helps anyone else who needs to fill the void.

Profile photo of Brad P. from NJ

Siggie… chill…

If you remember all the people in that big room in Ontario, Calif…. not all of them were your fans… some of them were there to see SoccerGirl.

——-

Whole Lot of Nonsense PodCast – http://www.wholelotofnonsense.org
    UUCSH Sunday Services – http://uucsh.libsyn.com
    Follow Me – http://www.twitter.com/bpende
    Pownce on Me – http://www.pownce.com/bpende

Don’t forget Podcastle the short story fantasy podcast from the produces of Escape Pod.

Profile photo of Jim Corbett

If there were other podcasts out there. I probably would like:
    Escapepod – Short Story Sci-fi
    Pseudopod – Short Story Horror
    Hall of Mirrors – Short Story Horror

There are many others that might be out there that fulfill my tech geek needs to:
    Many different ones from CNET
    TWIT – Leo Laporte

Profile photo of

Wait a minute, are you saying you listen to something BESIDES my podcast? WTF? There will be a serious price to pay for this transgression …

I very much enjoyed How to Succeed in Evil. I am in the middle of Singularity and it is a good time the supsence and pacing are great.

An other podcast novel, currently a trilagy is Nathan Lowell series. Quarter Share, Half Share and Full Share. Its science fiction and quite removed from Siglers bend. It follows a trader space ship and so far now aliens, pirates just the life of a spacer. It tries and succeeds at having the feel of a 19century trader, all be it cleaner and healthier. Its charming fun.

Profile photo of Christopher Gallo

I also listened to Bill DeSmedt’s Singularity. I really liked how he meshed hard science with a spy thriller to make a great story.

Profile photo of Gmork

I was sucked into the world of Podcasts by Earthcore anf quickly pciked up other ones.

I am a huge fan of Bill DeSmedt’s podcast named “Singularity”. Its a science based thriller…if you like Michael Crichton’s genre of science/thriller then you will love this podcast. Similar to Scott’s work, I liked “Singularity” so much I bought the hardcover book. The author also has a myspace page if you want to check out more: http://www.myspace.com/billdesmedt

Also, I loved “How to Succeed in Evil” by Patrickk E. McLean — quirky but neat story. And “The Immortals” by Tracy Hickman — wow, this one was stunning.

Profile photo of Doug St.Cyr

I’m starting to listen to Hutchins, now that I have caught up with Scott’s stuff. 7th Son has a really interesting storyline, but I’m missing the blood and gore!

I’ve also been listening to another called “Secret World Chronicle”. It’s an alternate earth storyline that has superheroes. It’s kinda like an audio comicbook.

Profile photo of Dustin Climer

Woo! 7th Son! Should we be allowed to speak of this on this forum? Will we be banned? Will Sigler force Robbie to create a filter for “7th Son”, “Hutchins”, “Other Podcasts”… The world may never know. Chuckle.

Profile photo of Brad P. from NJ

Okay, it’s not an official forum topic, but I’ll kick it off.

I’ve not listened to live radio since April of 2005, and that includes a cross-country Griswold family trip, too. Instead, I track 75 PodCast feeds, 10 VidCast feeds… and probably a bunch of other stuff, too.

My top 10 shows I don’t want to miss.

The Sigler Feed (doesn’t really count, we’ll assume we all listen to this one)

JC Hutchin’s 7th Son
    Accident Hash
    Coverville
    The Radio Adventures of Doctor Floyd
    Dawn and Drew
    NPR – On the Media
    NPR – Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me
    BBC – Fighting Talk
    History According to Bob
    Verge of the Fringe
    The Bitterest Pill

Ok fine… send Siggie after me… that’s 11… whatever.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.