This topic contains 37 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of GJ GJ 3 years, 3 months ago.

Original Junkies Unite!!

We all love to hear Scott read off the names of new Junkies every week and choose the best new name, but what about us? I know, we have that cool OJ next to our name, but damn it, newbies get their names read aloud on the podcast. That would be all the 15 minutes of fame that I need. I don’t expect for our FDO to take the time to read all of our names out loud because there has to be like 1000 of us right? Maybe even more. Anybody have any ideas how our Overload can splatter his blessing over us Original Junkies?

Not sure even our beloved FDO could stretch that into a full 15 minutes…….

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

of just naming everyone with the OJ before their name. There we go.

Hey, bugger me. I’ve got OJ by my name, :-) haven’t been on here for a while, but listen to the podcast all the time …. well not ALL the time as I’d have to keep listening to the same stuff over and over again and would go mad, btu you know what I mean ;-)

The UK, not bloody Eng…. no, England, not the bloody UK

if it was only me that thought about it every time the FDO read out the new Junkies names. Maybe I’m selfish. Anyone know what the criteria was for being an OJ?

Sigler, let me be your body double to protect you when you take over the world.

it just depends on when you joined the site. If it was before a certain time you got an OJ by your name.

only the first Junkies who signed up on the site got the OJ badge – hence the term “Original Junkie”. It was a “limited time only – never to happen again” deal. No other Junkies will ever be able to receive that badge so I’d consider it an honor to have it.

After that, I’d say the next best honor is for the FDO to put you in one of his stories, and the GREATEST honor of all would be to get the KISS badge – Killed in Service of Sigler. IMHO.

Junkies who registered on the site prior to the hardcover print release of INFECTED received an OJ badge. I *think* that was Halloween of 2008, but I’m unsure about the specific date. It was definitely a one time thing. Scott wanted to annotate those who were around prior to his first book with a “large” publisher.

As to which honor(s) is best, that’s totally personal taste. KISS is certainly a much sought after badge.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

I am truly honored.

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Sums it up for me…

aka nilling

KISS is a prized badge, but would it not be better to be a character who doesn’t get killed?

The higher up the crack hit list a person gets without any sort of badge is quite a feat.

Of course, a person could post nonsense to gain +5 every time, so, a person who has been on the site for a long time and is high up the list without a badge is quite prestigious in some way!

Don’t cha think?

Its the most sought after badge. For a Junkie to be killed off, in a most heinous way, in one of Scott’s books is a grand honor. Or in other words, Killed In Service to Sigler :)

having your name read by Scott is a fleeting 2 second honor. Having the OJ sign by your name is forever. Color me in favor of the forever honor – that’s priceless.

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

In fact, its such a great honor that one might consider having a tee-shirt made to commemorate the fact. Oh, wait… Innocent

Wink

OJ – Original Junkie. Damned skippy!

Wolf – That’s me. In all my glory!

(MC) – Major Character. Twice over!

Scott has already read my name. In both Contagious and The Starter.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

Strung out and crazy

For ever in our hearts, Mitchell “The Machine” Fayed #34

I got my name read out, even got a witty comment by the FDO, I would give my right nut sack (the bigger one) to have OJ next to my nameLaughing

I love my shirt also :)

I think that there is also an SA that’s an MC this is also a KISS too? :)

Even within this thread, you can see there’s some disagreement about which badge is the “most sought after.” That demonstrates to me that it’s a matter of personal preference. I know KISS isn’t the badge I’d consider the most sought after.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

Knowing that someone dies somewhere, sometime isn’t much of a spoiler IMHO. And most people don’t know what others’ real names are. That’s one of the most entertaining things about meeting y’all IRL: The hybrid of pseudnyms and proper names used to address one another.

Yet that’s why I put Gmork in charge of badges (the vast majority of them, anyways). It’s one of those things that’s so subjective you simply have to have one person who says THIS is the way things are. I’m certain that many people disagree with how she defines Major Character versus Cameo Appearance. Well that’s just too damn bad. Gmork is the Badge Goddess (or whatever title she wants to dub herself with). Deal with it.

I would suggest that you ask her about the KISS vs MC if you haven’t though (and you’d rather have a KISS badge). Never hurts to petition the goddess ;)

———————————————————-

Math is hard.

———————————————————-

———————————————————-

But for those of us that finally got our heads out of the sand. The next best thing is to be named in a book. There you will live on for ever in the service to the FDO.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

dozier. I didn’t mean to imply that it wasn’t an honor to have your name read. Sorry about that. I was just saying that I didn’t need to have my name read like the new junkies. Having the OJ sign is good enough for me. We’re always happy to hear the names of the new junkies read and welcomed to the Sigler ascension. :-) [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

I’d be happy to have an OJ rather than a shout out. But I can’t so I can just flash green eyes at those of you that do.

[flickr-photo:id=5039264863,size=m]

Too bad badges are non-transferable Tongue out

———————————————————-

is just greedy **narrows the green eyes**

Sad thing is that there are lots of folks who could qualify for 3-5 badges if we had the system set up to display multiple badges.

———————————————————-

I wish I could go back in time and have joined this group from the begining.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

or had the energy to google it, I could agree or disagree, being as I don’t I’ll just plea the 5th (you taught me!)

av·a·rice:

insatiable greed for riches; inordinate, miserly desire to gain and hoard wealth.

———————————————————-

That’s got to make for one funky kid!

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

Husband of Susan,

Friend of Junkies everywhere

but it doesn’t seem to suit me Tongue out

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.