This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Rich Bennett Rich Bennett 4 years, 2 months ago.

Original ancestor podcast

Wolfpack quarterback…..Richno3…….out

Love the name buy the way.

You can download the whole thing from Itunes or a bunch of other sites. $25.00 – I have it stored and burned.

Here is the link with all the links:

http://www.randomhouse.com/audio/catalog/display.php?isbn=9780307705457

Drop your socks and grab your… Copy of Ancestor! Owner of the Isis Ice Storm [flickr-photo:id=4779220092,size=m] Puller of strings

I have my copy of ancestor but I love hearing FDO act out the stories. I work on a microscope all day and listen to my audio/podiobooks as I toil. Siglers been the best thing since… crack.

I guess I can wait for each episode but DAMN ! I just spent 6 years watching Lost and my tolerance for waiting on next episodes is @#*$#d… I guess thats why were called junkies…

If you wipe your player you can just re-download to it from the zune app and wallah its all ok. That is unless you had music on your player you hadn’t added back to your collection on the PC. So *POOF* its gone. BUT If your puker wipes you can do a reverse sync from your player. Doing that only transfers the music and other Items back to the PC. You then have to recreate your playlists and other collections you might of had….

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Twice Over!

It’s certainly come in handy a few times when Scott’s asked for voice samples.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

I know nothing of how their jukebox system works, but I would have *thought* that you’d have a backup there. That’s how it works with iTunes. And then you sync stuff from your puker to your player. Doing it any other way seems kind of retarded to me.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Sorry to hear it…and from what I’ve read, you sure aren’t alone. How difficult would it be to include “Please contact a Zune representative before proceeding” in their list of instructions? At the very least, it would save a lot of grief. ~Tsulaa

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” ~e.e. cummings

I have found out myself that the “wipe your Zune” response is something that is recommend for about everything. I’ve made the mistake of doing so before and have regretted it.

I still have the original infection! All of the podcasts are stored in multiple places (external hard drive, DVDs, computer). Want to make sure I don’t lose any of them. Besides, there may be something in one of them I’ll need to use against the FDO some day. Like when I need to convince him to get rid of someone for me!

[flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m] and friend of GirlCo’s official mascot

…I had no idea about the old versions of ANCESTOR being pulled until I decided to research the problem before I wiped my entire collection (as per Zune’s instructions). My beef is with Zune alone. The fact that Scott allows any of his work to be downloaded for FREE should be appreciated, not expected. I understand being disappointed about missing out; his books are great. But to not honor his request to neither upload or download the original version is juvenille.

I’m just relieved I didn’t follow all of the recommendations Zune had listed for the many & varied error codes I was receiving. I feel that Zune should either remove the Ancestor podcast page or have the reason as to why it’s no longer available clearly noted on the page. It really chaps my *beep!* that people are wiping their players due to this “oversight.” That’s not to say I hold Zune entirely responsible for these instances. Wiping one’s player is the last recommendation in their list of possible fixes. Before doing something so extreme, one should take the initiative to make sure they have all the correct information available.

I did what I could on the Zune site to try to stop this from happening to others, but my options were few…only two, really. And, I posted here to warn fans who might have Zunes – looks like it’s just us two, anyway XD – to NOT WIPE THEIR COLLECTIONS.

Thanks for looking into it, though, & I hope Zune does what they need to do to remedy this situation. ~Tsulaa

If they were common, they wouldn’t be as valuable to you.

———————————————————-

It took us a long time to get all of the old files pulled/deleted.

———————————————————-

I also have a Zune so I checked out the link to the podcast. It seem seems the Zune store podcast is linked back to Podiobooks.com. With that being said, the original podcast has been removed from that site. The new podcast of ANCESTOR will begin around the time of the books release. Not sure when though..even though I should! Bad Junkie me…

OK…if I’m understanding these gist of these posts, the reason I’m unable to download the Ancestor podcast is because the older versions have been pulled, and the final version will be available in the near future?

I only ask because Ancestor is currently listed as an available podcast via Zune Marketplace; however, any attempts to download result in failure due to [error code]. There are as many error codes as there are attempts, yet none of them seem applicable. Many people who have chosen to follow Zune’s recommended solutions have eventually wiped their entire collections believing it’s a problem with their player. Not cool.

There is no indication anywhere on the Zune Ancestor podcast page that the downloads have been pulled by the author, or that an updated version will be made available in the future.

I realize this has more to do with Zune than the author, but I thought I’d give everyone a heads-up as to what Sigler fans (or soon-to-be Sigler fans) are experiencing.

Thanks ~Tsulaa

Thats what happens when an Anonymous poster has not verified his information!

I’m a bit of a completist for some musical groups that I follow, and some of the most treasured pieces in my collection are original demo versions of songs, or early versions that were released in one format, then redone for a different release later. But of course, it’s Scott’s choice.

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, inventor of words

The directory wouldn’t take down the posting, so we had to nuke the files themselves.

Thanks for the heads up, though!

———————————————————-

just pre-ordered two copies of Ancestor through Amazon after seeing the contest

thanks for writing Scott

Why is time so SLOW?

All hail the F.D.O.!

No original version for you! New ANCESTOR podcast coming in June. So there.

However I can understand the sentiment. I’d want to listen tithe original version too just to compare to the new version. While I respect Scott’s choice, I am sad to hear the old version is destroyed.

Keep in mind here, guys, Scott is the one who wants there to be only one version of the story out there on the interwebs. If there are two, it will be confusing for new fans.

It’s the same reason you can’t find INFECTION anymore. The Siglerverse needs to be unified, not divergent. I’m sure facts were changed in the re-write of ANCESTOR. If a fan goes and listens to the old version of ANCESTOR and then proceeds to listen to/read Scott’s other work, he will likely run into all sorts of minor contradictions. We don’t want that to be the case. We want a seamless, contradiction free Siglerverse to present to any neophytes that latch onto Scott’s work.

If you happen to pick up the old version from a friend at a con, great. But please don’t post it online anywhere. Thanks for understanding.

———————————————————-

Hey everybody, first post and all that. Listened to Earthcore, The Rookie, Infected, Contagious and the first half of Ancestor so I’m a big fan… I know someone has the second half (10-19) on their harddrive who would be inifinitely generous to email them to me? zac.newman@gmail.com

I know about the effort to remove them for the incoming version….but I really would like to hear both.

Thanks a lot – Zac

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.