This topic contains 17 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Doc Coleman Doc Coleman 4 years, 1 month ago.

Old Ancestor vs. New Ancestor

Although the “butter” they put on the popcorn isn’t really butter.

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Trust me, I suddenly find butter on my ass – I will definitely be surprised!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Honey butter, stick butter, whipped butter, body butter (what’s that doing in the fridge?), and reduced butter (for a limited time only!). Sorry, we’re all out of apple butter.

Doc

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

I always figured that if BabyMcButter isn’t following me… I should get very far away while I can.

Doc

I don’t want BabyMcButter on my ass!

Twitter says I should follow http://twitter.com/BabyMcButter.

But BabyMcButter isn’t following me!

Doc

if anyone gets bored and wants to compair the old to the re-write, (i think i remember people asking about it), a link to the 2007 PDF version is sill posted here on the site http://www.scottsigler.com/blog?page=69 scroll most of the way down, click on the missing icon

I had ordered the the hardback, and had a friend bring it to a signing. But when it got signed, it wasn’t signed correctly (gave away as a B-day present to a friend with the same name)- simple mis-understanding… so gonna buy the paperback here in the UK and buy another Hardback and have it signed (properly) when the FDO does The Starter tour… So patience be my friend…..

But as I recall, The FD0 said that in the new version some people live that originally died and vice versa. Not sure how sweeping the changes are.

Doc

Why not order the hardback from Amazon? Or are you waiting for the hardback to arrive?

Apologies if I have this wrong!

Gotta wait and see how this one goes first. Haven’t got my copy yet since it hasn’t reached the UK shores (Come on August)…

But, umm, I have a major bias for the new book…Tongue out

The first time Ancestor was podcast, I went straight out and purchased a copy as soon as it was released in paperback. It was without any shadow of a doubt my favourite FDO book. I am totally loving the new updated version and will be buying the hardback book any day now.

Here’s is my question to those who have either listened or read the original version like me – Which one do you prefer and why?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.