This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Shawn Laing Shawn Laing 5 years, 8 months ago.

OH NO! There gonna bring V back!

ABC has greenlit a pilot for a revival of V and of course it’ll have a contemporary twist. Let’s see how much they try to "borrow" from Battlestar Galactica.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

On tape when it came out originally.

• Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

I’m interested to see what they’d do with the concept of the Visitors being on Earth for 20 years. I haven’t read the new novel yet, but I’m wondering if it’ll be based off of that or a different story. 

But will he? His salary grade has gone up some since V was first aired.

“I still can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

I hope they bring back Robert Englund…

(1st night on this board and I’ve mentioned him twice… I feel like a creepy stalker)

In the immortal words of Socrates "I Drank What?!"

Cult 1980s sci-fi show V is set to return to the small screen.

The iconic show, about alien lizards taking over Earth, has been picked up by American network ABC, who will finance the project, and will reportedly hit screens in the U.S. as early as next year.

Sci-fi screenwriter Scott Peters will pen and executive produce the new spin on the original series.

The show originally aired to huge viewing figures from 1984 to 1985.

“I can’t tell if that’s funny or really scary.”

We’ll be your personal state side Siskel and Ebert V critics when it does come out. Hopefully it will happen soon!

With the CGI they could really do some kick ass effects that could add alot. But If the story line is weak? Eh, CGI wont be a show saver.

It’s either gonna rock or sink like one. 

..No Bounce..

…No Play…

hell if it taste like chicken,bring me chicken!

rodney carigton

I am kind of excited about them bringing it back. Although I’m starting to get tired of these "reboots" that keep cropping up.  I understand its a good way to get people who may have missed the first time (or explain away no original cast), at the same time the originals were normally so good because of the chemistry between the actors, director, crew etc.  Who knows maybe the TV Exec’s finally realise that their are people around that like GOOD sci-fi, then maybe we will see more of these shows come back *begins chanting, Firefly, Alien Nation, and Farscape*

(would stick Babylon 5 in the chant, but honestly feel the story in the series was complete, although that could be a decent "reboot" without eliminating the original story.  The end kinda felt like it was set up that way.)

rodney carigton

If they’re going to bring V back, maybe they’ll see their way clear to bringing back Harsh Realm. One can only hope.

I was 22 to be exact! Makes me feel older just talking about it…..

rodney carigton

I was married and had my first son by then! But my wife let me stay up and watch it also!! :)

i was allowed to stay up late to watch.i liked it  

rodney carigton

And I did like the TV series at first then it got to be lacking toward the end. Yes the early years of TV special effects was good back then now I watch some of the shows from that time and think, What?. CGI has changed everything.

Ahhh, I remember the days, back when CGI was just a baby in the movies, and editing trickery was all they had for TV.  I taped the series and we watched the darn things untill I couldn’t get the tapes to run thru the VCR anymore.   It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with the new rodent snarfing lizards.

I thought the battle between lizard and human had been won? Or aleast worn thin. The new series is supposed to pick up 20yrs in the future from where the last series left off.

Take a gander here – http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b63204_leapin_lizards_v_gets_rebooted.html?sid=rss_topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.