This topic contains 11 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 11 months ago.

Noise canceling headphones

• Profile photo of Thomas Reed

Sigler (DAMN HIM) mentioned that when he first started plugging them, said the things were on the way, put hadn’t gotten there yet

the voices are so sure though
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

Profile photo of ogreoregon

I think sponcers should give Scott the stuff, let him try stuff out and then have him tell us about the stuff he liked. That way he doesn’t have to plug stuff he didn’t try, or stuff he tried but didn’t like. I would trust his opinion…… or would I ???

Profile photo of Glenn Dixon

…than Nemcoff! Forget the ads, I tried listening to a few of his podcast novels and couldn’t even finish Episode 1 – it’s like he has a piece of software that automatically injects random adjectives in front of each lonely noun. Gets annoying quickly. Plus there is his voice, which just grates on my nerves after awhile. YMMV

Glenn

Just your typical biker, blogging atheist preacher’s kid

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

NOT!!
    good gawd, never get refurbished if you can help it
    The Math god

Profile photo of Brian Hunt

Wanna hear annoying …….listen to Mark Yoshimoto Nemcoff’s “The art of surfacing” its a really good story but there are bumpers for some goddamn movie at the beginning and END of every episode! the episodes are short s& I got so pissed off I stopped listening.I tried spacing the episodes out but they were so short I couldn’t do it(I listen on my walks using nike+)….THANK GOD that his other books aren’t like that! I can deal with a few small well done ads!

Profile photo of Robert Pigeon

If anyone gets the sony headphones my brother has some they apparently work good just not on wind and don’t get them refurbished.

Profile photo of Gmork

Hey whatever pays the bills. Most adverts are annoying to begin with but considering we’re getting Nocturnal for free, Scott could be plugging Massengill until the cows come home and I would still listen. Nice thing about these types of adverts is if you don’t like ‘em you can always fast forward……imho

Profile photo of Glenn Dixon

At least it seems to be a bonafide sponsorship this time (which I hope he is getting paid for) instead of just a dumb affiliat link like GoDaddy…..

Glenn

Just your typical biker, blogging atheist preacher’s kid

Profile photo of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

at least he isn’t saying “Best selling author” anymore.

By the way, Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Profile photo of Maia W

Hey, the sponsorships pay much better than the average junkie, for sure. The placement at the beginning and end of the episodes works well for me and doesn’t interfere with the content, so I’m good. I know I’d take a sponsorship if I could get it. The costs of hosting a website (or two), podcast hosting and equipment adds up fast…

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

it pays the bills, so give him a break………….
    The Math god

Profile photo of Walton Nazol

OK. I realize that Scott is getting paid by Sony to play those pre-roll and post-roll advertisements, but if anything makes him sound like a douche, it’s those ads with Adam’s voice sounding all pompous.

I wish I had pre-roll and post-roll canceling headphones.
    It’s almost annoying enough for me to stop listening. Not quite, but almost.

Walt

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.