This topic contains 63 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney Christopher P. Kearney 6 years, 6 months ago.

Nocturnal SPOILER discussion

SPOILERS AHEAD: some may be real, some may be perceived, but regardless, you’ve been warned. What goes on in the Spoiler discussion, stays in the Spoiler discussion. Enjoy!

I tried that shit… sent Scott an IM on what seems to be the obvious path in Nocturnal… (complaining it was so obvious) His reply –
    “Surely you don’t think so low of me …”

So where are the Nocturnal spoilers, junkies?!?!

————
    KnitWitch

Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney

The Irishman from Ohio"I never Get to Get it!"-Wacko Warner
    Want a spoiler?..The Nocturnals are scientificly and spiritually modified monks from lost religion the are left over from the Lemurian Nation that was destroyed 6,665 years and six months ago. They breed themselves to be biological super computer machines. Computers with mainly organic nanotech control over their bodies. They were rumored to have superhuman hearing, were mind readers, astral projectors, and had mental control of their bodies from the tissue level up.
    They did something to piss off God and Mother Nature. Their Island Nation was rumored to have been in the Pacific Ocean. Mother Nature said,”F@ck Y$%!” Their nation went BOOM. The Noturnals are the Evil left overs. The Saviors are the few descendants that God and Mother Nature allowed to escape.
    Of course I could be wrong…

Happy Thanksgiving!..Any new ideas/ spoilers or did I scare everyone away?

Spoilers? SPOILERS? Are you fucking kidding me? Y’all have no clue what’s going on. You THINK you know, but you ain’t got shit. Now get back in the corner and stand in shame. How DARE you think you are up to figuring out one of my plots ahead of time! You didn’t do it with EARTHCORE and you didn’t do it with INFECTED and you didn’t know what the ANCESTORS would turn out to be (okay, you knew they’d eat people, but what am I going to have them eat instead, carrots? That’s not much of a horror story, folks …). You all shut up and TAKE IT! That’s what I said, TAKE IT!

Oh Oh Lady…better look behind you for pissed off Browncoats!
    heres another one
    Frodo lives

So I was right?..Yahoo! By saying I/we Junkie are wrong, THAT means we were close! Yahoo! As for no having shit, you are right. I have not eaten in a while.
    As for TAKE IT. What and where do you wishes me/us to TAKE IT Sigler Godd. Your wish is our command. Unless it showing you respect. I am still working on that.

I think I am safe then…to the best of my knowledge I am not Everyone. But Sigler Godd is. Does that mean we have to kill Sigler Godd to obey his will? How about we at less killed the H person*figuratively* first? His will is are command. Unless its to show Him respect. I am still working on that.

The nocturnal thingies are actually jawas suffering from teenaged angst and ran away from their parents ’cause they couldn’t go to that concert with that friend so they ran away from home and are now pissed off at society. Oh yeah, they also like to pee on stuff… f#&king jawa bastards.

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

it’s all a cover-up No wolfman hybrids marking territory, just a bunch of phsycology majors that participated in a prebirth regression party gone very wrong……!!( insert Dr. Evils laugh here.)

methinks this thred was opened to find out things, or to rattle some cages
    oh well
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

As for having a xyx/xxy chromosomes, its sounds like someone has done a lot of inbreeding. Inbreeding with apes, dogs, cats, and maybe snakes.
    Or someone was raped by Jawas. The Jawas DNA was older since its from a distant past/ a galaxy far, far, away. As for the second symbol it might be a Jawa musical note that says,”piss here”.

an interesting twist what ever the outcome/result

The Math god

At the risk of Scott coming to get me with chicken scissors…

Rex is king and Roberta is his guardian Nocturnal maybe, and the bullies are getting dicked on for bullying him
    There’s a spoiler theory, albeit maybe a more obvious one ^^
    And the crime lords are all getting bumped off because Rex has an interest in becoming one?

too obvious
    i still think it has to do with some ancient horror come back to life or has reawakened

at least that’s what the voices say
    The Math god

Avatar of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

Why art thou so angry, Lord Sigler?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Avatar of Benjamin "The BenT One" Clifford

ha ha ha you all have a lot to learn about guessing! oh wait, i was wrong also

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo……..

Don’t let Zoe get her little finger near the Reaver that pierced Wash like a mini hot dog on a toothpick. She’d do him but good!
    Tastes Like Chicken

That’s some old and twisted DNA to have the wacky chromosome xyx/yyx/xxy stuff going on.

Obviously they’re ugly. We know they’re ugly because they cover their faces with Halloween masks and robes thrown away by Jawas. We also know they’re ugly because they can only get their sisters to have sex with them; hence, the mucked up DNA chromosome stuffs.

We also know they’re ugly because I said their ugly and I know from goodlooking shoes and goodlooking psycho killers.

Everyone is going to die. I’ve noticed that TGGS (The Great God Sigler) kills off everyone but the *really* goodlooking girls with generous perky racks. As for “Little Miss Lights Out” aka the dog, she might live because TGGS likes dogs and I haven’t seen him kill one yet.

Tastes Like Chicken

Monsters with bladder control issues and good guys with hard ons. I don’t know where we’re going on this ride, and I don’t much care. Break out the depends and hang on tight!

Wow. I cannot argue/debate with that.*Damn, wish I had thought of that*

Maybe with the inbreeding the Nocturnals have chronic growing prostates. that might explain why they piss whenever they are excited.

Ever thought of doing detective work?

“The spread of evil is the symptom of a vacuum. whenever evil wins, it is only by default: by the moral failure of those who evade the fact that there can be no compromise on basic principles.”

Okay, there’s an idea for the pissin, but what’s with everyone waking up with boners?

If he kills everyone but goodlooking girls with perky racks, then how’d Perry survive?

So far the only life forms Sigler Godd has not “offed” are Jawas, dogs, kittens and Hippopotamuses. Hippos are just too evil to kill. I’ll always be a Junkie as long as dogs are not slaughtered.

I just cant frekin’ resist…Is an episode being late a spoiler?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAH
    Just kidding lots of love

…and confirmed that Sigler Godd is the most consistent inconsistent author/pod-caster/literature guru know to all.

wow- some sort of ancient feud between a cult and someone who hunts the cult members – and they dress up like creatures? But that still doesn’t explain the swooping up and down five-story buildings. Right when you think you’ve got it figured out………..

Glenn

Just your typical biker, blogging atheist preacher’s kid

…it Thaumaturgy. Which means*I think*blood miracles. Or maybe Lemurian mental powers of flight reawaken through even darker magicks. Or they were on some really good crack…

Any ideas on how many Nocturnals are there? Originally it was hinted a three types. I think a fourth was introduced in the latest episode. Comments anyone?..

…the newest Nocturnal sounds like it throws it throat out at its meals. Messie in a bad way.

Sigler calls it a snatch-face… apt, I suppose

This missive brought to you by SynapticJam – hhhmmm… tastes like chicken

I thought brains tasted like Cream Of Wheat with mushroom broth?..May be its just me.

They all die.

What did everyone think of the latest chapter?..

…So Any opinions? I liked both episode. I do have two questions though.
    1.) In #10 everyone started to recognize Marie’s Children as a Nocturnal.
    2.) Brian and his Ex were talking as they had recently made up/and/or made out. when did they do this? I am aware it means one of them are about to die. Make’n Love in the Siglerverse is fatal. Will this event “awake” Brain as a Savior, Marie’s Children, or Something New?
    Comments?..
    The Irishman from Ohio

…some of my questions. Any haves likes/dislikes about 9.5?
    The Irishman from Ohio

…to episode 1-5. I think Brian is an unawakened Marie’s Children/Nocturnal. If so, will he become the next Savior, at the same time Alex Panos become a King Rex for the Nocturnal’s?
    The Irishman from Ohio

I have a couple of thoughts on the story, so I posted them over on my own Journal to save you guys some room.

I find it curious how little Alex has just disappeared from the action of late. I’m wondering what’s going on with him about now once he’s realized how many folks from the school are dead, mutilated or missing…

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

I enjoyed reading through your thoughts about the Nocturnals as the relate to the Muwekmas…

————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

in episode 11
    it seems about time
    The Math god

better than the one i had going, similar, but yours is tied to native histories. mine harkened back to european histories of evil and demons
    this could be made to fit hopi versions of the earths history (this being the third level of creation)

(copy of my post on your blog)
    The Math god

I really liked your way of putting things together. I wish I had a clue, I am glad there are people out there like you who think and write things down, really well done.

Thanks. I rightly apreciate you stopping by my little slice of hell.

What you read there was just a slow morning at work, whit a sort of information dump. I really didn’t put a whole lot of thought into the structure…just wanted to get this out fo my head before I forgot any of it.

Again, thanks for checking it out.

I really like the way you tied it into historical record. You’re explanation of the Nocturnals seems really well fleshed out. As to the Saviors, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were religeously based. Notice the V-Cross symbol, To the early church, Marie’s children would certaintly have resembled demons and I could easily see the church establishing a special combat unit to take them out. Any number of possible explanations as to why they are still carrying on the fight, presumably separate from the modern day church. Good catch HellJack

Word is Bond.

Yup. It took me a little while to track what Native Americans were from the San Fran area, and when I saw the tie in with the 1873 and Berkley…I just went with it.

I’m still working on the silver angle, and what it has to do with the Nocturnals. I know that the arrow was made to stick in the target, so as to deliver as much powered silver into the body as possible. Silver might be the only thing that can kill a Nocturnal, as witnessed via Bryan healing up after slicing his arm on the glass.

Not werewolves…but maybe were-coyote? Sort of like the Trickster Father Coyote and his “Mortal Children“.

I’m still working on it.

Thanks for stopping by, pal.

I fully enjoy your show, miss.

I dig most of everything Mr. Sigler puts out there, and Nocturnal has me really thinking.

Well, with the V-Shaped Cross I went with some sort of religious type orginazation. But I remembered from one of my damn books that the Cross Fourchee (that’s what the V-Shaped Cross is called) harkens back to pagan magics and their trust in the forked stick. While still used by Christians, it has older ties to pagans.

Thanks for showing up, bud.

Heh…

As far as spoilers go, keep in mind that Mr. Sigler said at the very begining that Nocturnal was going to be an “open source” novel.

Even if we get something correct, he can always pump out a quick re-write and make it all wrong.

It keeps us on our feet, really.

but in most cultures it has been a talisman against evil
    not just with werewolves
    and coyote is not “evil”, per say, but the trickster, and teacher, he did steel fire from the spirits and give it to the people (Navajo tradtion)
    native americans (navajo in paticular) have a tradition of “witches” or death wakers or some such things that have ties with the “dark side” of life, to put things out of balance and mess with peoples harmony with nature
    perhaps the Saviors are those medicine man type to put this right, put life back in balance
    gawd man, you got my mind working now

enjoy
    The Math god

I’m a catalyst to art, really.

So far as the silver, without it I’m fairly sure Gastineau would have actually survived the attack had the arrow not been coated with silver powder. The way Mr. Sigler described the attack, it took him a full five minutes to die from the wound, with his body pumping the fine silver through his veins the entire time.

Without the silver, he might have been able to get up, yank the arrow out of his chest, and get on with his day.

Whoever the Saviors are, the fear of them is so well ingrained into the Nocturnal soul that the very wiff of an attack triggers the thought in Bryan.

I need to hit my books some more. I think I have a few extra copies of old folk lore and mythology under my National Geographics.

Glad to be part of this, pal.

the silver is the key to their demise
    hence the fancy arrowhead
    The Math god

well , with the twisted mind of our dark overlord i wouldn’t be suprised if he did just that :)

I know that authors who podcast their novels prior to publication are also using the medium as an editing and proof-reading tool. Seth Harwood found quite a few re-writes that were necessary for the Jack Palms books. I can only assume that Herr Sigler is taking advantage of our ramblings in much the same way… of course, I haven’t found any real faults with either his facts, or his approach to the subject matter, that is if you don’t take his silly chromosone debacle into account…

authors use input to change and correct and modify their stories as they go, sort of a rewrite on the fly
    taking input and suggestions and ideas of fans and incorperating them as they continue the writing/rewrite process

sigler (DAMN HIM), as you pointed out, seems to have things in hand before he starts the podcast
    The Math god

So I just did as our Evil Overlord suggested and re-listened to Episode 9, followed by 9.5 and culminating with 10.

And in Episode 10, I heard this little tidbit as Pookie and Bryan visit Alder Jessup:
    “Yes, I made this…or rather my Adam here made it.” Alder looked at his grandson and smiled with pride. “My hands and eyes aren’t what they used to be, you see. Adam has the talent, though. His father, alas, does not. My son can barely do the dishes without breaking the china. Bad hands you see…twirchy. These things can skip a generation.”

Could it be that Mr. Biz-Nass, who seems to know intimate details about Marie’s Children, is actually the son of Alder Jessup and therefore the father of Adam Jessup, the maker of the The Savior’s arrow they found in Marco Gastineau’s chest? Could Mr. Biz-Nass be the son that has bad..twitchy…hands?

Discuss…

…he could be but I think it is unlikely. I am assuming Mr.Biz-Nazz is Italian from the area he lives in. Actually I will have to listen to the episodes again to confirm what Mr. Biz-Nazz is? It may not be mentioned.
    Second thing I noticed was the named Alder Jessup. The Jessup Family was in EarthCore. The Jessup Mine Expedition. This could be a source of personal materials and financing for the family. Back in the day, parents had more time to have and raise children. There is no telling how many Jessup kids there were OR still are.
    Thirdly, Adler Jessup could be dead and the “Saviors” are using it as a cover.
    The Irishman from Ohio

It’s been ages since I listened to EarthCore…I’m going to have to refresh myself on that novel as I completely missed the reference to the Jessup family. If there is an EarthCore connection, then the silver would make sense….especially if it is being mistaken for silver and is really platinum!

…could be precious minerals. The value of precious resources out last most countries. No doubt about it, the value would last for generations easily.
    The Irishman from Ohio

…implies that the Nocturnal’s Marie’s Children folks are sharing something EXTRA. Maybe they were born with it. Maybe they were Reborn with the spare parts that have been collected recently.
    The Irishman from Ohio

…harming werewolves? I thought that myth was created by the writer and director of the original Wolf-man movie? I have read silver being used to weaken shape shifter so more mundane forms of injury would kick in.
    Any recommendations on folk lore books to read?
    The Irishman from Ohio

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.