This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Thomas Reed Thomas Reed 6 years, 9 months ago.

NOCTURNAL Episode #8 – Discuss or die!

good to see the gag reflex is working
    It’s all about the Numbers, my friends
    The Math god

Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney

Homo-sapien Italian flesh. Gag!
    The Irishman from Ohio

I like the bow & arrow as well. I’m a fan of the elegance and precision of bow hunting so this was a very nice touch…

To me though, the introduction of Firstborn and the way Marco was taken out suggests a new question regarding Bryan and what his part is in this whole bizarre scenario. The feeling of warmth when he was face-to-face with Marco, the voice/word he heard in his head…

More questions yet to be answered.
    ————
    KnitWitch
    http://www.knitwitchzone.com

but sounds like lanza is trying to rewrite the deal and it’s gonna get his ass handed to him, and then they gonna eat him

at least the voices hope so
    The Math god

Personally, I think Lanza is going to get what’s coming to him. He’s going to get his, his father’s and his grandfather’s.

I thought the line about ‘going out on top’ i.e., a natural death of old age was genius. Mob guys live short, brutal lives and the reason Lanza’s father and grandfather died natural deaths is because they made a deal with the devil. The devil being Marie’s Children.

What deal has been struck? What are they exchanging for the hits? After thinking about it, I’m not sure I want to even know what constitutes the coin of the realm.

Someday, justice is going to find the Lanza family. Will it be in the form of saviour or will Firstborn get interrupted again? Whatever happens, it ain’t gonna be pretty. I think it’s going to make a lot of lead pipey sounds.

Tastes Like Chicken

all my former ideas are gone I just don’t fracking know

the voices really Realy REALLY dig him
    The Math god

…I am only as good as my Sigler Godd my *fictionally*made me.
    The Irishman from Ohio

“Bryan could be a Unawakened Maries Children”

OOohhh…I like this presentation of Bryan. Amnesia is so rote, but the idea that one of Maries Children/Savior/Whatever-He-May-Be would have to be “awakened” …. that’s a much cooler path to go down!

…he kicks azz with words alone.

1. not sure. The First Born could have arrange for the Lanza’s family fall if it benefited them. May be the Lanza’s learned too much about Marie’s Children.
    2. Materals to grow stronger. Or at least regain lost strength. Materials for curses/genetic/hex/magick stuff. Say children from a local high school. Fuel for there mental, physical, spiritual, and/or soul powers.
    3.Bryan could be a Unawakened Maries Children. If the current Savior dies, he could be the next in line for Savior. Or the next in line for the title of First Born. The feelings of the Unawakened could be genetic memory. Maybe the repressed memories of their previous lives as Saviors or Marie’s Children.
    4. Blows are quieter than bullets. If made right, a bow can deliver more damage than some guns. The design of the bow and strength of the wielder is a factor. No one has said it the Savior is stronger or weaker than an average Marie’s Children. The M.C.’s could be assuming a lot. The ability to sense the enemy could be enough in close quarter combat to regularly defeat a stronger/fast enemy.

Now that I’ve had a chance to digest the story (yes…pun is intended!), here are a couple of thoughts:

I liked the fleshing out of Lanza’s family history with Marie’s Children. The tenuous relationship has real potential for bloody messy falling out — a sort of “in the end there can only be one power in SF” falling out.

am very interested to know what the creatures could need or what in exchange for their murderous services…Food? Cigarettes? Weapons? Ammo? … very intriguing

With Marco Machete dead, I am very interested on how we find out what the connection between Bryan and Marco was. Will that happen each time Bryan is in one of the creature’s presence? Is Bryan one of them…maybe with amnesia? Is Bryan a Hunter himself and just doesn’t realize it….again with amnesia?

Loved the glimpse of the Savior. Bow was cool as well as appropriate for both the age of the character as well as the need to kill from a distance but I am hoping that in close quarters battle he will be an ass kickin’ maniac for justice.

Enjoying the story so far!

i can
    not sure i wanna see

ew
    could look like………….shudder………chenney

The Math god

can’t wait to see what is under the blanket.

the bow was a nice touch
    wonder how the symbols work into warding him off
    The Math god

nice touch with the bow. didnt expect that.

“What do you mean there’s nothing i can do, you mean im hooked on Scott Sigler’s podcast novels… im… a junkie…”- me

of the first born and his/her minions
    The Math god

I hadn’t thought of that. Keep it to yourself, please.

you made a competition which is directed toward junkies who wish to die. So threatening death will mean no discussion.

Allright, Junkies, yer damn episode is late, but it’s a far sight longer than 20 minutes. Talk it up! What did you think of your first glimpse of Firstborn? How about Frank Lanza? What did you think of the situation with Marco Machette?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.