This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Twainy Twainy 3 years, 1 month ago.

Netbooks

• Profile photo of Twainy

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Profile photo of Victor Sellers

I was trying to find one in-store around here, and the in-store selection in all the local places sucked. It was this one or a Toshiba. It was $335 with a one year accidental warranty. I like it so far, no problems other than a minor increase in typo rate due to adjusting to the keyboard size. Thanks for everyone’s input!

Profile photo of Michael DeRose

I got a netbook a few months ago because my laptop crashed hard on me, right before college started up again. I like the netbook for taking notes in class, but if you plan to do any sort of major typing, it can be a pain. I have rather large hands and the smaller keys make me slower, with more mistakes.

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Profile photo of Twainy

The entire thing is a littttle bit bigger than … 10.25″ X 7.25″ X 1″ …. the keyboard is 10″ X 4″ … the screen is a littttttttle smaller than … 9″ X 5″. 160GB HD

From what I’ve seen, 10″+ screens supposedly have pretty decent sized keyboards, not too difficult to adjust to. Although I haven’t actually physically inspected one yet.

Profile photo of Paul DeWig

I have an HP laptop and im gonna build a tower but i want something easy to carry around. (my laptop has the like 17″ screen i think so it doesnt fit in most bags)

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Profile photo of Twainy

I could put a picture of it here if u want. it’s small. Fits in my purse (not saying much cuz my laptop does too). Smaller than standard size keyboard. I dont worry about it as much as the laptop since it was cheap. Bigger permanent memory than my laptop. Its best for internet/e-mail. IDK if you’d be comfortable writing on it for an extended period of time. I guess you can get used to anything? I like it.

Profile photo of Paul DeWig

I would also like some Junkie review on Netbooks

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

Hello everybody. I’ve been thinking about getting a Netbook for writing on-the-go, or just to get outside while writing. I’ve been looking at articles online and I’ve found a few Netbooks that look pretty good, but I’d like to hear from anyone here that uses them or has used one before and are quite satisfied with it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.