This topic contains 33 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter Insignificant Blood Splatter 4 years ago.

NaNoWriMo 2010

• Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

I think I ruined myself with last year. Got the flu in the middle, did not feel well enough to write for about a week and then had to pull out at least 25k in the last week. So I’ve been slacking this year (only a little over 18k thus far), but when I do sit down to write I get out 4k-7k easy. If I gave myself more time, I could be caught up today.

-pokes all other NaNoJunkies- Write, I say, write! -cracks whip- And take it like the little girl you are!

“Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie.” {UNdead GirlCo Knight for Sigler}

Profile photo of Kate Cheevers

With or without the writing that’s always fun! Laughing

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of BigJohn

Well, not *again* anyway…

Gutter Sistren whipping boy, innoventor of words, Life Coach to the Damned.

Profile photo of athanas

Profile photo of athanas

I did not bring ANY of this up. ;-)

Profile photo of Beth_Ailis

But I’ll make up for it. total is almost 10K…. gotta get with the program. Write, Write, Write

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of BigJohn

But I was not alone in that regard!

Profile photo of BigJohn

But at least last time I tried.

Profile photo of athanas

it’s the 10th and I’ve got less than 2,000 words. With the move and worrying about finding a job I just can ‘t get the creative juices flowing.

I still plan on working on this story over the next several months, but there’s just no way I can catch up OR just stay on pace at the moment.

Profile photo of Jason Williamson

And believe it or not I know for a fact that there is a author that did that many years ago during a weekend holiday with a bunch of friends. I dont remember who it was but I remember the story about it.

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

but sometime we could do a thing where each person adds a chapter or something fun like that. 2200+ words tonight.

[flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

But I don’t have enough bandwidth either… gonna try to stack the deck for next year so i can clear my schedule for this… <sigh>

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

If you decide not to do it, you can still be a buddy and give some feedback, right? Maybe we need a Virtual Write-in Session with some adult beverages — Ooooh, maybe people can read aloud (or have others read their work aloud). Whatever. good luck to all. I need to stop screwing aroun on the forums and WRITE!

Profile photo of BigJohn

I suck. I don’t know why I think I can do this. I’m already giving up and I haven’t even started. November is just NOT a good month for me to do something like this. After I subtract out all the committed days I have this month for thanksgiving, my 40th birthday (and the associated activities thereof), planned travel and other events, I have something like 15 days free. Fuck it.

Monday, start your engines, er – laptops!

Profile photo of athanas

And new construction. Did lights, solid surface countertops at one point, sinks, faucts, laminates, all sorts of thing.

Then the housing market popped 2 years ago and what do you know, that’s when things started going south for us, too.

Was bummed for a bit driving away today, but that was short lived. That part is over, now it’s on to see what’s next.

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Danny Lundy

That really sucks dude.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

Profile photo of Chris Casey

I fully expect to have 50,000 words worth of word vomit, but damn it, there will be 50,000 words worth :-)

Profile photo of BigJohn

Good luck to you. Hopefully you’ll get great fortune and end up with a job you will enjoy more, much as I did. And to think, it only required a little bit of binge-drinking and getting violently ill to get it!

Profile photo of athanas

I have a couple of novel ideas that I’ve been kicking around for quite some time, but decided on one the other day.

I’m signed up and what a shocker to hear this, but my username is athanas.

Profile photo of athanas

I’ve got some leads here and there but nothing I’m going to actively persue at this moment.

I’m moving from the house I’m renting into an apartment on 11/13, so first and foremost my attention is to getting this move finalized and just enjoying some time off.

Until then, lots of writing, cleaning, and taking the dog for many, many extra walks.

I’m sorry to hear that. Any idea what’s next (besides 50,000 words that is)?

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Profile photo of athanas

The company I worked for shut it’s doors last Saturday; I’ve just been helping clear out the warehouse this week. Tomorrow at around 3:30PM will end a little over 9 years with the same company.

Profile photo of Kendra Stansak

forgot about nanowrmo till i saw it on my yahoo homepage. i looked at it briefly then said to myself, ‘nah, don’t have the time/drive’. then all of a sudden, while watching full metal jacket, i decided DAMN IT I”M GONNA TRY IT.

wish me luck.

Dark General of Vampire Corps for Sigler! (VC4S)!! and proud member of Girlco!

Profile photo of BigJohn

I had an idea i was going to do, and then i decided not to do it, and that I wouldn’t participate this year.

Then yesterday, on the way home, i had an idea and i want to do it again. I actually started plotting and roughly outlining, so hopefully i have a better chance this time.

If anyone wants to add me on nanowrimo, I’m jvizcarra

Good luck to everyone who is participating!

Anybody this we should do a virtual writing gathering… not as much drinking as VBF, but it would be fun.

Profile photo of Ricky Craig

I’ve considered the NaNoRiMo but never got around to it. I’m working on a book though it’s more of a manual than a novel

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

But why is your last day on Friday? Something amicable and planned or did something happen? And what ideas do you have for this year’s NaNoWriMo – I could use some! Wink

Barring any further complications in the ongoing brain/headache saga I am already signed up and ready for my 6th go-round. My user name is Eirlys. See you there!

something this time!!

Profile photo of athanas

Especially with my last day of work being this friday, I’ll have plenty of time to get something going.

Guess I need to get my sh*t together and get ready to WRITE! For those aspiring writers out there, some good news:

“Scrivener writing application now available for Windows, just in time for NaNoWriMo http://dlvr

I believe (tho I may be mistaken) that our dear FDO uses Scrivener and it has up to now been a Mac-only product.

I’d love to have you Junkies as my buddies. When you log in to the site, go to My NaNoWriMo and select Writing Buddies from the left Nav bar. My user name is Beth_Ailis (see what I did there?)

Pondy, are we going to have a Gunther-style bodice-ripper from you this year?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.