This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Zerbubus Zerbubus 2 years, 4 months ago.

My first Scott Sigler experiance

yes i just finished listening to the podcast of infected, loved it so much i’m now listening to contagious just to find out what happens, and i’ll be eager to get hold of pandemic if it comes out in a podcast, as i never have time for reading, audio books are my only medium.

This was also my first Scott story and it hooked me rather thoroughly, although i agree that Perry is one of my least favorite characters. It’s sort of balanced out by the fact that Dew is one of my favorites.

Shut your mouth! But I’m talking about Dawsey! He’s a complicated man, and no one understands him but his woman.

Seriously, he’s not meant to be Gandhi. He’s a character you’re supposed to hate, then feel sorry for, then end up rooting for by the end of the book. That’s just my moderately humble opinion.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

I’ve been keeping up with the podcasts, and if I like this one and it’s concluding book well enough I think I’ll buy the trilogy, despite finding the first in the series so lackluster by comparison.

http://crimson-hairess.deviantart.com/

The empire will fear my sexy coils!

• You will probably like Contagious 
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC.

Strangely it’s also my least liked story.  I found Perry Dawsey to be a throughly detestible character and he was very nearly the sole participant in the book.  While the story being told was very interesting, it struck me as being very similar to Resivoir Dogs, in that almost the entire story takes place in a small room.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.