This topic contains 14 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Beth_Ailis Beth_Ailis 2 years, 10 months ago.

Mum-O "The Refrigerator" Kilowe?

Why don’t the Krakens ever use Mum-O-Kilowe or Zer-Ah-Detak like the Chicago Bears used William “The Refrigerator” Perry? Either of them would be unstoppable in short-yardage situations.

why more teams didn’t try this.

4th and short, give it to the hoss and see what happens.

but they are mostly known for blockers and tacklers in the game of football. I believe they’re to big of a target to carry the pig skin (Is the football still pig skin in the GFL? Brain fart.) Who knows, we just might see a KI running back in the future

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

there’s no reason why a body that big can’t move the ball 3 feet.

The KI could hold onto the football with one of his four arms and deliver three stiff arms and/or forearms to three separate defensive tackles to gain that one yard

I have thought the same thing but figured they’d get to it in a later chapter or book. While The Fridge spent time blocking for Payton he also carried the ball successfully when they were at the goal line … again … IDK anything about football but I have seen The Fridge’s rookie season a few times … since I don’t watch that much football I just figured the fridge was an oddity or something …. it’s not every day you see a 400 pound man carrying the ball over the goal line with other large men hanging on him like sock magnets. Good question.

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

The biggest problem with using Ki and Quyth Warriors as running backs is their propensity to fumble the rock. They get hit, they fumble, and you can’t run an offense if you can’t hold onto the ball.

Sklorno can hold onto it, but they can’t take the repetitive hits that are a running back’s daily bread.

In the game where the Krakens beat the Texas Earthlings to earn promotion Mum-O-Kilowe carried the ball after recovering a fumble. Also, “The Fridge” was known as a short-yardage blocking fullback as well.

Krakens kick major ass!

I know it’s only preseason, but I still can’t wait until the 11th and see my Seahawks take the field.

With goal-line runs the Ki would be the one delivering the hit via their gather ability. They wouldn’t be getting hit.

Krakens kick major ass!

What the hell is a sock magnet?
    – Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

Would be something to do with socks and static electricity, so the sock is sticking to you and going on a ride?
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.