This topic contains 265 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Joseph Cartwright Joseph Cartwright 5 years, 5 months ago.

Move the search function tool

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

I want to meet you two and the little one as well. you are just too much fun.

What was I on when I typed up that post? 

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

Definitely not just a tool. And, not a corporate tool either!

– “When I get a little money I buy books. If any is left over, I buy food and clothes.” – Erasmus

That’s a part of my job as the international man of mystery behind GirlCo. Their Charlie. Their Bosley. Their blame tool. (I’m OK with it.)

(Where is that search tool thingy I’ve supposedly moved? And what does it do?)

to say there was and to have someone look for it would be the equivalent of sending them on a Snipe hunt. And we all know what happens when you hunt Snipe…….

"What the hell is happening? I blew up the building. Why? Because you made a phone call."

your good.  Keep it up little Bro, you make me proud & envious!

they are Girlco doing their job.

I knew I was the good son. 

just type “Search Box” in the search box. It’ll pop right up. Guaranteed.

I’m so bad.

My Lil Bro!

our heads and accept him as he is!!!!

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

moving the search site box again.

"Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it." – Goethe

are talking about. There is no search thingy on this site. If there is, I would have seen it already, used it, and probably moved it once or twice just to confuse folks. (So knock it off, you two conspirators.)

you have to Search for the Search box. Oh wait a minute is that why it’s called that. NOW i get it.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (6060 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

moving the search site box!!!!  You know you’ll just get everyone confused again!!!!  Shaking me head!!!!!  Smoochies!

it’s them *smoochies* i would be worried about. hehe

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

And I was looking for a good reason to say spanky spoon. This seemed like an appropriate place–a “proper” context…

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (4000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

what forums are we in? not complaining, just checking in.

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

#i said it was on TOP of the stack over there——————->
    i could have used the ^, but then you would have said it wasn’t up there, it was over there….
    can’t win for losin’
    lol

http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

having larky
    these captcha words are really ………….. (click)

But the spanky spoon might be nice when I get home…

They’re just not public about it. See how respectful they are? (Gotta love ‘em! I do!)

That I would have went there too, if someone else had been foolish enough to open themselves up that way. Besides, it’s not like I could request any GirlCo intervention on JP.

"Official Mascot of GirlCo"

And I could never fault him for his art work! Just wouldn’t be proper. All the jest is truly in good fun!

Wolf good come back.

The direction this thread is going just so happens to lead to my "Happy Place".   

It’s not the size of tool that counts, it’s knowing how to use it. My tool, in particular, has been instrumental in the construction of 3 very fine and unique works of art.

I often do that. especially in the last 8 years.

True dat I Am, true dat.  Sometimes the rides can be scary though!

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

sometimes you just gotta sit back and enjoy the ride.

at all of you!!!!!!!!  What to do……?  I don’t know??????

"Well. I’ll tell you what. You gonna kick it with me. Or I’m gonna kick you out. What you think of that?" Sister Mary Clarence 

you know what they say about boys and their toys. without the girls around we would always have tools in hand. I was left at home one week and was so bored I repainted the living room and kitchen. Luckily the paint was already picked before.

But JP started it. 

I AM goes and sits in the corner. then mutters "Girlco RULES" 

Are we going to need a sexual harrassment class in this joint? ;)

–Gmork (MP, CA, WC, TG, MoGC, AAGC, PWTG, TBG)

play in your construction zone…

is he clearly set himself up for it. Purposeful innuendo on his part… But I have to be honest: I don’t know about the actual size of the hardware in question. Not my place to have details on another junkie’s toolbox. (Ahem…)

Surprised, i can see why Shadygirl sticks around.

there is no way I was going to say that. but I got your back brother, as long as I am not laughing 

Yes I did! (Are you proud of me?)

don’t get me wrong JP I am ROFLMAO. Innocent

when you work with a very small tool. One careless placement and it’s lost for months.

I’m very particular as to where I put my tool.      

I love it. thanks for the reminder. I happened on it once before but of course forgot right way.

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox again!  

and thanks for reminding me about the collapsability of the menus. I’d forgotten about that for some reason. My screen is much less busy now.

Please help to ensure that Dollhouse gets a full first season!! You can buy it on iTunes, watch it on Hulu, or watch it Friday nights 9/8C on Fox. Let’s make sure Joss doesn’t get fucked by Fox again!  

You don’t understand. I’M not locked in here with YOU. YOU’RE locked in here with ME. – Rorschach

is pointing at the Recent Flickr Pictures (on my little screen)… (Collapsable menus are sooooo cool.)

oh wait, see i left right over there————>
    on top of the stack

#

I didn’t have it last.

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

moved the "search site" tool.  Us women try to keep this place clean and tidy so we know where everything is and then the next thing we know…………

Just as soon as I figure out where you all want me to look, now it moved “up to the top of the right hand side of the page.” Still no search tool! I’m tired of this and will use the cool “Search Site” tool to help me track down the elusive Search Tool… (grin)

I AM not just junkie, I AM a pusher man (3000 and climbing) & I AM Sadocks Tangent Brother.

It gone up to the top of the right hand side of the page!

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

yes Treed you are right , this is a way of life. but it’s also a fun distraction at the same time from the real world.

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

Is there something we can use to search for him with?

Thank you, George Hrab, for composing and performing the acoustic version of brainsbodyboth. Humorous yet poignant, and you gave me a theme song. I miss Ally <sigh>

it is a way of LIFE!!
    come on dude, get with it

I lost a bit of work so have been on more often, I guess when I was on infrequently it seemed you were always here.

its a fun destraction

cool.

just not as frequent as in the past
    3-4 times a week i get here, not like in the past of being here everyday

where ya been?

see we need you to smack us back to sense. thanks.. 

and i don’t mean your junk

its just there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Im I a tool for being so dumb. 

Having mastered our skill of finding the search feature, we may stand a chance against the Snipe! *I thought posted this earlier?* Man am I losing it.*

"Chief informationless officer of the office of knows nothing" Any questions? :)

one person’s eyes is technology/science in someone else’s. 

he is on the move again. where did he go.

Wow, Sadock that is so deep.   

He kind of frowns on the whole supernatural thing.

So, according to Descartes, YES.

I don’t like beer. I like appletinis, they make me feel fancy. – Scrubs

G-Man

Petroleum jelly is not the kind for a sandwich

yes I know/believe them to all be on person but the search could be set to find them/him/her like the map harry had.

I’m a tool. And proud.

That way we just even if we do find it, it wont be there the following day. We could be Honing our hunting skills. :)

EXIST?????????

-You thought triangles were bad under your skin. Well, try a yak.-

haven’t you ever noticed they are never in the same place at the same time.

DUH!!! 

Innocent

Apparently not.

Why, do you have tool envy?

Laughing

a tool?

Where?

And I’m the proof. After all, Shadygirl married me. In spite of me. And then graciously bore my son. So placing soda into the culinary experience category ain’t nothin’… And I still respect you!

JC is voldemort, or more precisely, Voldemort is JC. One of his many aliases.

Or was that a baked herring?

Wouldn’t really know. Not much of a drinker myself. And I always quaff water like mad so I think I’ve had like 2 hangovers in my life.

Although it’s quite a stretch to place soda into the culinary/cultural experience category ;)

You prefer sticky ones? That’s a bit eccentric my friend, but MKINYK…….

Xerox machines are one thing, but sitting in a deep fryer?!?

I’m assuming they are less sticky/sweet……

It’s taking all my willpower not to discuss jus how much I miss the food in Hawaii … sigh

2005 i was in Hawaii, i was staying in a military cabin on the beach.

nothing like sunrise on the lanai

AAAh gotta love the Brother-In-Law

Of course I’m sure his friend Kilroy is around here somewhere…

I know this for a fact, because I used that “Search Site” thingy to look for one. Got nothing. This whole thing is pure fiction, probably posted here by Hutchinsss under an alias just to distract us from more important things. Hey! Now that I think about this, I’ve never seen Hutchinsss and Julie Andrews together in the same place at the same time. I think they’re actually the same person! Let’s go get his website, and post lots of stuff there!

You’re one of the few people I’ve ever known who will state they enjoy NC or WV for something that resembles a culinary or cultural experience.

he’s uttered the appropriate chant to invoke the Gmork. She’ll be along shortly, I’m sure. Everyone just behave and act like nothing’s going on…

Kentucky and Texas.  Can’t remember if it was in Iowa – probably because I would like to forget I ever lived there!!!!! 

What exactly is a search tool anyway? What is a search? Is it like, a sick lurch? Should it be spelt surch? In that case, is a search tool somebody that nobody likes and is a bit of a douche that limps around everywhere, spewing occasionally?

Yum!…?

steamed buns, in Hawaii they are called manapua. YUM

They are the absolute best!  Tongue outTongue outTongue out

sticky buns! NOM!!!

what the hell are we talking about here? Sticky buns?!

Some places its sticky, while in others its silky. ;)

Ski soda in Illinois. Supposed to be the ultimate hangover cure.

Sun-Drop!

I don’t think we have it in AZ. I always get psyched when we go to NC or WV because I can get Cheerwine. I got addicted to that when I went to high school in NC, but it isn’t sold most places in the US Cry

Have you found it yet?

where’s the damn search tool?

Give it a shot!

been on the shelves in America for at least 8 years!

I thought I was the only one that knew about it or them! Not sure if they/it are/is a hive mind entity or one just large webby entitiy? :)

Nutella on the shelf of my local grocery store this weekend! Now if I wasnt such a dweeb I might now what it was? I guess I’ll look it up on the interwebbernutella…..

Nutella is good. I also got a kick out of Coke Light.

I do not miss having to pay to use the WC, often pro-rated by #1 or #2, and being unable to get ice in my soda though.

for a second there, I thought you were going to say “nutella.” Strange, hu?

– It’s a cold world and this is life.

except rounder…..  :)

"Get off… the nuclear… warhead."

please wolf say it isn’t so. it will be around forev——————————————-<

Just a passing fad. Like telephones and automobiles.

oblongishly rectangular with a slightly irregular surface . Yeah you COULD say it looks like a triangle….. ;)

perhaps a triangle?

when i want to do a se

whose true name is bopbobbaloubop thats feeding off our life energies as we spend hours in front of the LCD/CRT veiwing, searching or chatting on the web. :p

"Interweb (sometimes interwebs, intarweb(s), or rendered in leet spellings as 1n73rw3b and other variations) is an malapropism used to indicate inexperience by intentionally and incorrectly merging the terms ‘Internet‘ and ‘World Wide Web‘. " Twowire, I would be offended if I were you!!!!!!!

localized websites of apps within corporate servers not having access to the world wide web? Wait that would be intraweb, sorry.  Hehee+5

the webernet!

Back to the drawing board. :(

you think junkie/techtards that cannot see the search

now, will ever figure that out? I love Ya, man but I think 

that is asking WAY TOO MUCH.

You would do a left Ctrl, right shift, F1 and down arrow combination all at the same time that will allow you to blog and write! :)

I’m gonna check out this "internet" thing and get back to you.

But then Twowire how would you be able to blog and write on the forums. 

Dude! 

You’re a farging genius! I would pay money for something like that! Maybe you could even make it so that it does this on your computer! (I hear they have the internet for computers now…)

What about a search tool that follows your cursor around so you will always know where its at when you need it! What do you think about that?

someone add a search tool to this site? Come on, how hard can it be?

sadock said HIPAA, he-he-he

to use HIPAA in a post on this site.

an assortment of very similar tees at Mental Floss. I’d also highly recommend a subscription. After all, it’s where knowledge junkies get their fix! (Yes, I’m a long-time subscriber.)

have you been reading my brain scans??

in today’s society, and it’s amusing as hell to watch the looks of consternation flicker across the faces of those who read the tee. It’s also not too bad of a litmus test to determine who’s got half a brain.

I’m gonna order myself one also!

Sam and I were chatting about it at lunch too. There’s numerous nuances in that simple phrase. Just finished ordering two. Here’s the best price I found online if you’re interested.

what the hell is wrong with spending pointless hours looking for an obscure comment left by a junkie who only posted once and you forgot their name?
    wedonneednostickingsearchtool…….

hey girlco, what do you thi………………(click)

I think I’ll have it put on a tee and see how many people ask "what does that mean?" Oh the Irony of it all, I love it!  :)

but it’s kind of hard to quantify. I’ll leave that to y’all koledge gradamacates :D

"Eschew Obfuscation"

I completely agree with Dan…there should be some linear formula that shows as the level of degree gets higher the ability to communicate in a normal social way becomes impossible.

But still, don’t hate me because I am educated Tongue out

Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! ~ Hoban "Wash" Washbourne –

Tongue out

You can call my post Self deprecating humor

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

Depends on what?

It depends what Eschew means.

• These gathering hosts of loyal junkies, under the command of the great SCOTT

Sadock, thanks for letting me know it is secret.

I will only pass it on to Die Hard Junkies. what is the limit 1000 CHs? 

Only *real* junkies know about it. Mums the word. Don’t tell anyone.

but she’s nice and toasty, so she’ll most likely forgive you for your insinuation sir.

wow there is a search tool. cool ….

the joke wasn’t wasted! Thanks you guys!

– Is it farther to work, or by bus?

that unlike the rest of the population, nobody can understand a word you say.

And you can’t remember where you left your car keys.

“One ping – one ping only” Captain Ramius

You rock JP!

I can never remember…..

This thread was priceless. Thank You.

Great reply Twowire!!!!! 

Bless you JP! :p

using the word “eschew.”

– Is it farther to work, or by bus?

is what I’m thinking going to cost me? 

WOOF, WOOF

It is a mathematical fact that fifty percent of all doctors graduate in the bottom half of their class.  ~Author Unknown

…but I like making moneyKiss

a psychological hooker? 

WOOF, WOOF

but I charge for them Tongue out

You’d better get those thoughts and images out of your head right NOW! 

WOOF, WOOF

is toasty!!!  And buttery too :)

And now that my  shiny teeth are back, the Horibbleness is amplified.  Please Mr (I’ll start calling you doctor when I see some credentials) Portland….let me examine you….mmmmmuuuuhahahahahaha!

:)

in toasty!!!!!

“Dr. Hamfrey Portland (Not Verified)” (if he’s actually a doctor…) can just send me what he’s looking for and I’ll do the search for him, package up the result, and e-mail him an exhaustive list along with other recommended search options. NOT! Listen “doctor”, register on the site and accept the extra .103 seconds it’ll take you to scroll to the search interface. If you register (and convince three friends to do the same), we might tolerate your pathetic whining, a little. (Oh, and dungeon masters don’t have levels…) Oh, and listen up, Dr. Fluff and Stuff: Gmork is also a doctor, but she doesn’t flaunt it. (She has a Ph.D. in horribleness.)

– “I’m risking my life, for people I hate, for reasons I don’t quite understand.” – Homer

If your a active Junkie you will know where the search box is located. That and you will know where most everything is anyway because you’ve been there !

next you’ll want the books read for you.  

WOOF, WOOF

human interaction with such a wide variety of cause and effects makes for an impossible number of outcomes, a few of which make for good sigler stories

were philosophers in the first place (both are logic based)
    did you know that Napolean was a fair mathematician?? he has a theorem named for him.

DesCartes (I think, therefore i am) was one of the greats in mathematics, you have him to thank for the "Cartesian" plane (graphs) and well as other things in set theory and such. Plato and Socrates were both. it has to do with organizing your thoughts and stretching the boundries of your minds (no wonder people used to think women couldn’t do mathematics, waits for the shoes and books to be thrown)
    on th esubject of women and mathematics, i actually believe women should be dominating the field, women as a group tend to look at things from more than one perspective, something you need to do to be truely great in mathematics.
    oops, i started rambling, laters#1

"In remission for 27 days. YeeHaw!"

Would you like to suckle from my zipple? … Zip it, zip it good! – Dr. Evil

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

Absolutely!  Also follow KEvin Smith on his MySpace & Facebook pages.  He’s pretty active on MySpace …well, there was a little delay as he was in the throes of making Zach & Miri, but he gives a lot of behind the scenes type updates. He also talks a lot about what’s going on in his personal life…everything from playing poker to when he’s had a satisfying BM.  Amazingly open and honest and down to earth.

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

Are you a SModcast listener?

Utinni!! Jawas shop Podiobooks.com for undiluted
     crack from our Future Dark Overlord. Utinni!!

the link didn’t work for me, but go on youtube and watch the red band trailer. I showed it to my mom and she was cracking up, which means that I might see it when it comes out on DVD.

G-Man

When life gives you lemons, make applesauce. -Angelica Pickles

Zack and MiriMake a Porno!  The adverts are brilliant … check out the official movie poster

Don’t blink. Blink and you’re dead. Don’t turn your back. Don’t look away. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

Assassins do it from behind

Sadock said “stifler!” Now we MUST break into a bunch of useless and lengthy banter about Stifler’s mother…

– “I don’t have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka.” -Dr. Horrible

isn’t it SOP for teachers to be the first to stifle ideas?(I think its in the handbook)  it’s their way of getting back at the masses for the lack of pay and respect we give them.

“Amid the action and reaction of so dense a swarm of humanity, every possible combination of events may be expected to take place, and many a little problem will be presented which may be striking and bizarre…” -Sherlock Holmes (from “The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle”) This kind of reminds me of the premise behind Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy.

will shut up now.

G-Man

shut up.

G-Man

just thought I’d post it for your moobiness (kinda like your highness…cept different)

Who’s a friend to the King of all the monkey’s?
    Who’s a pal to the duck who won’t fly south?
    Who’s the buddy of the Bible Quoting Aardvark?
    Who’s the chum of the cat inside your mouth?

He is a cow! It’s Mooby Cow!
    Oh sweet Bovine, our lives to you we vow!
    We want him now! That Mooby Cow!
    ‘Cause we’re all soldiers in the Mooby Troops, Ka-Pow!

Oh we’ll all have some loverly adventures
    with Surly and the Pat-Pat Monkey King!
    And with Enoch and Little Eddie Dentures!
    We’ll put smiles on the grumpies as we sing!

About that cow! Mooby the Cow!
    Who only moos when we beg and scream and shout!
    Master of Tao! Mooby the Cow!
    With only sacred enlightenedness allowed! 

god I love that movie, bring on more Buddy Christ!

so was he, like, kind of bipolar or maybe had multiple personalities? That sounds, like, way cool, dude.

this conversation we’ve been talking about.

Now that’s funny!

They fear me too.

philosphotician, who had a minor in mathosophy.

"I thought, therefore, I was."

That sounds more like philosophy than math to me. But history is *so* not my thing.

pommies licking your nose. 

That’s 100 for you, Wolf!

who really cares? Anyway, it reminded me of the time I saw a bulldog attain the ultimate goal of canines everywhere. He actually caught the car he was chasing. Although the car was going at a relatively slow speed, it didn’t work out so well for the shit for brains pooch, who discovered too late that as difficult as it is too bite into a moving tire, it is almost infinitely more difficult to disengage from said giant rubber toy.  

Woof, splat, woof splat, woof, splat, splat, splat, splat, splat, screech, "EEEEEWWW!!!

They always swerve. I think they fear me.

we way options to determine the the path that will give us the most favorable outcome.

and yes, it does distract me enough to get me off topic for a bit 

and JP, go play tag with the cars on the hiway

… it’s a movie quote!

I hate to own up to this but the 64 was my first computer! Then a TRS 80. When I went to college I bought a Commodor Colt! It had a 10meg hard drive, 5-1/4in floppy and a 14" monochrome monitor.

—"Deceive Inveigle Obfuscate" The Truth is Out There!—

Math quote: “Probability is the very guide of life.” -Cicero (106-43 B.C.) (Sadock: that’s how you shift treed’s attention away from the pointless silliness. Try it some time; it really works!)

Jawas look like cows!

Pretty lippy for a guy who was gone for so long…

I remember way back when we all got excited about the new Commodor 64. Couldn’t wait to get rid of our TIs. 

"+5 for me"

Isn’t the point of a forum to discuss things?!? That was my impression. Throw things out there and see what people thought. Idea stifler. And from a teacher no less….

this is just silly

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you thing it means.

—– He’s no good to me dead ——-

Freud wore a slip! I thought only EJ Hoover did…

inconceivable.

I agree.  But If you have a page full of posts the side bar menus are at the top and if you want to go back to them you have scroll all the way back up. (what can I say I’m lazy!) But you know what would be neat?  What if as you scroll down the side bar menus move also and always stay on screen as you scroll around. I’ve seen this on other sites, but dont know how much of a pain it would be for Pulsar, or if it could be added at all……any thoughts??

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows exactly where there is!

And they have to carbon date me! :) 

["No matter where you go, there you are"] – And Sigler always knows exactly where there is!

and a very effect use of th evil laugh!

Savvy….

i’m gonna borrow your evil laugh

>:)

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

I have a bit of freezer burn after the whole ordeal but I’m fine now, thanks!

Actually, when I think of the word "ergregious" it reminds me of Cap’t Jack Sparrow in his tirade at the end of the third installment of Pirates of the Caribbean.  Just please don’t start using "savvy" and I think I’ll be ok Wink

Unless we have a "smart" search tool, which I highly doubt, it won’t find those instances where we interpret people’s meanings. For instance, say Gmork’s nemesis pays a call on TwoWire, and I do a search for definitely. I doubt what I’m looking for is going to come up. Not a huge deal, but it could be annoying. 

One of those things that Arioch thinks about as he’s waking up/drifting off to sleep (not sure which). Yeah, yeah, I know. I think about these things too much. It just means the forums are important to me. Or something. But it definitely fits into the Garbage In Garbage Out category. Jeez, I learned that WAY back when learning to program on a TRS 80. How’s that for dating myself?

– hit Podiobooks.com for undiluted crack by our FDO! –

That’s frakkin’ absurdly hilarious, Wolf. Bonus points.

I loved the Jar Jar one. That was funny as hell.

at least everyone will know what egregious means though! Educate the Siglerites!! Woo Hoo!! 

not so much a spelling error as a Freudian slip. 

"+5 for me"

&*^*&%*^%&^%%$

That’s it…put a fork in me…I am so done.  My spelling errors have been egregious today (n8, "egregious" means really, really, blatantly bad).

GIGO? 

"+5 for me"

TechTurdsTongue out

It’s sort of an initiation or rite of passage for the newbies…

you have a freakishly superior memory, and are thoroughly familiar with all junkie postings on the site. You’re a veritable catalog of postings. You are the man, man! (God, I admire you.) But don’t back sadock up–it appears he’s asking for it to be moved and placed on the upper left side of the site–that is, right over the FDO’s large and powerful gourd.

I’m just sayin’, ya know? 

That’s how I found it.

"+5 for me"

…are you saying to do a search for the search site tool?????

Silly wolfy!

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

Grrrr…. I wish I would have known about the search function earlier.  But having it at the bottom does makes the new OJ learn their way around instead of just searching and never learning how this place works.

Just dew a search for it. 

"+5 for me"

that seems to be where more of the site tranportation is, so the site search in that column may make more sense

but I agree on top would be easier. BTW I knew there was one from the start… for me it is hard to miss.

[1st Dutch junkie] All that matters is getting my fix.

where it was for a long time either until I saw it by accident one day.  Now that I know where it is it’s fine but new users might miss it.  It is true that in general most sites have the search function somewhere near the top.  But since I’ve never designed a web page, I’m not sure how much trouble it would be to change it.

"Even crazy people sometimes base their fiction on an ounce of truth" -S. Sigler

I don’t mind it in the lower right corner, but having it at the top anywhere would be more helpful.

G-Man

Nine million terrorists in the world I gotta kill one with smaller feet than my sister. – John McClane

I’ve been a junkie for a long time and a forum user for a fair length of time. I didn’t even know we *had* a search tool until JP (Thank You, JP) pointed it out to me. I saw in another post (Andrews) that Scott asked why people weren’t using it:

http://www.scottsigler.com/node/1606#comment-21571

Others seemed to reply they didn’t know we had it either. I’d suggest you move it to the upper left somewhere. That’s where most sites put it if they have one. I know that’s where I go to look for one. Definitely don’t bury it in the lower right hand corner. It’s very counter intuitive to look down there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.