This topic contains 18 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of James Eager James Eager 4 years, 7 months ago.

More Space Submarine Fiction Plz

• Profile photo of James Eager
  • though there is room to take off on antoher plot if he wants to.
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
Profile photo of Scott "Big Fish" Pond

If Diane is travelling with you, putting on the Southern Bell routine and flashing the not-so-subtle hint of sweater puppies.

-Sci-FiGeek Version 2.0 – Bigger, better, stronger… and with improved green goo!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

I’m sure one could dream up tale upon tale of the hijinks that ensue while traveling between Margary Station and one of the Mushroom Farms. :-)

Yeah, Ish is always seeming to get “Space Dingy Action”…

“Damn, he’s good.”

-Sci-FiGeek Version 2.0 – Bigger, better, stronger… and with improved green goo!

Profile photo of Pons Matal

One of the orbitals in Nathan Lowells “A Traders Tale from The Golden Age of the Solar Clipper” ;p

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Twice Over!

Profile photo of Kevin Mest

When can I get some of that?

Profile photo of Wolf

to everything Sadock said.

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
Head Coach

Wabash Wolfpack

But I haven’t picked it up yet.

Have you plowed through it yet… satisfactory ending?

Profile photo of James Eager
  • Sergeant and Fire Team Leader, X-ray company, DOMREC. The Patchman – get your DOMREC patches from me! UNdead Knight! King Vampire of Vampire Corp for Sigler (VC4S)! Pusher once, and now Pusher twice.
  • Profile photo of Kevin Mest

psychic indeed! :-)

Check out Jack Campbell’s Lost Fleet series. It has a cryogenically frozen battle commander, faster than light warfare, and political intrigue.

Here’s some basic info on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Fleet

…based more on the human element than battle, aliens, and ray guns, check out Nathan Lowell’s “Golden Age of the Solar Clipper” series of podiobooks (soon to be published By Rydan Press).

It has more of a cruiser feel to it that submarine, but it is more of a sample of what shipboard life is like (I spent 8+ years in the navy, so his series struck a cord with me).

Sorry, it doesn’t match your criteria of “warfare,” but I found them to be engaging in a voyeur sort of way.

I wrote a review or it here: http://www.amazon.com/Quarter-Share-Nathan-Lowell/product-reviews/0982514549

Get his ‘Share series on iTunes or podiobooks.com

Profile photo of critter clark

All I can see is a giant meatball and cheese sandwich drifting through the cosmos. Time to adjust my meds. Again.

Profile photo of Joseph Cartwright

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Profile photo of James Eager
  • And the Looking Glass series.
  • Profile photo of Eric Mac Lean

I never met an Alien technology I didn’t like.

How about a sister ship to the Crypt called the Hurse.

She can transport the crew back and forth for some Red Shirt missions (trekys, Wink, wink)

If you do use the idea, I get dibbs on being captain!!

Profile photo of sadock

Had to comment simply so the Junkies would see this before it dropped off the bottom of the forum topics.

Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent Victim of GirlCo [flickr-photo:id=3727587091,size=s]

Profile photo of A Kovacs

There might be a little more CRYPT coming your way. Not warfare exactly, but more storyline for sure. Meet a few new recruits, see a bit more of the ship. You know. If you want.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dark Øverlord Media: we løve cøllateral damage.

Profile photo of Pieter Mans

So I really loved the tension in the Washington DC story line. It’s the most realistic, thoughtful and intense space navy battle stuff I’ve ever read. I want more. Alas, the FDO is busy writing about people stuffing footballs in each other’s eye sockets so I was wondering if anyone knew someone else who writes like this? I’ve checked out David Weber but it seems like he writes ships as if they were 18th century galleons (complete with solar sails) rather than submarines trying to find each other in the void between the stars.

So yeah, TL;DR: Where can I find another author who writes space submarine warfare like the FDO did in the Washington DC?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.