This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of scifiguy scifiguy 2 years, 10 months ago.

Meet-up in Kansas City or other Midwest city?

• Profile photo of scifiguy

Hey Junkies? If you’re like me and you live more the 6 hours from any of the West coast and East Coast Tour locations that were just announced, I’d like to hear from you!

I would like to organize a junkie meet-up in Kansas City. Why Kansas City? Well first, I’m being selfish as that is where I live. Second, it is kind of in the middle of the part of the country the tours are ignoring, so I thought it might be a good central location to build attendance.

Depending on interest (I’d like at least 80-100 to commit) I’d like to bring Scott out to KC for a reading, signing, and pub crawl. I’m envisioning something at one of the 2 Barnes and Noble locations in Overland Park, KS or possibly something organized with Rainy Day Books in Fairway, KS.

As Junkies, we would need to pay Scott’s travel fees (~$500 airfare, $125 x 2 nights hotel room, plus a per diem for a rental car and dining) and a speaking fee, say $250, putting a total “project” cost of around $1000 (any additional money would go towards boosting the speaking fee)

If you are interested please let me know. I don’t currently have any timeframes or deadlines and am still brainstorming this. The key is that there have to be enough Junkies interested to either share the cost or get another organization interested that can bear that burden…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.