This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Lyall Pearce Lyall Pearce 2 years, 10 months ago.

Latest iteration of Nocturnal

Whilst I have whined about the price of audiobooks in another post, Nocturnal, I would buy as an audiobook.

I hear about ebook and hardcover, is there going to be an unabridged audiobook too?

…Lyall

I love Nocturnal. And with 4 Nocturnal books, I can’t wait to read and listen to your rewrite.

Fred

I’d like to hear more about the Grand Park Slasher.

I’m relistening to the podcast right now and have put a few “FanFic” words down on paper about the Slasher. But it’s more for my own entertainment than anything else.

…can not wait for it to hit.

I love the origanal and I have faith the rerite will rock.

Cant wait for Nocturnal to be released. Which, BTW, when will that be??

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

Would love to see the re-write on my Kindle

Fred

I can do them with a different publisher, or A and I can publish sequels as Dark Overlord Media titles.

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

…again when Scott did his teaser reading at Balticon.

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

Scott,

Since you’re splitting Nocturnal what happens to the rest of the planned books in the seires should you not continue your deal with crown? Would you be able to do the sequels independantly or with a different publisher?

book, or 4 smaller books. Whatever, I’m a happy girl!
    [flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Damn you, FDO! You truly are the master of all time and dimension.

I’ll hafta get kickin on writing then.

As for submitting a storyline, Arioch is interested in finished stories. If you want to write it, hit him up on the TuesdayTerror page.

Who can get the title reference?

Thanx 4 the update Scott. Yea that’s a freakin huge book. Better to break it up. Hey I have a story line suggestion for a sequel. Do I send it to Arioch?

Not a Dark Øverlord release this time out.

As you heard it in the podcast, NOCTURNAL would have been about 800-900 pages. Crown, my publisher, doesn’t have faith that we can sell enough copies at that size. My editor at Crown, “Tha Shiv,” also had issues with too much going on in the story.

I felt that NOCTURNAL was basically a sprawling fantasy novel. It was heavily influenced by George R.R. Martin’s “Game of Thrones” series in structure and style. A “fantasy novel” that just happened to be set in modern day. Tha Shiv didn’t agree, and wanted a more streamlined thriller versoin of the book.

So, with his help I found a way to basically split the book in two. Which now means the series could be four books instead of the three I originally planned.

I’m busting my ass on this one, I hope you guys will dig it.

I hope there aren’t major differences. One thing I’d like to see is a bit more description of the underworld and ties to historical abductions/disappearances. Perhaps a how/why of the nocturnals abilities and physical traits.

Will this be a Dark Overlord Media release? The initial release was great. Can’t wait to reread.

Been a junkie since Earthcore.

#74 Iceman for the Krakens.

#227 The Rookie/#276 The Starter

Yes, there will be major changes. In the re-write now, and it’s a bitch.

was how it would be. So he’s whittling it down, making it more streamlined, etc. I hope he loses none of the biology, or better yet, adds more. I always love the hard science in his books.

I think he’s adding some characters

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

well probably gonna be like Ancestor cause he is making re-writes. I think he mentioned once that if he released it as in the original podcast it would be a very long book. 700+pages i think?

Is this version of Nocturnal being written going to have sublte or even major changes like the lastest version of Ancestor did?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.