This topic contains 3,662 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of DustyGhost DustyGhost 1 year, 10 months ago.

Last movie you saw

I saw a wonderful one. Safety not guaranteed. A wonderful time travel story sort of. It is everything that happens before the time travel part. It was quirky and unusual, very character driven. A wonderful movie.

Okay we have to make that 3 times now….within 12 days. I’m feeling kind of obsessive now.

The Divide

Survivors of a nuclear attack are grouped together for days in the basement of their apartment building, where fear and dwindling supplies wear away at their dynamic.

Avatar of Christopher P. Kearney

Cabin In The Woods…

Finally saw Blow. My stepson loaned it to me along with The Wrestler and Boondock Saints. I gonna get movied out this weekend! Blow was good, great cast.

I saw The Hunger Games….twice….within 6 days. And both times I made an absolute fool out of myself by dissolving into a blubbering idiot, you know that kind of blubbering I mean…shoulders shaking, reduced to hiccups, embarrassing yourself publicly kind.

The Bleeding House, could have been better but still quite entertaining

Just watched London Boulevard. Solid movie.

Saw Act of Valor this weekend. I loved it! I really liked the fact that the SEALs were not portrayed as impervious supermen and the bad guys were not portrayed as a bunch of brainless morons. The best line for me was “the worst part of growing old is no one sees you as dangerous anymore”. I can’t wait to own this on dvd.

Loved ACT OF VALOR. Saw it this weekend with my hubbie and while I thought there were a couple of dialog problems (that interrogation scene on the boat should have gone all Jack Bauer) the movie as a whole was stunning. I didn’t expect to be as affected by it as I was.
    And OMG, I want one of those swift boats. DID YOU SEE THE SIZE OF THOSE BULLETS?!?!? Those are badass.

Saw Act of Valor this past weekend. Awesome film!!!

Favorite part was the gentleman selling beer to the crowd before the criminals got hanged. Hilarious!

I’m in the middle of watching “Hang ‘Em High” starring Clint Eastwood and Inger Stevens.

The Woman in Black was solid. It produced by the UK Studio Hammer Films
    and was a cool throw back to classic horror. It may not have been very
    original but it was a solid horror experience.

We just got back from seeing The Woman in Black. Same scare over and over again. Quiet, dark, then suddenly a screaming face in the mirror, window, over the shoulder, etc. Save your money.

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Ghosts of Mars.

It was awful. And not funny awful. Just why does this exist awful. >_e

My wife and I saw The Grey last weekend. It was surprisingly entertaining. We are going to see The Lady In Black tonight with our son and his fiance’, it’s more fun watching her (my future daughter in law) jump and scream during a scary movie than the movie usually.

In theaters: The Artist. You wouldn’t expect to be entertained by a silent black-and-white movie but you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Via Netflix: the Millennium Trilogy. I wanted to see the whole Swedish trilogy and I watched all three over the course of a Saturday night/Sunday evening. I will warn you that the first movie is the darkest.

I apologize if I’m not really reviewing these movies, I prefer to recommend titles that I enjoyed, for whatever reason, and let others decide if they’re worth their time.

Anyone seen The Station Agent? If so what did you think of it?

Watched the tempest… very weird (of course, Its William Shakespeare you idiot!), Russell Brand is in its which gets a laugh or two and a few other fairly famous people. not really my cup of tea< ?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Not sure I even heard of Haywire. Guess it doesn’t matter cuz based on your review, I probably won’t be seeing it anyway. I still haven’t seen Red. I’ll have to put that on my Netflix queue.

The last movie I saw (in theaters) was Haywire. Crap film. The fight scenes are pretty good. But the film itself is slow, a lame hole-filled plot piece of junk. And it’s not really spoiler-ish, but she is on her revenge quest, but finds the time to get corn-rows put in. Ugh.

Outside the theater, the most recent movie I have seen was Red. Great movie! I read a blurb that a sequel will be coming in next August.

Took me forever to find this thread!!

The last movie I saw in the theater was Underworld: Awakening. If you’re a fan of the series, I think you’ll enjoy this entry. I really did! It made me want to go back and watch all the movies from the beginning! :)

Never gets old

The Books of Sigler that i Own: EarthCore(2005) | |Ancestor(2007) | | Infected | | Contagious | | Ancestor(2010) | | The Rookie | | The Starter | | The All-Pro | | Blood is Red | | Nocturnal (Pre-Order) | | {+ I bought a copy of all the above for my dad

Donald Pleasence … Tom Baker … I love sci-fi/horror B movies! Scientist expirements with crossing humans with plants using his students as guinea pigs. Lots of little people and Baker as the mutant tortured soul who kidnaps the students for Pleasence’s expirements … hello everyone. Happpy almost Wednesday!

Not bad, some funny lines. Good cast.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

gives me a headache.
    [flickr-photo:id=5069365035, size=m] [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

The Books of Sigler that i Own: EarthCore(2005) | |Ancestor(2007) | | Infected | | Contagious | | Ancestor(2010) | | The Rookie | | The Starter | | The All-Pro | | Blood is Red | | Nocturnal (Pre-Order) | | {+ I bought a copy of all the above for my dad

…this movie looks very good. I wonder if the FDO will ever do any western/alien stuff. I think Scott could come up with some cool sh_t**…

with Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall…just saw it again the other night. Awesome gun fight seen at the end of this movie.

The Change-Up = Hilarious

30 Minutes or Less = Awesomeness (Jesse Eisenberg as a lazy stoner, its totally worth it)

Rise of the Planet of the Apes = The BEST Planet of the Apes movie yet.

Bad Teacher = Cameron Diaz is still hot……..

Not so muched as fell asleep to. Exciting if you likes watching B&W CCTV for things to move. this one has a dog and a kid into the mix with inveitable results.

A franchise too far?

aka nilling – You Be Illin’

The long and short of it: this dude needs money for his fathers surgery. He pretends to be someone else and ends up in a very well paying roulette contest. Its no Christopher walken in Deer Hunter…. But its alright

“And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it’s a great escape escape……”

This was so much fun! I love the idea of looking at a campy slasher flick from the point of view of the “slashers”. I realize it didn’t gel in the reality dept. but it was so much fun I don’t care. I laughed my ass of and that’s alot of laughing!

If someone tries to kill you, you kill ‘em right back – Malcolm Reynolds

Man, I saw it and was blown away, no pun intended. Michael Parks is one dark and charismatic SOB. I was riveted by his performance. Too good!

[flickr-photo:id=5353037802,size=m] & Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Roldy playin beer pong is awesome

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

as too much action. Man there was a lot of stuff going on here.

[flickr-photo:id=5037197887,size=m] Wolfpack Quarterback

The Green Lantern. What a waste of 2 hours. I fell asleep during it so I went back and re-watched it the next day hoping that I missed something redeeming in it. NOT, so I guess it was actually more than 2 hours I wasted.

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

We watched that entire series not too long ago … Society has changed … LOL … LOVE those movies! Good call! Hope u got to watch em all!

I got the awesome opportunity to introduce two of my buddies to Dirty Harry.

God this movie is fuckin funny

in several locations in and around the city of Chicago, including the Loyola University Lakeshore campus while I was attending school there!! They took over much of the campus during filming and the actors were on super-secret lock-down! We barely got glimpses of them while they were there! Frown

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

I saw that movie a few years back but it was pretty good. I do like the premiss though

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

came out early 90′s, it was on my “movies you might like” picks, so i gave it a try. I really liked the idea of the movie… a few doctors/med students want know what happens after they die… is there really a white light? a voice? anything? so they kill and resuscitate themselves to find out…also a great cast

A wondreful movie

So i have these books: Ancestor (2007 Editions)(2) EarthCore (2005) Infected Contagious Ancestor (2010) The Rookie The Starter The All-Pro Blood is Red

i read your guys’ post on this movie, saw it on netflix and decided to give it a try… glad i did! i liked how several events were tied together in a sick “getting what you deserve” kind of way.

Couldn’t beat Basil Rathbone, Boris Karlofff & Bela Lugosi!! I love these old “scary” movies! And now I am sleepy, g’nite …

You do have a point, No Nazi Werewolf movies. I was surprised because I never even thought of that combination! So I goggled Nazi Werewolf and the only film that appeared is Rob Zombie’s “Werewolf Women of the SS” which I have never seen.

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

That ending just rubbed me the wrong way. I was disappointed!

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000…..NOCTURNAL (Rewrite) Byron Metz (as “Baldwin Metz,” medical examiner for San Francisco police)

[flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

I just saw Rise:Blood Hunter. It starred Lucy Liu, Michael Chicklis, Carla Gugino, and James D’Arcy. A fun movie if you can get past the total lack of vampire lore. Some gratuitous nudity from Lucy Liu. My favorite quote – “There are only two passions left, sex and murder, they are even better when combined”. Fun for Halloween.

The latest incarnation. As long as you can suspend disbelief and don’t try to analyze physics in movies its not too bad.

Never can complain about seeing Milla though.

—- I’m 6’3″ and 265, so if Sigler ever puts me in a book as some pussy Quarterback you’ll know why I eviscerated him.

Fighting, Action, blood, boobies… wasnt bad…

-Current Top 5-

Some Like it hot

The Count of Monte Cristo

Swing Time

The Departed

Life is Beautiful / La vita è bella

“Come follow me! Space Admiral DeRose. I am totally not a rogue pilot that commands the resistance’s naval forces.”

Big Money Rustlas, because Im a fan of insane clown posse. No, I don’t know how magnets work. The second one is Humancentaped 2. Humancentaped 2 will be the most hardcore wtf movies that you’ll ever see.
    Life is a lemon and I want my money back — meatloaf

…on Netflix streaming. This is such a departure for Kev, but this is EXACTLY the kind of movie he should do from now on. Mind-blowing tension, and as dark as a Lovecraft story. I highly recommend this flick to my fellow Junkies!

I am crazier than a padded room full of Charlie Mansons! Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

i love that movie

BlackShard Syndicate ShardBorn Forever!

kevin smith knocked this one out off the park. its amazing

BlackShard Syndicate ShardBorn Forever!

These guys are hysterical but the story line was just ok.

Trick ‘r Treat 2

this is a get together with friends and have some drinks Halloween movie. Nothing too scary, but enough that it gets you a bit tense here and there.
    Best example I can think of is Goosebumps for grown ups. Loved the hell out of it.
    Also, streamable on Netflix.

If you like different beers, I suggest giving Guinness Black Lager a try. Picked up a sixer today. Good, good stuff.

it’s not shooting for the stars, but it’s a great sit back and have some popcorn flick.
    I’ll have to catch it when it comes by the second run theater down the street.

a fantastic film, top to bottom.

I liked this one too, magneto was pretty bad ass

Did I mention that this was tons better than I thought it was gonnabe!

I saw it at the theater with Nick and it was just as good as a Redbox rental!

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

Meh… just reaffirmed my belief that poitics and all polititians are without integrity. Thanks for the downer, George Clooney.

Karl Urban, Paul Bettany, death, action & mayhem, evil disgusting vampires NOT ridiculous glittering or romanticized BS … what’s not to like?

“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein

it was nowhere near as bad as I thought it was gonnabe! Creeped me out! Plus they had me at zombie/demon monks! SERIOUSLY?! a math equation with the infinity symbol for Captcha?

Transformers 2 and was very disapointed.

Though it took them 3 f’n movies they finally got the fighting right and not all of that super close up business. It was a good fighting movie that I can see myself watching again…though I feel this is like a peanutbutter cup syndrome….YOU GOT YOUR LOVE STORY IN MY FIGHTING ROBOT MOVIE!!!! Oh i’ve seen a few reviews for the new movie with H. Jackman in it about the fighting robots and I can’t wait to see it!

Does someone go into the park and, uh… lift up the dinosaurs’ skirts?

It was apretty damn good movie. The story was a little eh, but the effects were nice. I enjoyed it. Also note it not in english so I hope subtitles don’t bother you….

It was recommended by a friend. One of the best movies I’ve seen lately.

just wonderin’ ;o) and is that recently this year? In the past month? Since yesterday?

Due to a misleading preview I was under the impression this would be a horror flick…so I suffered through some HORRENDOUS Daniel Craig acting. And just what did i get for it? A crappy ripoff of Shutter Island, even with one of the same actors for FDO’s sake! Now, I quite loved Shutter Island and if I wanted to watch that I would have. I hate Daniel Craig, I hate his tendency to switch between his dodgy American accent and his British accent, and I hated this movie.

This film did have 2 saving graces….Naomi Watts (even though her character is very disposable and pathetic), and I didn’t pay full price for the ticket.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

for The Mist is very different from Frank Darabont’s ending. You should read the novella.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo AND I’m [REDACTED]‘s [REDACTED]!!!!!. * *

You’ve spelled all these movie titles with letters from the same alphabet!

Dragon Hunters(animation)…..Law Abiding Citizen(action)…..Mummy Dragon Emperor(another sequel)…..Fast and Furious 2009(the fourth)…..The Bronx(classic)…..Dead & Breakfast(strange film)…..Cursed(werewolves)…..War Wolves(werewolves)…..Shrooms(strange film)…..Outpost(Nazis)…..Venom(snakes)…..Jumper(super powers)…..Push(super powers)…..Deep Rising(monster)…..Ginger Snaps(werewolves)…..Ginger Snaps Back(werewolves)…..Bad Moon(werewolves)…..The Bunker(Nazis)…..Solomon Kane(action)…..The Mist(terrible ending tanks Stephen King)…..Death at a Funeral(british version)…..Dead Snow(more Nazis)

I know it came out a long time ago, but that’s how Shady and I roll with our massive Netflix queue.

Real Steel it was pretty damn good for rock’em sock’em robots meets rocky and persuit of happiness I definately recommend this movie

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servant of The FDO

The wife made me watch that one as well, because, in her words, it was “so damn funny that you’ll piss yourself.”

And it wasn’t. No impressed at all.

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

…and I learned a valuable lesson. If you know ahead of time that there’s no real plot and just accept that, you can sit back and just enjoy the eye-candy. For what it was, it was a pretty good flick.

I am crazier than a padded room full of Charlie Mansons! Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

After the first 20 minutes I fell asleep! DAMN 3D nonsense ruined the film which would’ve been a decent film if it wasn’t for the special 3D effects. What can you do?

Something the wife wanted to see. I wasn’t impressed with it. No nearly as funny as They wanted you to believe.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] “Lundy is my agent, Q! He’s the man. He’ll tear the tongue out of anyone who gets in your way.”

and had to cover my eyes a few times. Surprised

are practically the same movie. I just happened to rent them on the same visit & watched them back to back.

as soon as i touched the case i thought better of it. I grabbed some yuengling and havnt thought twice about that decision =P

It was on SyFy channel yesterday. And I have to say, the movie royally sucks lol. But Jensen Ackles…I could watch him waiting for grass to grow and I really wouldn’t care. I went to see this piece of junk movie at the theater specifically to drool over him for a few hours, and I still don’t regret it lol.

Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

not impressed. Seemed like the whole movie was based around 3-D gags as opposed to…I dunno…story, acting, plot, lesser important shit like that.

The original one was awesome, though. Great horror flick.

and you passed on that purchase.

Always good, no matter how many times youve seen it.

Not horrible… i thought will ferrell did well playing a drunk in a movie with nowhere to go. I will say the subliminal advertising really caught me off gaurd. I was in the grocery store and i actually contemplated buying some pabst blue robbon for the first time since highschool…

Joe Satriani Playin the National Anthem

Before Sheen was all about the tiger blood

I liked him in that movie on a boat … with Tommy Lee Jones & Steven Segal … he was a bit crazy there though.

Could we possibly bring anymore attention to this topic??? Undecided

I used it on you here.

Being as you keep rubbing scrapple on me Cry

[REDACTED]

you’re not helping! Yell

But remember this was before he went bat shit crazy after crashing his motorcycle in the 90′s and splitting his skull open on the curb because he wasn’t wearing a helmet.

Was it any good? LOL … the Sandler one … was not that great.

The Bulletproof of 1996 With Damon Wayans, and Adam Sandler.

I think I may have seen it! With Damin Wayans? Or is that a different one?

I’ve never seen it before. It’s kinda old. I really liked it! It’s scary that THAT kind of chemical weapon is really out there!!!

an aire of mystery about me! Wink

[REDACTED]

Sealed <– You. This.

*opens mouth* Yum Yum

You’ve been [REDACTED]

I still love you shady!

*blows earwigs at shady*

With Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Seth Rogen, Bill Hader, whole lot more people

and my name is Paul…..

(my clock says 11:08am)

this Paul.

Everytime i look at this Thread i see my name a post down from my own post and it just freaks me out a little before i realize again

I’m your worst nightmare BUTTHORN!

Sean of the Dead … Pegg as Scottie … Hot Fuzzz … funny guys …

a little of this, a little of that… Wink

*rubs it on Shady and Bella* *steals crack from both*

just about ok. The kids loved it. I guess that’s all that matters right? Yell

We all want to know what you’ve been up to… Tongue out

Shady, do you have any scrapple left?

One of my all time favorite movies, from the director of Monty Python and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, and Erik The Viking. All great movies from one weird ass dude

One of the only movies based in the 80′s that i like

I really enjoyed it but I’m a big fan of Pegg and Frost, so I didn’t expect to not enjoy it. Kristin Wiig is freaking hilarious too!!!

as EVIL as Kali!!!

Hehehehe!!!

cuz you’re afraid I might use the spanky spoon on you! Tongue out

Wink

When a stranded young couple seeks refuge in a remote desert compound, they encounter a strange, Manson-like figure known as Preacher. He reluctantly allows them inside with orders to be gone by morning. While investigating faint screams coming from a dilapidated shed, the couple discovers they have stumbled upon a bizarre cult worshipping an entity that may — or may not — dwell inside a haunted little boy.

Sand Zombies!!

Tongue out

You take all the time you need Lil sister!

_______________________________________________ [flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Saw “Drive”

I want my time and money back….

_______________________________________________ [flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Still haven’t watched it…. I have a pretty busy weekend but I’ll try to squeeze it in. Embarassed

That also makes that last Heath Ledger move good … the oddness! Brad Pitt is funny in this movie.

Mostly for the reasons everyone thinks it’s so odd.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Good taste!

let’s face it … it’s an odd movie …

just haven’t watched it yet. On my “To do” list.

Ninjas, cowboys and trippiness!!! Loved it!

We thought it was horrible!!!!

but I gotta bitch about the only extra being an anti-smoking PSA. I am a non-smoker and seeing that just pissed me off

You are the menu! http://www.thedeadinfested.com

Thanks to a wonderfully awesome Junkie friend – I now own The Fifth Element! I’ve seen it dozens of times, just didn’t own it. It was Maeve’s first time watching and she thought it was fabulous! Girl’s got good taste!

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, Two-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

I actually had this in my hand at the video store last night, then changed my mind and put it back. Will have to check it out!

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

The one with Heath Ledger? If so, I thought halfway thru the movie that I might have ingested some drugs accidentally … trippy good movie …

seriously: watch this fucking movie.

We’ve had it from Netflix for a month or two now. Of course, only moments from hitting play I was invited to a G+ hangout with JP and Shady. Maybe another night!

Awesome Korean western. I highly recommend it.

——————– Villa Nandes Photo Blog

I saw the trailer for Dale & Tucker vs. Evil or Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. The trailer looked pee your pants funny but editing can make a crap sandwich look appetizing. Has anyone seen this yet and if so is it worth 90 minutes of my life.

pretty decent movie actually, seems a bit b level but all and all good story and good characters.. course it helps the lead girl is completely hot! And i couldn’t predict the end till it was right at it.. Thats an A+ for me with movies

i watch lots of movies and not just american ones… Dylan Dog was a refreshing look with the vamp and were worlds

when i was told that i had to see this movie that it was napoleon dynamite meets saw, i was sceptical… but it was a good movie =P

AWESOME FLICK! Not recommended to watch near sharp instruments. Rainn does not play the character from the Office at all. The movie was pitch dark with maybe a funny line or two in the beginning. The rest was gut wrenching violence and emotion. I can see how this did not make it to my local theater but now that it’s on DVD, get it!

Always like this.

Watched it on DVD. I liked it. Though i saw it in theaters so i knew i would.

A keeper!

*I am the Rear Admiral but Sigler gives the Orders*

I just saw Red State. Wow what a powerful movie! John Goodman and Michael Parks deliver characters that are just amazing. The movie is about religious fanaticism and also the abuse of governmental might. It is dark, twistedly funny, violent, and graphic. I really recommend it. I still can’t believe it’s a Kevin Smith movie, no Jay and Silent Bob sillyness in this. “It’s gonna get grown up in here” – Aben Cooper

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

Was it as awful as I’ve imagined it to be?

this weekend I watched “Source Code”, and “Brooklyn’s Finest”

I like source code, but the other was Meh…

I saw Dylan Dog, I thought it was pretty good although when i popped it i wasnt expecting an “A” movie. the Zombie humor is is great with his little sidekick.

from Netflix. Haven’t watched it yet but I’ll let you know when I do.

Great comic book movie! Reminiscent of the old George Reeves Superman TV shows on Nick at Nite. Thanks to Cap’, the Americans, good guys back then, were able to take out guys wielding fricken laser beams in Costco-size tanks armed only with patriotism & guns with infinite bullets.

There was just enough CGI to suspend disbelief instead of overwhelm. Excepting 1940’s laser guns, explosions and Hayley Atwell it could have been a ripped from the front lines of WWII. Well, if WWII had a PG-13 rating.

Always like this.

Avatar of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Were Dylan Dog (Dead of Night) and The Adjustment Bureau. Pretty good movies! Anybody else seen them? Been trying to find some fellow Dylan Dog fans, but I seem to have been the only one to have even heard of the movie.

“Clever girl.” ~Jurassic Park {GirlCo w/ dreads for Sigler}

Does this mean that you’ve been domesticated?

Doc

I only know everything if you ask the right questions.

Nice one, Bella!

If I was in the wild, I’d be giving you a sound that would let you know I’m about 3 seconds away from going full-bear on you if you do not take several steps back.

when you should have been home waiting for the mail to be delivered??? Hmmmm????

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

you should probably wait for it at Redbox.

…and hated it. With a passion. There were some seriously pretty bits and the fight scenes were spectacular, but the concept just turned my stomach. I couldn’t seem to shake the thought of what was going on in ‘real life’. (And yes, I understand that was probably the whole point. It’s just not a place I wanted to go).

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~ That Australian bitch with the stupid accent and all the subtlety of a splatterfart

Fright Night – wasn’t nearly as good as the original but I would have rented it.
    Cowboys and Aliens – Neat action movie with some decent acting, worth checking out when it goes dvd.
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes – pretty good, might have been great if I hadn’t known the original story and Movies. Changes the original storline but still good.
    Captain America – Great Captain America movie, and a good action flick. Not as good as Iron Man though.
    The Change Up – Ryan Reynolds film, had some funny lines but I wouldn’t rent.
    Friends With Benefits – Really funny, not a bad romance story going on in the backround and Mila Kunis semi naked for half the movie really helps!
    Super 8 – if i where 12 this would have been the shit! And I knew it was more of a ET or Goonies type thing going in. I still can’t wait for it to come out on BlueRay!
    Well those are the ones I can remember at the moment.
    [flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

Thank you Belladonna420. I stand corrected. The copy of REC2 I saw was dubbed and for the original REC I was too busy peeing my pants to notice what language they were using.

Always like this.

REC & REC 2 are Spanish language movies, not French.

* * Head Biker Babe & [flickr-photo:id=4891502501], Dead Sexy Dealer, The Juicer, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & Proud Member of GirlCo. * *

Ack, terrible. Laughably bad.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High! While bunkering down through Irene we watched Fast Times, it was a tv edit (suck) but it was still fun to revisit my youth, it was followed by Porkie’s but I didn’t make it through so I guess that does’nt count.

It’s all fun and games until the nukes start falling and the zombies start calling…

Well they are more 28 Day Later infected than real Night of the Living Dead zombies. REC was an excellent French movie and Quarantine is the rare better-than original American version.

Speaking of French zombies, the Horde (available on Netflix streaming) was pretty good too and features the best ‘man with machette vs 500 zombies’ fight ever. Plus you get zombies and French food at the same time. Now that’s culture.

Always like this.

I love zombie movies! I need to rent … thanx!

REC 2 was good but not as good as the first; more of the same locked in a building with ADHD zombies. To me the film took a bitter turn when they went into a stupid twist and the cause of the infection.

Quarantine 2 was total poo.

Always like this.

And I have no plans for tonight… Or at least, I didn’t! Thanks!

http://www.strangerthings.tv/episodes/101

Saw at the wkend with D and GFD. Found the CGI a bit OTT at times but really enjoyed this prequel. Made my GFD cry ;)

aka nilling

Actually, it has a plot. But it isn’t what you’re expecting. It is a very weird twist in that the main character isn’t the main character.

Doc

that way, a double shot won’t be impeded by any nasty chaser or flavor masker.

that made that boat haul ass across the water.

if you’ve got netflix streaming, check it out. This movie delivers.

Awesome movie! Not as confusing as Icneption but just as good.

I liked it until we got to the obviously beyond obvious lead in to a sequel at the very end….or sequel of the prequel which is also a prequel. Ow, my brain hurt. Do not mess with the affairs of monsters, for you are tasty and good with ketchup.

Enjoyed it a lot. The CGI apes were more believable than James Franco as a scientist. Fun movie. Well done.

M. Night Shot-his-wad

Running Back for the New Rodina Astronauts

If you’re looking for a visually stunning movie with no discernable plot what dso ever, then this is the movie for you!

She said that the boat moved very quickly with limp sails…

Doc

…………………………………………………into the boat!

is why I maintain that Stan Lee is an ass.

Doc

Shark attack movie from Australia. Done really well. Somewhere between Jaws and Open Water.

Carriers- movie about zombies.. I myself love me a good zombie movie, but this one has more substance than most of the zombie flicks out there.

FDO: The Crazies was a fantastic show & Timothy Olyphant = HOT!!

That sir is a brain stumper. The only reason I can think of at the moment if this could even qualify for a reason at all is that the slave girls must have been newly captured slaves. Anyways I just read “In a suit filed in the US District Court on Friday, Stan Lee Media demands 100 percent of the proceeds from the “Conan the Barbarian” film.” They are stating that it owns the rights to the action character. Stan Lee Media claims that, because the company was in bankruptcy at the time, it was not legally authorized by its shareholders to transfer any of its intellectual property. That’s just a crying shame.

I felt pretty much the same. The beginning was great! The ending – kinda disappointed.

Like you said though, I expected very little. And Maeve got a few good scares out of it. That’s the best part for both of us!

Timothy Olyphant was the star, and I’m a huge fan after watching his work in JUSTIFIED, but not even he could bail this one out. It began as a solid horror flick, consistent and interesting. He fights his ass off to save the woman he loves. Then in the final third of the film, he makes a habbit of “let’s split up to cover more territory” when it makes no sense at all — the woman he fought to save he now leaves alone and unguarded at least three times. The plot just unravels.

Still, it was way better than I expected. A lot of good work in there, although the sum of the parts is less than the hole of the donut.

I’m normally pretty forgiving with movies… I tend to always look for something to praise.

So here goes… ummm… well… OK! Got it! The rescued slave girls had very pert breasts… almost too pert for slave girls with no proper bra technology.

Other than that, it was a low grade action flip. Very disjointed.

Being a BIG Robert E. Howard, I have less forgiveness and am more critical of anything based on his works.

[flickr-photo:id=4872769926,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4872123139,size=m] • [flickr-photo:id=4933249630,size=m]

scottepond.com

is a bold statement…..who am I kidding,

Spy Kids: All the Time in the World opened at $11,644,672

Conan the Barbarian (2011) opened at $10,021,215

Fright Night (2011) opened at $7,714,388 this weekend.

So I’m disappointed to say more people saw Spy Kids of all movies instead of the other two remakes but all three had low opening weekends

Well….not this time anyway. But she doesn’t like orange juice.

A lot of potential that did not even come close to achieving it. Garbage.

Even the obligatory shots of topless females throughout didn’t make it passable. It was disjointed, contrite, cliche, and seemed as though a first time director was trying to make a summer blockbuster while trying to figure out which end of the camera to look into.

What a friggin’ disappointment.

scottepond.com

THEN you can watch the movie. :-p

My wife and I watched a movie last night called “Horsemen”. Dennis Quaid stars in it and he is a detective in the middle of a murder spree based on the mythology/dogma of the four horsemen of the apocolypse. A decent movie, not the best I’ve seen by far but entertaining.

haHA!! Yes!!
    Type of movie that reminds me of the stuff I’d see on Up All Night on USA way back in the day.

Kneel before Zod!

MasterBlaster run Bartertown!!!

Though I did pick up some White Russians yesterday. In a dark room it looks an awful lot like chocolate milk!

Remake – I liked it.

they sure dropped a steaming load with following that up with Beyond Thunderdome.

he almost shows some acting chops in that one.

Keep waiting for a time the kid is not around.

That’s actually been in my queue to watch since Kali mentioned it many moons ago Laughing

I keep trying to get the hubbie to watch it with me and he kept looking at me like I’m crazy but if it’s better than RoboGeisha then I think I might have the ammo to finally make him watch it with me!

(…and why am I not surprised that Kali already knew about RoboGeisha?!Tongue out Tank coversion FTW!)

that movie was batshit crazy.

BOOSH!!! I know what I’ll be watching tonight.
    Have you checked out Tokyo Gore Police?

My hubbie and I got toegther with a couple friends this past weekend and it was late at night.. we were bored … and Netflix instant was available.

Idle hands are truly those of the devil because we trolled the instant films for what we thought would be the most ridiculously B-movie we could find. Well, that movie was Robo-Geisha! A Japanese (dubbed into English) film, that had surprisingly stunning production values — lighting and scenery were artful and gorgeous — but omg…the plot! It was crazy awesome. I totally didn’t see the end coming. This movie was so ridiculous that the bunch of us ended turning it off. But the next day, the hubbie and I just HAD to know how it ended. So we watched the last 39 minutes (it’s unsually long) and I would have never guessed how it would end.

If you’re looking to waste a couple of hours on a bad flick…like blood, fighting, robots and Geishas…. then give this one a look.

Very good movie. My biggest complaint was the lack of full frontal Olivia Wilde.

Doc

The original. The remake has a lot of awesome it’ll have to live up to.

such a horribly awesome movie.

I suggest giving Hell House a read, too.

First time watching the old Christopher Reeves Superman movie all the way through (i’ve seen most of it just in various parts and out of sequence, but never the whole movie at one time). For the most part a great movie.

just saw it today with my daughter and nephew. The escape from Gringotts was epic, (a lot more action than the book had) but how did Griphook get back up top so quick!

You think things are rough in the GFL? Try being a dwarf in turtle armor riding a 7 ton t-Rex into a death match.

translation: I loved it

I will look this book up and give it a try.

it wasnt the last movie i saw, but I’ve been looking for it all week and it’s been on my mind… I think the last movie I saw was a redbox rental… RANGO ! I liked it. it was right up my alley… I laughed a lotLaughing

and imagry kinda reminded me of japanese horror. I would recomend it

I just saw a thing on tv about the CGI… I gotta get to the theater… maybe today :)

only two weeks late… I wish I could consolidate all the social media sites… on my phone AND compy… I mean, I know it’s possible… I just . . . I has lame

I wish I had a tummy mouth too

different… was that another graphic novel made into a movie? I kinda got that feeling… maybe if i were a bigger comic book fan… I like the music too

super suprised at how good it was.

One of the view times I caught the movie before the book. I didn’t think the movie was that bad – not great, not a waste of time. A few plot holes, but nothing worth getting all bothered about.

I read the book a short time after seeing the movie. Not only did I love the book, it suddenly made me like the movie a whole lot less.

:o)

Tho the one where he plays twins … come on! ;o) LOL

it’s impossible to find a better JCVD flick.

it’s fun start to finish. I can’t believe it got such a negative review when it first came out.

Love that movie. Great soundtrack too!

YES! In the film there was a scene that I did jump a little. I believe they have slightly changed the genre of house horrors. I was even partially on the edge of my seat. Oh if you decide to watch the movie, what a twist at the end!

a family who shortly after moving discovers that dark spirits have possessed their home and that their son has inexplicably fallen into a coma. Trying to escape the haunting and save their son, they move again only to realize that it wasn’t their house that was haunted

How radical a departure is it from the original?

Doc

The Run Down, DOOM, Walking Tall, The Game Plan, SK … Just to name a few from my library … Laugh all u want but I think he’s a good action star and funny.

So we’re gonna see is this week :o)

I ain’t falling for that same gimmick, no way.

“you had to be there” moment.

I can’t believe your curiosity hasn’t gotten the better of you yet! Undecided

I liked it. Awesome CG work on the apes.

At the time I had a choice between getting the two Mummy movies and the Scorpion King or all three Mummy movies. We went with the three Mummy movies because we hadn’t, at that point, seen the third one. We absolutely should have gone with the Scorpion King. I enjoyed that movie.

say what you want, but The Rock isn’t a bad actor.

I don’t know what three-way Kali’s talking about.

I think she’s confusing this with the movie The Dominatrix.

damn…the last time i went to the movies was when “machete” came out…though it kicked ass, that was the last 1 i saw…the last movie i watched at home was….”ernest goes to camp” i think…or it was a cheese horror movie….its been a while since i actually sat down and watched a movie

Is the fucking what for the three-way or for seeing The Matrix for the first time?

much better than reviews had lead me to believe.

(I didn’t want to feel left out)
    but seriously…

FUCKIN’ WHAT?!?!?

Went to see this with GFD as it was her choice. Knew very little about it tbh but a proper lol film; I must like ‘toilet’ jokes ;)

aka nilling

My wife is the one who gets sick when watching 3D movies.

Doc

Give me enough notice to plan for the small one and I am so there!!

I don’t get enough time during the week to spend with my love, so weekends are for her. She gets all of me!

[flickr-photo:id=3383210176,size=m]
    Head Coach, Wabash Wolfpack

[flickr-photo:id=6000412196,size=m]

Husband of Susan, Friend of Junkies everywhere

You know I had to! Tongue out

I love watching how they continue to push the limits on effects and CGI. This one did not disappoint, either in the action, effects, or story department. Watched in in 3D and would recommend everyone see it in 3d (except you folks who get sick with 3d)…

scottepond.com

scottepond.com

LOL!! Good times!! Looking forward to the next Junkie Movie Night! Laughing

Actualy, I don’t need an excuse. I like that flick.
    Ve veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

Watched The Matrix for the first time (What?!?!? Shut up!)

A bunch of us watched the movie simutaneously while using the Google+ Hangout feature. I really dug the movie both for content and visual effects. It’s impressive how good this movie looks for being 10+ yrs old.

Thanks to all the Junkies that hungout and made this an event!

……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

It was a very good movie i think Ford still has some good years left in him and makes a reat cowboy craig what can i say he is beast in this movie

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Fun movie … loved the cliches … action was decent … actors were good … we enjoyed it.

300, Batman (7 movies), Blade (3 movies), Bulletproof Monk, Constantine, Daredevil, Elektra, Fantastic 4 and sequel, Hellboy and sequel, Ironman (2 of), Sin City, V for Vendetta, Watchmen, 5 X-Men Movies, 2 Hulk Movies, Thor, Captain America (several movies), Green Lantern, Punisher (3 movies), Indiana Jones (so many films), Barb Wire, The Flash, Superman, Road to Perdition, and the list goes on and on.

I don’t believe you, there has to be something amongst all of them that you liked. I will give you Judge Dredd though. The Stallone version of that sucked so much balls it was scary!

– Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

I kinda liked it. And some of the songs on the soundtrack kick ass.

My son and I went to see Serenity 6 times when it played in theaters, it was that good!

We still watch the DVd twice a year or so and the Firefly episodes as well. Big Damn Movie!

Super 8 was alright, more of a kids movie. Expected a little more of JJ and Spielberg.

Dog Soldiers is the best werewolf film! American werewolf in London comes close.

Finally saw Red Riding Hood, interesting version of the fairy tale & would see again.

In the end they’re all just love stories.

You think things are rough in the GFL? Try being a dwarf in turtle armor riding a 7 ton t-Rex into a death match.

It was better than I anticipated. Some parts made me a little bit motion sick, but ultimately it kept me entertained until the end which is what matters. I was not disappointed even though Bradley Cooper is not the best leading actor, but he did well and fit the part.

Me and my roommate have debated renting this since it came to DVD. it’s like the last movie we haven’t seen … Every once in awhile one of us will get desperate and talk about renting it again but so far we’ve steered clear. Thanx for the review. :o)

I liked the non stop action of the movie, and I do like a good invasion story. It is the shakey camera work that gives me a headach to watch. But still a good movie

Simplest answer? I was bored. I’m not overly fond of Russell Crowe as an actor. He has good movies and bad movies, but he’s never been one that I’ve had to see a movie just because he was in it. Maybe that played a part. I generally like Cate Blanchett, but she made absolutely no impression on me whatsoever in this movie. I can’t say I had a clue who anyone else in the film even was.

I had to go to the bathroom at one point and normally I’m a “I’ll pee my pants before I leave a movie” kind of girl. I went to the bathroom right before what I was expecting to be a big battle scene (should be a tense, exciting moment, right?) and along with going to the bathroom I checked my FB stream, Twitter stream, G+ stream, got some water, cleaned up the counter a bit in the kitchen – and then went back to the movie.

I’m not quite certain what I expected, but that wasn’t it. Perhaps it was the fact that it was not the “real” storyline, but I’ve seen other movies where it was a different vision on an old tale. I feel I do a good job going in with an open-mind, not expecting it to mirror what I expect (if that makes sense) and I see if I like it as a stand-alone or not.

I think the most notable thing about trying to decide whether I liked it or disliked it is that I just don’t care enough to give it the thought.

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

But I actually have to drive 3 minutes to get there, so we never go. Tongue out

The Pure Essence of Randomness, Captain of the Touchback, One-Time Pusher and Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

Thats the third one. I liked the series in audiobook and movie form. When you look back from the newest movies you notice how much the actors have grown.

1 – Fantastic 4 and the sequel were ok. I admit to the dollar redbox vs seeing them in the theater but they were ok. 2 – Spiderman – I only saw the first one … No diss to the super hero but I do NOT find anything appealing about the actor. So I can’t speak for any sequels but I thought the original movie woulda been great with a better hero. 3 – Ironman – liked them both. Own them both. 4 – Daredevil – not memorable but I was ok renting it and it spawned a spinoff. 5 – Elektra – Daredevil’s spinoff was ok and worth a rental fee. 6 – Batman – I own them all. Of course the last two are my favorites but I like them all very much including the tv show with Adam West! 7 – Hulk – which one? TV series or the one with Eric Bana? I’ve seen both and would probably re-watch either. The movie had some interesting supporting actors. 8 – Watchmen was also an ok rental. 9 – I’ll add one … Hellboy and it’s sequel … I own them both. 10 – OK I’ll add one more – The Walking Dead – LOVED IT! … I think I like comic remakes … I realize I’m not gonna love them all but it’s nice to see them realized in live action!

they sooooooo suck, Captain America is looking to be a complete fail also, for those who don’t agree let me list them:

1. Fantastic 4 (AND THEY MADE A FRICKING SEQUAL!!)

2. Spiderman (Sorry but fail, they did a couple which were okay but now they are doing another which makes no sence to the original story??? WHY!!!)

3. Ironman, they could have done so much better

4. That one with Ben Afleck, fail, instant fail.

5.That one that was the sequal without Ben Afleck but with that hot woman…… again FAIL!!

6. Batman, Adam West RAWKS! Nuff Said

7. Hulk, Wha?

I could go on……

The best remake of a comic, Watchmen, the end

There is comedy, and romance, and enough shield usage in great combat to make anyones testosterone come to a boil

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servant of The FDO

Zzzzzzzz. I wanted to get scared to death not bored to sleep!!

I love these old Roger Corman classics especially on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Vincent Price is so creepy.

SAVE ME!

Not as good as the first but good it a differnt light

I jest

I loved it – which one is next???? I need to cacth up and I have plenty of time to do that.

1954′s “Return to Treasure Island” with Tab Hunter.

old Skool!

so forgettable that I don’t even rememebr what it as called. She was head chef and inherited a daughter after her sister passed – blah blah. Very dull. Why can I never turn off a film even if it’s bad?

Cried just as much as I did during the book. I loved it, it will truly be sad not to have any more movies to look forward to. But I have to agree about the ending…they turned a great epilogue into something really corny. It just came across as weird when it was such a great part of the book. And it had such an easy solution…different actors, you can’t make a 19 year old look almost 40 without it being odd.

I think Family Video is the only brick & mortar DVD rental place left in my area… and I think I’ve only ever gone there to rent video games for my nephew.

I keep thinking I might pop over. They are always running lots of cool promos to get new members. Currently your first months rentals are free if you sign up! We’ll have to see how the weekend goes.

it’s not available for streaming on Netflix. You’ll have to rent the DVD…

I’ll give it a try. I’ll probably be working while I watch; doesn’t sound like I’ll have to worry too much about missing something? I multi-task really well.

because for some unknown reason, it sorta reminded ME of Minority Report too!

And it’s definitely on the bloody side!!

I wanted to see this when I first saw the trailers. My roommate saw it and said it was on the bloody side. I like JL and FW and LS! Something about the trailer reminded me of Minority Report (nothing really in common so IDK why) but I do wannna rent it! … Happy Friday TTFN

I wasn’t planning on watching this movie. It was starting as I was getting ready for bed. But after watching the 1st few minutes, I was hooked. Not a fantastic movie, but one I think other Junkies might enjoy – a shoot-em-up with lots of blood and gore. Laughing

Premise: In the not-too-distant future, artificial organs are readily available to anybody with a credit card. But what happens if a buyer falls delinquent on his payments?

Main Character Voice-over: “My job is simple. Can’t pay for your car, the bank takes it back. Can’t pay for your house, the bank takes it back. Can’t pay for your liver, well, that’s where I come in.”

Both were worth the Redbox fee.

But if I am correct, they are (or were) planning on making all of the stories in the collection; this was just the first. It was actually a combination of Book of Blood and Road to Jerusalem with some new stuff thrown in the middle to tie it all together.

Though I like Clive Barker, it actually only ended up in my queue because I was searching Jonas Armstrong. I shouldn’t explain how much I enjoy the BBC Robin Hood series he starred in, and a great deal of the reason I like the series so much is him. I wanted to find other things he was in and that’s what came up! Glad it did too, ended up with a good writer and a good actor all in the same movie!

It was a good’un!

If you don’t like this movie, you just don’t like good movies.

They made a movie out of that? I thought that was a short story collection, (but then again, The Midnight Meat Train was a short story, and they turned that into a full length movie).

…as I watched a part of my childhood die. First the end of the books, but i could deal with that, tellingmyself ‘there are still the movies’, but now what??? And stuff all the people talking about how they didnt like the ending… they just dont want other people to know they cried themselves to sleep after watching it…

And the rate at which I watch movies, chances are I may forget by the time I actually do see the film.

I haven’t seen it yet. Undecided

It’s the end of an era! I watched those kids grow up for god’s sake! When part two hits itunes, I’m buying it and part one and marathoning that shit!

Cried like a baby! Cry

I loved Harry Potter seven!! I cried! such a great ending!

I liked it. Intriguing concept, good acting, some sex/nudity (not for the kiddies!), but nothing gratuitous. I gave it 4 stars on Netflix.

It’s a good thing I already saw this movie or I’d be pissed off at the little SPOILER bombshell you just dropped there!! Undecided

It was a good way to end the movie franchise. I actually cried a little when IronHide died.

There were two Transformer series that precided the M.B. movies. Beast Wars and Beast Machines. If any of you are writers please check them out. They bring together the tv series with the animated movie. It rocked.

The Irishman from Ohio

Insidious – seen it before, previously guessed the ending too early but it was a decent scary movie. Red Riding Hood – good rendition of the fairy tale, guessed the ending too soon but I liked it. The Rite – exorcist movies creep me out! I liked it … made me jump a couple times. Three somewhat supposedly scary movies that didn’t suck.

Peter Cullen, the original Optimus (and Ironhide) plays Optimus. Hugo Weaving again as Megatron, Leonard Nimoy is there too then throw in John Malkovich and that cast is at least as good.
    I just didn’t think the original 80′s one was all that good either, not compared to Bays 3. The same themes can be seen in Bays compared to the original, I just think Bay handled them better. I will admit though that the mystical ending to #2 was a bit off, just didn’t really gel for me but they had backed themselves into a corner and that was possibly the only way out

Don’t know why this got such bad reviews, I thought it was great for what it was, an action movie. It didn’t try to pretend it was anything else. It seemed like a mash-up of Blackhawk Down and Independence Day.

I had realllllly low expectations … It exceeded them in a positive way.

for an action movie with big robots in it sure decent movie but for a transformers movie….plz Michael Bay needs to just give it up should have gave it up before he made the first one….ifyou want ot see a transformers movie check out the 1980′s Transformers anime movie my studio Toei Animation awesome cell animation and great story showing the fall of a larger than life hero against his larger than life villian counter part and the rise of a hero in the most dire time for his people, also voice cast is absolutely amazing This is the last movie Orson Welles every did before he died and he plays Unicron, you also got leonard Nemoy as galvatron, heck unsolved mysteries host Robert Stack Plays Ultra Magnus, compare the actors in the new michael bay movies to this 20+ year old anime and wait there is no comparison….

A Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

Wow, great movie. The dialog took a bit of mental translating, but I expect that it was period-accurate.

Overall, weird and crappy. When you can guess the most major plot revelation in the whole thing in just 20 minutes its just a dumb movie. Then it gets weird at the end until they completely contradict everything they already told you.

… and can positively confirm that it is a beter use of time than watching Ghost Rider.

And now I know why I can’t stand Nicholas Cage…its Nicholas Cage! It was just stupid and I could have spent that 2 hours better by picking my nose.

I fell asleep half way thru.

I’ve seen all 3 subtitled and dubbed in english … and read the books. I felt the girl was too normal when I saw the first one but she grew on me. I thought they were cast well. I liked all three.

It was OK … yes there were plenty of lens flares …

And i must say that i had a hard time enjoying it.

I am watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

“To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom” B.Russell

That was a great movie!!

You know the one. She should be ashamed.

And so should you :P

I don’t know – it might have possibilities! Laughing

First midnight show is always fun! Didn’t see any autobots :( that woulda been great! I think the biggest “dress up” draw was the last PotC there were a TON of pirates and wenches.

Just recently watched the Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Transformers 3) film in theaters last night. No Megan Fox GOOD riddance! Oh and one more thing is that one of my buddies who was there went as a Autobot. The costume had Shoulder armor, a helmet, a mini-gun, etc. Made out of cardboard and aluminium foil. Production and assembly took 10 minutes……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

That we are watching Victor/Victoria (for about the 100th time) and the Sound of Music this weekend? Tongue out

Now I have to protect you from Kali and Bella! I’m not ready to fight them off!

That’s right…I said it! We watched Julie Andrews and LOVED it! Cool

(Excuse while I duck and hide from the lightning storm that is sure to fall upon me…)

I didn’t know much about the comic either but I liked the movie well enough :o)

I have The Rescuers Down Under on VHS and I believe this was a decent movie back in its day. In this movie theres a very large golden eagle, saltwater crocodiles, and a evil poacher that owns a pet goanna lizard……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

I was a fan of the cartoon, and I liked the first 2 X-Men movies a lot. This one is worth seeing. Agreed on the acting, those two are great together.

I’m a die hard Firefly fan but I went into this flic expecting something different. It’s not by the same team and the original series so you can’t judge it by series standards. I personally think it is an outstanding film and I whole heartedly recommend it to one and all.

… but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and pleased with what they were able to do with such a large volunteer base, limited funds, and a ton of love for the show.

While there were definitely areas for improvement, as with most fan films (there were several portions of the film that had some sound issues… I remember the bar or restaurant scene with the lovely captain as an example… was really tough to hear her in parts of that scene), it was one of the best fan-films I’ve seen in a long time (this I base off from the several dozen Doctor Who and Star Trek fan films I had the chance to view in the 90′s, of which there was only one I can recall as having quality approaching this level).

In the fan flick category, I would definitely give it a B+ or an A–. Given that it is a fan film, it’s tough to compare it to the “real” series (please pardon the expression), especially given that it had different characters and occupied a different portion of the ‘verse… but I can see where you are coming from. Expectations, like perception, has a big part in how we evaluate these types of things…

For me, though, i thought it was great… and it actually exceeded my expectations and my general experience with most fan films.

Good way to get caught up on all the good stuff.

I’m a bit behind in movies. Next up, The Rescuers, Down Under!

I thought Green Lantern was an entertaining story. Then again, I’m not steeped in the comic book canon, so I don’t know how much it may have diverged.

Doc

:o)

I finally went to the cinema to see this one and I loved it! Probably because I know nothing about the canon of these superheroes, but I thought James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender did some stunning acting.

While a few of us volunteers are making it out to difference Sci-fi conventions to sell the movie, the primary place to get it is through the movie website (http://browncoatsmovie.com/). Just a reminder to people new to the project… the movie was created and is being distributed by a 503(c) non profit. All proceeds are going to five charities that are supported by the original cast of Firefly/Serenity.

Now I cannot read your reviews until I donate & see for myself … Is the official website the only place you can get it? I didnt see it on amazon. Thank you!

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

Bad Teacher, 1 of the funniest movies I’ve seen in a long time, especially when you throw in Justin Timberlakes epic piss take of himself!

I don’t wanna read any farther in case of spoilers.

BROWNCOATS as in Joss Whedon’s Firefly?

There’s something after Serenity????

Did I misunderstand? How did I miss this. I loved Firefly!!

I am gonna go Google cuz I can’t wait … … hope hope hope … I mean what else can Browncoat relate to? :o)

Those are available with the updated sound as well.

….a free Blu-ray player thrown in with the TV I just bought. I kind of doubt Blu-ray will make much difference with Redemption, but you never know.

I can only make one person happy each day. Sorry, today’s not your day. Tomorrow’s not looking so good either.

Great flick, top to bottom. I don’t think this got enough love when it came out.

…that knowning your penchant for perfect audio, that I’d like to send you the remastered version with the corrected audio and seee if that makes the viewing experience better for you. I’ve been listening back on some old podcasts and my God, bad audio is distracting. I never realized how distracting it can be. I’ll email offline for details regarding the DVD Smile

……..you mean by “I’d love to get a remastered version in your hands to see if that changes your experience any” so please let me know what to do/what you need. You are absolutely correct; I evaluated it as an “A” film, not a “B” movie.

Did they remaster the video at all? One of the things that made it obvious Browncoats: Redemption was done on a shoestring budget was that y’all did not put it through whatever the final finishing process is for Hollywood films. I’d guess you’ve watched bonus features on Hollywood DVDs that look similar to the original Browncoat DVD, but when you compare that to the actual film, there’s a huge difference.

If you haven’t already done so, you *really* need to harass your webmaster to fix those glaring errors on the site. That alone precludes me ordering through there. I see that and say to myself: “Really? They’re taking pre-orders for something that ships in April 2011. These folks’ heart may be in the right place, but I question their competence. I don’t think I’ll be trusting my $$$ via this medium.” I know it’s a total PITA to keep up with everything when you’ve got a large group project that is 100% volunteers, but you have to realize that the website is likely the first impression most prospective donors are going to get of the organization. If I didn’t know you and had gone to that site as is, I doubt I would ever go back. So sick some of the Gutter Sistren™ on that whoever’s responsible for keeping your website up to date. They’re making your organization look incompetent and their failure is having a negative impact on your stated mission. At least I think so.

Couple of thoughts…

Obviously this movie is close to my heart .. being as Mr Gmork is in it and all .. but with this disclaimer I must say that your feedback is welcome. Considering this fan film was put together completely with volunteers for about $30,000, the end product is something we proud of. That reviews, both yours and previous ones, treat it like a big budget film is both exciting and humbling. No one was paid in for this volunteer effort, in fact some of the actors had to get SAG waivers just to work on it. The idea was to make the impossible happen – another film in the the Browncoats verse – and in the process raise money for charities supported by the main cast of the original series.

The pros: The original cast of the series have given us a great deal of support with the actors playing Niska, Fanti & Mingo, and Jayne (yes, THE Adam Baldwin) were kind enough to do cameos. The special effects are also done by the original F/X house from the series – also donated efforts. Marian Call, who is an up and coming geek musician, donated one of her most beautiful, original songs for the closing credits. The movie has an original storyline that shows there are viable stories to be told in the verse.

The Cons: The original version definitely had an audio issue which I, for one, was disappointed by (and being the audiophile you are sadock, I could see how this may have been distracting). There could have also been a few more close ups on the actors faces and other angles but that’s the trappings of having a first time director.

The Good: The remastered version, which fixes the audio issue, is now out on the street as of this past weekend (I know cause I helped pack ‘em). You can’t even imagine the difficulty of mass producing a DVD. The remastered version was supposed to be ready in April but production house issues caused a delay until June. I don’t know why it isn’t a simpler process but there we are. I’d love to get a remastered version in your hands to see if that changes your experience any… let me know if you’re interested.

The Exceptional: This effort to date has raised over $60,000 for five charities. For some of them, that’s a life changing amount.

All I can say is that I am happy you gave it a chance and that you supported the effort of both the charities and independent film making. If Scott has taught us anything, it’s that in some instances we’ll only get the stories that we want told if we make them ourselves.

Jam & I both grabbed copies there. Here’s their website: http://browncoatsmovie.com/

Although I must say I’d be a bit leery about going through there. It’s horribly out of date. Their latest con videos are from 2010, and they’re still advertising that the re-mastered DVD/Blu-ray version will be shipping mid-April of 2011. Oh, wait. It’s June 2011. And the DVD I grabbed at B45 is the old DVD. Awesome cause, but it definitely suffers from the typical failings that many volunteer projects often do.

Been meaning to pick it up sometime.

Doc

As large as I know he is, it made me really wonder how tall the captain was. And I adored ~ half of the characters in the crew. They had a talented group of writers and actors. The passion and talent seemed to be there, but $$$, training, and equipment was a bit lacking.

I have to say I was disappointed, but that may be because I was expecting a lot. The actors did a great job, but the quality of the film and sound was pretty sub-par IMHO. It also felt like there was a lot of missing tangential elements to the story. Certainly worth watching if you’re a Firefly fan, but do not go in expecting it too much. I do hope they continue to do more projects like this.

Overall I’d grade it as kind of a C- Firefly episode if I was comparing it to the original show.

Gotta say wasnt looking forward to super 8 but man was it Fucking GOOD f you havent seen it go see it definately a must see this summer…why you ask its like the goonies meets E.T. meets Aliens totally

Flying Spoon, and Faithful Servent of The FDO

this movie never gets old.

to see this tonight.

I caught a midnight showing of Super 8 last night. It was the most fun I’ve had at a movie in a while. Definately lived up to the hype imho.

It didn’t match the comic book canon, but it was entertaining.

Doc

This is one strange film! I can’t turn it off but I want to headbut the main character!

Bought it for Maeve’s birthday sleepover. Very cute!! Much better movie without four giggling girls talking through the whole thing.

Recently watched “Flyboys” the other day and I thought it was pretty good. Breif explanation: WWI is underway and a group of americans arrive from ship to learn to fly. I thought there were some killer dog fights and oh yeah there is a F**KING LION!……….The extremely humble owner of “THE ROOKIE” #2487/3000

I love cooky, over the top movies that KNOW they’re cooky, over the top movies. It’s hard to find a film that can do that with style and I’ve heard this is one of them.
    The Crank movies are another favorite of mine in the same vein.

good christ, Tom Hardy owned that movie.

Found him on the Twitter and he recommends:
    Primer, Anti-christ, Stalker
    If you missed it, his short film Corbin was shown Sunday at Balticon

I didn’t watch any movies on the flight back home, but tonight we started “Smoking Aces”. Pretty funny!

I like the remake better.

The comics seem to always be better than the movie version.
    Still, I’ll have to pick up the TPB when I come across it.

That movie was so much better than I expected it to be. Loved it.

— You’re not negative! You’re just positively challenged.

Soon to be starring in NOCTURNAL by Scott Sigler. The autograph line starts to the right.

Soon to be starring in NOCTURNAL by Scott Sigler. The autograph line starts to the right.

The first and last movie the Monkee’s starred in. You needed to be on acid to watch it. Luckly I still have flash backs….

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the 2009 “Iron Man” Award.
    Funky Name Brotha, Gutter Brethren & Pusher Thrice Over!

Did anyone remember talking to the filmmaker guy that was with A — he suggested several movies and I write it down, but can’t find that slip of paper… something about trying to keep track of things in bars just doesn’t work for me!

still trying to figure out why it took me so long to see it. Great movie.

…. Pierce Brosnan has done the best thus far. I’ve never understood why lots of folks love Connery as Bond, but hey, that’s why Baskins Robbins makes millions, right?

The best Bond, and still a hottie!

He’s a hottie!

Ahh 60s James Bond… Sean Connery, Nehru-jacketed supervillians, secret lairs in volcanoes, and an army of ninjas. What could be better?

Maybe an army of pirates, but that debate is ongoing ;)

I am crazier than a padded room full of Charlie Mansons!

Sgt. Renee Jordan PUMC, PUV James Keeling

Color me underwhelmed :/

I’ve read a few of the comics, so I’m sorta familiar with the character.

pure 80′s awesome.

I’ve never been on the Jack Black bandwagon and think the dude is highly overrated.
    The only time I ever really liked him was his small cameo in Anchorman.

OMFDO! Chris Hemsworth! YUM-MEE! Oh, and the movie was really good too!! Tongue out

Holy Christ on a Sexually Ambigious Pogo Stick, that was a long-ass movie. I mean really, 2.5 hours? WTF?!?

but I can hear him giggling in the other room!! Wink

else you should be watching tonight??? *wink, wink*

Black Swan & Green Hornet. Both from Redbox.

watching him watch it.

Gulliver’s Travels with Jack Black. Am I going to regret this?!

I have absolutely no desire to see it after hearing about it on Evo@11.

I really enjoyed this film!

It wasn’t nearly as bad as I was led to believe. Actually a pretty good flick, as long as you are willing to not take it too seriously and accept a little steampunkification.

First half was sick. Like i jumped probably 4 times, some really nice suspense and scare but after the first part where the team comes in with their cameras and stuff, i feel it kinda lost the plot a bit (suspense was still equally good though) overall decent film but not as good as expected

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

I love it, the husband did not. It’s a total chick flick.

I really liked Natalie Portman in Thor. One of the best actresses in Holywood, she got some of the best lines in the movie.

Dog Soliders was a well made flick.

The Irishman from Ohio

Although he may be a bit short, Chris Hemsworth (the title character) would be an AWESOME perry dawsey. not to mention i wouldnt mind seeing him in more movies :-)

What folks smoke in the privacy of their own homes should be their own business.

…the gub’ment spent $12 million to pop Tommy Chong for selling glassware.
    And you wonder why we’re broke…

I read a lot of comics growing up (who’m I kidding, I still read comics even at this stage of the game) but I was never really into Thor or The Avengers back then.

Even having limited knowledge of the Thor character, this movie was still a great ride. Plus, it’s another piece in the puzzle for The Avengers movie coming out soon. That could be HUGE if they pull it off well.

The preview just looked really stupid (not that I would say that’s always a bad thing)

great movie. I highly recommend it.

it just seemed like it was more their subject matter.
    But when the whole “Feed her! Feeeed heeeeeeeer!!” scene came up, I realized the scat made it 100% German.

Always like this.

is what that was!

Honestly? I expected to see something a little more interesting than what I saw. Didn’t even have a sufficient amount of gore the medieval times had.

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

movie. I would have been pissed if I spent 20 bucks at the theater though.

no, really, I’ve got nothing. That movie was just fuckin’ crazy weird, and I love crazy ass movies.

Did a double feature of these two films for what I dubbed Alien Date Night. Battle was really done well and reminded me a lot of ID4 if you took the comedy out and shifted the action to the ground. Paul was absolute comedic genius, especially if you’re a Con goer. Of course, if you’re not a Con goer, what the fuck are you doing on a Sigler forum??

Was really hoping this was going to be a great horror flick… the reviewers were right — first half is great, second half and ending are not so good. I would still recommend it. Would love to hear other Junkie’s opinions.
    Special effects were really good and I was clutching at the Big Guy’s arm almost the whole time, so yeah – I was scared. Was afraid I was going to have nightmares. So a good experience in the theater.

it will burn a hole in your brain! Combat Cook

That’s what that was.

backround though, and it shouldn’t be. The acting is great and the cinematography is strong but its the tension of knowing what [flickr-photo:id=5021674230,size=m]~Si Vis Pocum, Para Bellum – Jay-Gu-Ana, owner of the Sala Intrigue~

…’the hell was THAT!?!?!?

especially considering the very limited budget they had for the movie. It did seem like they borrowed many ideas from the movies I listed above (and possibly more) and some parts were just plain silly. But there were a few really good “shock value” moments and the CGI was pretty decent too. I’d recommend watching it, especially if you have already rented it. Wink

take your review

Part Matrix, part Starship Troopers, part Alien Resurrection, part goofy.

Besides it has to get old using the whips and chains…They should try lollipops and gumballs! :P Combat Cook

Not to bad for a movie from a story by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong ;)

What intriguing casting!

With a very yound Angela Landsbury and Donna Reed. Here’s the IMDB http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037988/

on your assessment on Your Highness. with all that i loved it.

HM-THE ROOKIE

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m] Undead WARLORD

“SHIT adds up at the bottom!” ~ JMK

Doc

I didn’t know there was a version before this one! I suppose it should surprise me, considering how old the book is. I’ll have to hunt that down. I’d love to see how it compares. Thanks!

Watched the original not too long ago. Fine film. I’ll have to check the new one out. Thanks!!

Everybody knows about Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, and Apocalypse Now, but The Deer Hunter always seems to fly under the radar.

…you had me at “tits”.

Pretty fun. You know what you’re getting going into it — pot jokes, swords, puns and tits. It’s pretty much slapstick with a few fight scenes thrown in. The hand-monster is really kick-ass, totally worth the admission price alone. Natalie Portman continues her campaign to be my Future Dark Empress Concubine™.

Watched this on netflix streaming. I thought it was an outstanding rendition. The plot stayed amazingly close to the book and major plus that Colin Firth was in it!

DeNiro, Walken, Streep. Vietnam. Russian Roulette. Intense.

Saw Your Highness and laughed my ass off. Could have used less Minotaur genitalia but Natalie Portman more than made up for it.

Always like this.

is it insidious? or insipid? (and someone got PAID for that tagline: Insidious is insidious… my dog could do better and she’s functionally illiterate.

It was decent.

The Irishman from Ohio

i really thought this movies was hilarious, but i have a weird sense of humor.

HM-THE ROOKIE

A great ending to a great series. A guy in it looked alot like my sisters fiance haha.

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

“yeah baby” – austin powers

HM-THE ROOKIE

I love zombie movies and I love shaky cams movies, so combining the two as well as that movie did was a total mind-eff.

I wasn’t so impressed with PA (haven’t seen the 2nd one yet). Everyone I knew said “OMG!!!!11one Itz th3 sc@ri3st!!!11″.
    No so much. It had some moments, but it was all pretty much canned egg timer scares; AND I went to see it on Halloween, even.

A modern horror classic…

aka nilling

Thor is coming to theatres soon!

Doc

I think that Paranormal Acitvity is one of those movies that was only ment to work once. I mean if you saw the first and went to see the sequal you already expect to see something crazy to happen and so while watching the movie we are doing just that…waiting.

If you liked those movies though you should check out REC and REC2. You will have to read the subtitles but they are both good movies. They remade the foriegn film REC into the US Quarantine but I am not sure if they are going to be making the sequal.

Love anything Marvel “Hey I’m a sucker for spandex and black leather uniforms lol”

I have seen the trailer for “Sucker Punch” looks good love the high octane and lots of weapons … just hope it delivers on the blood

I do love Dog Soldiers though the humour is so class for a B movie. Two fav lines of the film “Come have a go if you think your hard enough” to a werewolf lol. and the line where the young soldier picks up a stick and shouts “Fetch” as he chucks it. It is a must watch as there are plenty of great lines in it.

I wanted to see this for a while, but the reviews made me a little apprehensive because they bashed it a bit for weak story. But then it occurred to me that when I saw the trailers, I never thought “I really want to see that because the story looks fantastic.” I always thought “I really want to see that because it has girls with guns and swords fighting dragons, robots and nazi zombies.”

It delivered on all accounts and I left the theatre in a good mood.

it had that 80′s feel to the movie.

HM-THE ROOKIE

I watched this movie at a party, with lots of people, who were mildly intoxicated and just barely paying attention. Under those circumstances, Hot Tub Time Machine was enjoyable. But only just…

Going to see it tonight. Have seen the trailer and it looks to me a little like Run Lola Run or Ground Hog Day. Anybody else seen it?

aka nilling

It wasn’t terrible.

so far pretty good.

HM-THE ROOKIE

was digging it for about 3/4 of the movie…then I realized that the ending really makes you question what the hell the point of the last hour and a half was.

I can’t believe more people haven’t heard about it.

season of the witch. gotta love movie nights with the wife.

HM-THE ROOKIE

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

I’ve watched it twice and headed for a third! :)

I’m ashamed to say this but it’s true.

Wasn’t that scary except for some jump scares but thats just lazy writing Tongue out

seriously, you’re doing yourself a disservice if you don’t watch this movie, especially if you dig old school blaxploitation.

Mars Needs Moms… come on. If you can believe in Krakens… why not motherless Martians??

Just click here!

Took my son – preferred the original but not on DVD anymore….

“Who is Number One?”, “You, are Number Six!”, “I am not a number, I am a free man!”

Found it to be visually very complex. More than just eye candy. Really cool visuals.

The story I found very similar to Brazil in that it shifts back and forth between different character’s personal worlds. Message seems to be along the lines that reality isn’t important, but what you do with the tools you have is.

Doc

Watched the movie “Frozen” the other night…just make sure you watch while you are NOT under the influence because it will stress you out. The premis is a couple and a friend go to a ski resort and eventualy get stuck on the chair lift then shit happens. A simple movie and the acting isnt horrible so you guys should check it out. The movie is currently on Netflix streaming.

And no, we didn’t take the kids (they didn’t want to go!). I liked it, the animation is excellent and the story moves along well. Yes, it’s derivative and predictable — it’s a kids movie, what do you expect. But there were lots of times I laughed out loud.

Only see Paul if you enjoy laughing your ass off.

It was like a two hour episode of Spaced filmed in the US so you can understand what everyone is saying.

Always like this.

This is good to know. I may just give the 2nd and 3rd movies a chance!

You can’t measure them by the first movie. They stand by themselves and IMO are actually part 1 and 2 of a larger whole. I was lucky enough to not be able to see them untll both were available and it is better to watch them back to back.

… so revolutionary. I also think that people give the 2nd and third a bad wrap… they aren’t bad if you keep an open mind.

Oh em gee! And *my* geek cred gets called out?! lol… well, I hope that certain some one *cough* BigJohn *cough* rights that ergregious error.

For myself, I need to now view ‘The Matrix’. So many references are made to this movie (i.e. blue/red pill) that I need to see it. Everyone tells me that the second and third installments are rubbish, but I’m definitely in for seeing the first.

… that I’m normally a big fan of Robert Downey Jr., Zach Galifianakis, and Jamie Foxx, BUT I have to say that ‘Due Date’ was a crappy movie in my humble opinion. I laughed total of 4 times in the entire thing… not too good of a record for a comedy.

Not a biggie deal that you hadn’t seen it until… just a little surprising. It’s almost impossible to see ALL the flicks/shows that everyone else has, even hardcore staples of sci-fi geekdome such as this one.

On the topic of things you should have seen, I recently found out that a certain member of our esteemed group has yet to see ANY episode of Doctor Who. While I won’t say exactly who this is, I will say that his oversight may be attributed to him hearing that there are oranges or spiders featured in episodes… but that may just be an unfounded rumor on both parts.

I preface this post with shut up because a few months ago, a bunch of junkies called me on my geek cred when they found out I hadn’t watched ‘Blade Runner’.

I have amended my ways and finally sat my ass down and watched it in all it’s blu-ray glory. And the verdict?

….

I fucking *love* this movie!! I don’t know why I’ve never watched it before but I loved it! It holds up well both stylistically and fromt he aspect of special affects. I can see a lot of borrowing from this movie as well… in fact it reminded me a lot of the ‘Firefly’ universe. I can definitely see how other sci-fi movies were influenced by ‘Blade Runner’. Thanks to all of you who demanded I see it. I’ll be watching it again and again, that’s for certain!

That guy is definitely some flavor of undead.

better than i anticipated.

HM-THE ROOKIE

Very decent heist movie starring Ben Affleck. Directed and co-written by Ben Affleck. I never knew he had a Boston accent.

Always like this.

Not what I was expecting, it’s a romance movie, not sci fi. There’s no action outside of Matt Damon running around the city a few marathons worth and a car crash. Terence Stamp was awesome as always. I suspect that he may be a vampire since he’s been the same age (old) since I can remember. Emily Blunt looked about to cry the whole movie and Matt Damon was Matt Damon.

I recalled that I’d read the short story by Phillip K Dick years ago when I saw the end credits. I liked the movie, sans action and all. It was funny and if you need to take a hit on a chick movie, this is a palitable compromise. A great date movie.

Always like this.

It was a Korean revenge flick.

Meh……

Holy Crap! That last scene… holy crap! I mean, I understand that he didn’t like the guy, but DAMN.

This is going to be one of those movies I’m going to need a day or two to chew on.

Yeah, great flick… nothing to do with Pandora’s box however… Good sci-fi.

Not at all my sort of thing as it makes me feel old to watch college kids, but I’ll try anything.

I really enjoyed it, but it kind of came out of nowhere. The trailer set me up for a sort of District 9-y action/sci-fi, and it started out that way, the after the prologue dropped me right into a mash-up f every high school movie, just plus aliens. Don’t get me wrong, I loved it, but it was a classic case of how much trailers can mislead an audience.

E Unum Pluribus

Cause Megashark ate a fucking plane, you know.

“Maaaaam … if you were in a German scheisse video, you… you’d tell me, right? …”

I thought it was a shark movie, but there weren’t any sharks. Kind of off. There was this one guy who’s seen a shark, though. Scared him so bad he couldn’t talk very well.

Enjoyable sci-fi action thriller with maybe the coolest bad guys since Pinhead. The ending seemed to be set up for a sequel though.

aka nilling

…but your mom was in it. You should be ashamed.

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Yeah, the Van Damme one.
    I remember it sucking a lot more the last time I watched it 10 years ago.

Def worth it. I had a great time, and I was just killing time by myself. Get a group and go, and I think you’ll enjoy yourselves a lot.

That’s one of Susans favorite movies for some reason. One of the few chick flicks she can get me to sit through.

Adam Sandler is one of those actors that, to me, is hit and miss. I don’t know what it is about former SNL actors but for the most part their movies suck. Unfortunately the trailors are awesome and you think the movie is going to be hilarious, only to discover that all the funny parts were in the trailor! In my opinion Adam Sandler is not as bad as some. I have actually enjoyed some of his movies. I would like to ask you this. I have seen the trailer and it looks really funny. Is it worth spending the money to go see this movie in the theater or would I be better off watching it when it comes out on dvd?

McLaughlin plays a great alien

I’ve always avoided Adam Sandler movies before now, but I saw the trailer for this and decided to give it a shot. Some good, not-always-so-clean fun, that made me laugh all the way through.

I also saw UnKnown, which was just a really cool action movie for most of it, with some cool psychological issues, but which had a little bit of a weak ending. Still liked it overall.

After the ending I thought I might crap myself!!!

Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes

personally it did nothing for me.

And yes, the car chase was pretty cool. Definitely one of the higher quality B-sci-fi movies that gets chronically overlooked.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

Didn’t think it was as impressive as everyone else seemed to think it was. Certainly enjoyable, but not horribly special.

———————————————————-

• Tangent & Funky Name Brother; Founder of the Gutter Brethren; Frequent [flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

I’m LOVING Alpha and Omega on Blue Ray…… yay…

I’ve seen 31 movies this year. My goal is 200+.

The complete list (so far):

The Parallax View, Jackie Brown, Timestalkers, Robot Jox, Dead Again, Shiri, Citizen Kane, Exiled, The Hidden, MST3K: Manhunt In Space, North By Northwest, 12 Angry Men, Star Trek II, Manhattan, Django, The Long Good Friday, Slacker, Faust, Goza, Night Moves, 49th Parallel, Yojimbo, Surviving Desire, Star Trek III, The Killing, Runaway Train, Amarcord, Highlander, Bitter Feast, Godzilla vs. Destroyah, The Place Promised in Our Early Days

The Stinkers:

Goza, Robot Jox, Surviving Desire, Godzilla vs. Destroyah, 49th Parallel, and Shiri

My picks for Junkies:

Exiled is an excellent Asian gangster film. If you’re into gangster movies, this one has some badass shootout scenes, dark humor, and a very interesting group of antagonists. It reminded me of the Wild Bunch.

The Hidden is a low budget, late 80s, science fiction movie. The villain is a body hopping, psychotic alien. The hero is none other than Kyle “The Chin” McLachlan. This movie has excessive violence, a homemade flamethrower, fart jokes, and a really good ending. It also starts with a car chase.

Parallax View is a paranoid conspiracy thriller about a journalist who decides to investigate a political assassination after the eyewitnesses die mysteriously. I’d put this into a double feature with The Dead Zone or The Conversation.

Bitter Feast is an independent horror film about a chef who gets revenge on the food critic who ruined his career. He kidnaps the guy and subjects him to food related tortures. Bitter Feast was sick, twisted, and intelligent.

—————

“I love the smell of dead triangles in the morning…The smell, you know that rotting smell…smells like victory”

—Perry Dawsey paraphrasing Robert Duvall

and that was only because I wanted to make sure the monkey came out alright.

*******SPOILER WARNING*******
    he did.

Cardio, cardio cardio.
    iV veri veniversum vivus vici (idea’s cannot be killed)

…for about the 12th time. I know this flick got panned by the critics, but I think it is hi-frikkin-larious.

♫ Scotty doesn’t know, Scotty doesn’t know ♫

Abaddon, Baphomet, Samael, “that bitch who stole my wallet”… I am known by many names.

Just watched Black Swan, Pulp Fiction, and V for Vendetta. good stuff :3

so my netflix has been on overtime

just watched

x-man

transylmania

avater the last airbender season 3

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m][flickr-photo:id=3725895360,size=m]

Pretty much.

to watch for Italian scenery are Under the Tuscan Sun and Letters to Juliet. Wink

i’m as much a movie junkie as a sigler junkie! seen almost everything! so any questions on good movie feel free to ask!

Go see anthony hopkins in The Rite. Whether you believe in religion or not this was a great movie!!

It’s so expensive! Maybe in the next few years.

I can’t wait. Really! I can’t.

Best Performance by a Man Wearing a Steel Mask goes to…

Doc

It’s more like a foriegn country than a state. At least you don’t need a passport to go there, yet.
    Captcha: tificatory candi

Wow, what an amazing movie. It’s available on netflix instant view and I highly suggest that my fellow Junkies give it a chance.

from Netflix. I probably won’t watch it til the weekend though. Let me know what you thought.

You have Italy, while we have *grimace* New Jersey. Ugh!

(actually I kid, most of Jersey is really nice)

Most intense movie I’ve seen in a long time. Loved it.

… “Machete” as soon as the kids are in bed. I’m in a love-hate relationship with Rodriguez’s films… I either love them or I hate them… hope this one is of the former variety.

Awesome film

Two studioes came together to make that flick and it’s budget was over a million bucks.

…or so I’m told.

It seemed to be more about the couple than the creatures. They could have saved a lot on SFX by just using a more contemporary storyline. Aliens brought nothing to the story.

Doc

Gotta love a movie where the rules are simple…cardio/cardio/cardio…double tap…and beware public bathrooms. Not to forget the fact that you got Bill Murray getting offed in his own home.

I actually own this flick. It’s probably the biggest budget flick of it’s kind that I’ve ever seen. Actually really good production quality and kinda artsy in parts. If it wasn’t for Jenna’s crappy acting, it could have been a decent, ligit flick. But then again, I’m sure Jenna wasn’t hired for her acting skills Wink

I’ll let you know what I thought of it.

EDIT: Overall, I was not impressed. The movie just seemed to drag on and on to me! There were a couple of ‘shock value’ moments but nothing to write home about, in my opinion. I’m a tough horror critic though, so I’m very glad that I went to see a matinee. If I’d paid full price for this movie, I would have been very upset.

you’re right. Now that you mention it, I do remember having a hard time finishing the book after that point.

I enjoyed it. I thought Johnny Depp was great. I’m also partial to movies filmed in Italy. I’ll get back there again one of these days… *sigh*

… Star Wars trilogy while I work from home over the weekend developing a presentation. I try to revisit this every few years…

Loved the book up until the humans win the day… after that it got really hoakie with the restoration and banking stuff…

I’m thinking about seeing it, but want to make sure it’s not crap if I shell out for the theater experience!

funny & cute

a bit of Carrie too! Great minds and all that… Wink

Had some tense scenes and a scary-Carrie-like Mum

aka nilling

It’s a long read but infinitely better than the movie.

Haven’t seen it in years and remembered it to be a fairly entertaining movie, despite every other person on the planet jumping on the “BE was the worst movie EVAR!” bandwagon.

That said, after watching it again tonight, I kinda see what everyone was talking about. Still entertaining though.

Which version did you watch? The original 1979 version or the one made in 2004?

I gotta say that I preferred the novel to the movies or the mini series.

BTW: About halfway through book 6 for the 4th time… love that series.

Really not all that bad. Well to be honest I really liked it, sort of a throw back with little character twists and a unexplainable evil. It wasn’t hard to see most of it coming but still a fun watch.

Was a pretty good exploitation flick… Robert Rodriguez does Tarentino better than Tarentino.

Always like this.

Love Edward Norton and of course DeNiro can play any role perfectly. This was a freaky flick, but somewhat predictable-if you have seen any of the trailers. Hard for me to see Milla Jojovich as anyone but “Alice” (Resident Evil) but she did a good job of playing a manipulative psychopath. It’s worth seeing just to get a view of Norton’s cornrow’s. The end was surprisingly good and I wasnt expecting it. I give it a 3 out of 5.

Awesome movie. Natalie Portman. ‘nuf said.
    Captcha: Bloom subjectr
    One shot one kill? Please, I don’t have that kind of time.

1 of the things that amazes me about that series of movies is the continuity throughout them, it’s freaking impressive and easiest to discover in a back to back watching. Also, they actually built all that shit, and that’s just fucked up.

It is an adult pirate movie starring Jenna Jameson from Wicked Pictures in 1996. It has a huge pirate ship among other huge thingys, heh heh.

According to the prophecy; I am SHOT SLAP OUT. The Master Underworld Smuggler, Smuggler’s Alliance Master Pilot & Imperial General in the Galactic Civil War on Star Wars Galaxies (MMORPG) servers Radiant & Flurry.

I had really high hopes for this flick.
    I’ll probably still get around to giving it a watch, but it’s moved down my list of “Must See”.

It was just like Skyline, except without the story, budget, action or plot. Yes, it sucked on a stick. The ‘Monsters’ weren’t scary or intellegent. As far as I could see the creatures didn’t bother anyone unless provoked. Mostly they just walked in a straight line on their ‘migration path’ and destroyed stuff when people shot at them. Showing no real intellegence outside of your average caged bird or ‘super powers’ somehow they managed to pose an unstoppable force to the modern-day military. Ok, they were like 50-foot tall 1/2 squid 1/2 giraffes.

The monsters made the humans look like intellectuals.

#1. Nearly everyone carried small arms although they were useless against the aliens.
    #2. Nobody showed any real concern over the alien invasion. There even humans living in monster infested areas with their familys & pets.
    #3. The few bits of action (off screen) where people died is where a few guys run up and shoot at a couple of the monsters, inviting thier own deaths….
    #4 Although the military were able to contain the aliens within an infested area, humanity didn’t seem to be motivated at all to wipe them out. It seemed like with a little effort and some big bombs they could have cleared up the nasty ol’ alien problem.

This movie pissed me off after reading all the hype and outrage on the limited theatrical release. Just because it’s an ‘indy’ sci-fi film doesn’t mean it’s going to be good. I discovered a couple years ago that ‘indie comedy’ = drama. With Monsters I am thinking ‘indie sci-fi’ = crap.

Always like this.

oh no, I think that was from the Other Guys… WTF?!?Surprised

longest movie ever, or so it seemed.
    I just read the 7 Gunslinger/DarkTower books and wanted to get the back story on one of the characters. Wow…

holy christ, was that awful.

One of the most contrived films I have ever seen and the biggest shock was it was directed by Clint Eastwood. A reluctant physic from America, a bonkers French journalist and a scary looking British schoolboy cross paths during a London book fair, how all this is contrived is jaw-dropping! The film poster said ‘thoughtful’ which means lots a shots of Matt Damon looking out of a window, accompanied by an acoustic guitar. Eastwood’s view of London has every possible stereotypical view of London and it’s inhabited by cockneys, Guv!

If you’ve seen the trailer, you’ve seen the film. First and last 10 mins are good but the middle-bit is SO dull. All the film budget appears to be spent on the spectacular opening tsunami scene. With no money left the cast look dress like they got their wardrobe from charity shops! Avoid

aka nilling

Best film I’ve seen for a while.

aka nilling

Wondered if I was simply becoming a grumpy old man (while still quite young I should hasten to point out).

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

[flickr-photo:id=5069323983,size=m] The quiet guy in the corner, figuring out how to destroy all of you.

I have no use for 3-D. I have yet seen a movie that was better for it.

This is a very good movie. Well worth seeing.

pretty dull. Just like the first 6 so what did I expect.

Until a movie like Tron: Legacy comes out…in the event that 3-D will make the movie that much more visually stunning, I’m willing to add the extra little bit to check it out.

But in most cases, it seems to be a waste of time and funds.

3D adds nothing to the overall movie experience.

It wasn’t too bad, good in places average in others. Did like the references to Bruce Lee that kept cropping up though. What I hated was the 3D. Other than £5 to each ticket it didn’t add anything to the movie. What is it about this 3D craze? Am I the only person that thinks its just a way to screw more cash out of us? Seriously, it’s not like the tech has been around for decades or anything, oh wait, it has. It’d be like throwing a fiver onto the ticket price just because they upgraded from 5.1 to 7.1 surround sound. You also have to wear these stupid glasses that darken the picture. Gah!

Freaking awesome movie. Absolutely fantastic

There will be a fight!

Jason Statham

we need one of those sware machines on the wall at work!

Carole Ann, come into the light! Scary scary scary!

This one will definitely screw with your mind.

I always watch i when it comes on cable.

but what he had to do to himself to survive was just horrible. What a brave guy.

I had very low expectations for this film, and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be. As The_Engine said it had a lot of potetial but the ending cocked it up. I Liked the effects a fair bit and the story was pretty good, as generally was the acting. I am a sucker for alien invasion films and this gave me a lot to think about and left me with a lot of questions. There was so much here that could have been exploed further but in reading about the film i think the filmakers have focused too much on effects and should have spent more time on other aspects of the film.

Good to have a refresher after 10+ years. This movie was scary as HELL when it came out… Often imitated but it was Speilberg who got it right the first time!

Always like this.

Wow, I forgot how cool this movie is.

trippy with a good end.

I read the book, listened to the audiobook and can’t wait to see it. 127hrs

But you forgot to tell use what you watched for 127 hours last nite.

It was horrible! What a man!!

Bah…I want nothing more to do with him.

A must see for anyone who enjoys comic based/hero movies at ALL.

———————————————————-

Really is a best for Ryan Reynolds…I know a lot of people say thats not that hard to do but this was very intense and well done. I have a lot more respect for this Canadian import and funny man. I dont do this often but I give this 5 out of 5 Stars. You have to check this one out!

Good acting, coherent storytelling, interesting visuals but somehow fell flat for me, though the other people I saw it with enjoyed it. I’d give it a 6/10.

I also watched Inception last night. Very good show, but must pay attention!

Instant from Netflix. Interesting, if you like cheesey horror movies. Tom Wopat from Duke of Hazzards (T.V.) was in it. Surprised to see he is still alive (barely).

On instant Netflix! It’s finally available through instant streaming Laughing

Just a thought…….

———————————————————-

i haven’t dropped the $40 for the 5-disc Ultimate Collection set yet.

Crank and Crank: High Voltage were both awesome. I’ve seen both several times and enjoy the hell out of it each time I watch. Really hoping for a third.

They missed out huge on a video game/movie tie in.

———————————————————-

……horribly inferior to the theatrical release. Until recently it was difficult to find the older version.

———————————————————-

I watched Blade Runner again last night. It was the first time i’ve seen it in years and i’d forgotten how stunning the film film is. Even seeing the odd wire holidng a police car up didnt annoy me but just reminded me of how real the film feels. no matter how good CGI gets it will never be able to make the actor feel how the set or location is and that itself translates to the viewer. Hellboy 2 especially is a prime example of this as the Troll Market scene alone is all there and the detail that is put into the set is amazing.

Back to Blade Runner though. I had forgotten just how good the film is and i am very tempted to get hold of the book by PHillip K Dick that it is based apon.

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren

[flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=5328397791,size=m]

Watched it again last night. Surprisingly better the second time around.

Death, chaos and mayhem, the music of the night

OMG I forgot how great this movie is.

Yeah they made a us version called let me in but i dont know if itll be as good

You’re out of luck. Cause this is me not giving a F**k

Probably the most original vampire movie I’ve ever seen. The story doesn’t center around the vampire aspect. What a concept! It’s much more a coming of age/Lord of the Flies type concept.

It’s from Sweden, though, so you need to be okay with either subtitles or dubbing. It’s always refreshing to see something outside of the standard Hollywood fare.

———————————————————-

with Jason Statham. A lot funnier than I thought it would be!

Funny as hell!

Found a 3-disc set in a DVD bargain bin and watched them back-to-back this afternoon. Sooo funny to re-watch after so many years! The second one really made me laugh, with its flying cars, hoverboards and people dressed in space outfits… in 2015. Also, it appears they thought computers would be obsolete by now and that faxes were the way of the future. lol

[flickr-photo:id=4730034487,size=m] ~S&N Bouncer and Official Hitwoman for the Gutter Sistren~

sucked BALLS! So much potential ruined and the final few minutes robbed it of what would have been at least a death with dignity.

I loved Despicable Me! I saw it 3x thanks to the $1 theater

Freeze ray! Freeze ray! Freeze ray!

Such a lovable movie. My favourite characters were Maximus and Pascal. :D

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, Member of the Gutter Sistren, and Pastry Princess

[flickr-photo:id=4759167440,size=m]

Tongue out

and I laughed my ass off.

That movie is hilarious. For me, the grossest part was when the doc squeezed out the puss. Not a surprise really as we (people) are programmed to find that repellant

off I-25 and Hampden.

I just love how he keeps getting killed and coming back

Got it for the little people in my house for Christmas and the whole family watched it.

I actually realely enjoyed it.

Almost at the end fo this one and i’ve enjoyed it a lot. Although i’m still not sold on Micheal Cera.

And the Descent is one of the best films i’ve ever seen. Freaked me out a lot. i havent seen the second one yet.

The first one, The Descent was excellent, as horror movies go. I was practically sitting in the Big Guys lap the whole time ( I think he planned it that way.) The second one had a weak plot and the end just didn’t make any sense. oh well… I have “Human Centipede” on Netflix ready to go.

The movie with Christian Slater and Minnie Driver? I didn’t think anyone else had even heard of that.

You’d never guess it was Hollywood Tongue out

Not my cup of tea. Not sure I need a metaphor to show me that life is random and death gets us all. Seems kind of obvious. Loved FARGO and RAISING ARIZONA, but did not dig NO COUNTRY and TRUE GRIT didn’t do much for me either. I think that makes me 50/50 on Cohen Brothers films.

Proud member of the Gutter Sistren and CBBC Tigress

Good Spot!

Always a great flick to watch. Was Kurt Russel deliberately trying to sound like John Wayne? I think he was.

Not an amazing movie, plot was weak but loads of awesome action and some fairly emotional parts but worth a watch if you like actions.

The only reason i watched it was because the amazing maggie grace is in it and she’s such a good actor. She’s in the upcoming twilight film but dunno if i’ll be able to sit through it

Angeline Jolie looked like a princess! . I thought it was a really slow film with a predicable ending. The secenery was stunning and the whole production flawless, but the plotline Undecided