This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolf Wolf 6 years, 8 months ago.

Language

• Profile photo of Wolf

YEAH!  What he said up there^^^

Profile photo of Arturo Alamilla

I also live close to the border, the TV signals from both sides are strong enough that they leap over. So since I was a little kid I watched TV in both languages, cartoons where a big help; plots easy to follow, and simple words as dialogue. After that, everyone that goes to school gets at least 3 years of a foreign language taught at school from the 7th to the 9th grade (but most people waste those classes).

Profile photo of Thomas Reed

-i got the viva sigler part……….
    i am ashamed to say i live in south Texas and don’t speak spanish.
    EDIT: ok, looked closer at what you said and got the gist of it. now, if you spoke it to me, i wouldn’t have a clue
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Arturo Alamilla

No te preocupes Futuro Gran Señor Oscuro (FDO). Entendemos que estas muy ocupado, pero bueno… hay muchos hispano-hablantes en San Francisco, en algun futuro… allí alguien te puede ayudar con la pronunciación.

VIVA SIGLER! Laughing 

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

Works for my husband.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of zackmann

member facebook fans of Pookie

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12495926026

Profile photo of Nathan Wells

They need work.  but, hey, its free what do ya expect. All jokes aside, you are amazing. Now if you could just come to my neck of da woods for a signing.
    Nate Dogg… "life is hard. But its one helluva lot harder if you’re stupid"- -John Wayne

Profile photo of Wolf

if Mrs. FDO stood behind him and hiked his boxer/briefs whenever he had to do a female voice….

Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

*Dies* Dude. Yes. That would be soooo hilarious! 

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

-nitpicking aside, you do just fine (except maybe for some of the female voices, they need some work dude)
    http://www.pgholyfield.com/maah/

Profile photo of Barbara Jungbauer

Yep, yer pretty much helpless at women’s voices … I’m just waiting for the day you have to do a someone of the feminine persuasion trying to persuade someone into an intimate situation.  aka – can’t wait until you have to try to play a woman being all seductive.  That’s gonna be some funny stuff.
    Tastes Like Chicken

Profile photo of Insignificant Blood Splatter

Riiiiight. Excuses, excuses…

Okay, just kidding! You can have a busy real life. I guess… 

"Urban legends go well with parmesan and horror. In fact their name is conveniently one and the same: Stevie."

Profile photo of

Yep, correct pronunciations aren’t my thing. However, do you mean Hillary or Mommy? Hillary speaks English, except for that one scene with the Mexican. Mommy is speaking some bastard form of French.

Here’s the thing – you type these words out for the manuscript, and they are great. You read them, you’re in deep shit unless you speaka-da-langauge, and I do not. Hey, at least it’s not as bad as my female voices …

Unfortunately, I’m so slammed right now I don’t put much advance planning into these episodes, OTHER THAN the writing itself. Sunday comes, I gather up what I’ve created, and I roll with it. It honestly catches me by surprise when it’s non-English dialogue, and I wish I’d had more time to get coaching. But, I don’t have that time right now, so I roll with it. 

Profile photo of John Taflan

Scott,

Nocturnal is great. Scott, you need to learn how to pronounce languages other than English. I’m bi-lingual English-Spanish.

Sorry pal, the Spanish is rough, real rough. Bad enough to get you shot in the wrong place. Hillary needs to speak so she can be understood. If you need help, just email.

By the way, the Pookie character is great.’

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.