This topic contains 23 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Arioch Morningstar Arioch Morningstar 4 years, 7 months ago.

Just got it from amazon!!

[flickr-photo:id=3274749401,size=m]

A life vacant of laughter is not worth exerting the effort it takes to live it.

If you want me to be your zipper masked boy bitch, you have to be my [redacted] [redacted] gutter [redacted]. Turnabout is fair play, you know Cool

And I’m still a bit leary about what I can get away with posting publicly. I tend to offend people sometimes. Embarassed

Capitalism is ingrained into your souls Tongue out Can’t we all just get along?

I was trying to create an all inclusive group. So we could all be perverted together. Thought Gutter Brethren would work. KM liked it, think ISB might have too. Guess I should have called it Gutter Neutren or some such. Oh well.

Certainly making crude and titilating comments is a requirement of Gutter Sistren membership! Wink, Wink, nudge, nudge!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

Equal rights for having totaly gutter brains!

Why yes, apples. How did you know? [flickr-photo:id=4347154616] Pusher and member of the Gutter Sistren

They still can’t figure out what’s wrong?

• Proud Member of GirlCo, Evil Incarnate, and Pastry Princess

all I was going for was a BoyCo –> GirlCo type thing. I looked it up cuz I didn’t even know if sistren was a real word or not…. and I just posted the link to show that I didn’t make it up. [flickr-photo:id=4369581706,size=m]

Pusher, Co-Founder of the Gutter Sistren & [flickr-photo:id=3938763689,size=m]

We keep eliminating potential causes, but that isn’t doing a whole hell of a lot to make me feel better.

Are you trying to take all the fun out of our little Sistren?

When I initially made that group up, I understood brethren to be all inclusive (both male & female). If y’all want to be divisive, I’ll leave that up to you Tongue out

Your link makes it sound like the only people who use sistren are overly sensitive feminazis. And I absolutely loathe how our society continues to become more and more PC. I consider myself a feminist when it comes right down to it, but this one seems like a case of folks getting butt hurt over nothing. When I say that, I don’t mean the junkie sistren/brethren, but the feminazis who are attempting to revive a word that died in the 16th century. English is complex enough as it is.

Yep, my stuff is as good as that delicious soft cheese product in the aerosol can. Well, almost as good.

So you could say we are feminist writers who enjoy crude, gutter humor? Yeah, I can go for that.

Noticed you weren’t around much, hope you are feeling oK

I googled it and found this!

Gutter Sistren? Guess I don’t have too much room to talk when it comes to made up words. Kind of surprised there’s not an actual mirror for brethren though……

It’s kind of like when you read a book that you’ve seen a movie of. Even if you’ve read the book previously, you tend to visualize it however it was depicted on screen when you go back to read it again. I suspect that’s why it can be upsetting when our mental image diverges from how they cast characters.

This is especially true when they totally mis-cast a character. That was one of the most aggravating things to me with the CONTAGIOUS trailer. The actor the director cast for Perry (about 0:26 in) was way too small. Looked about average to me. Maybe 5’10” and 150 lbs? No way he was big enough to be Scary Perry Dawsey. Drives me nuts every time I see it. Totally understand the logistic reasons of why, but it still creates a mental disharmony.

I’m quite ambivalent about the ANCESTOR trailer for that very reason. When someone tries to transfer your favorite novel by one of your favorite authors onto the screen, they have a nearly impossible task. We are essentially asking them to either match or surpass what we’ve created in our heads. The difficultly level only increases when you introduce sci-fi into the mix. We’ll see what they come up with for the ANCESTOR creatures. That strikes me as a potential Achille’s heel of the trailer. I suspect many Junkies have a definitive picture of what an ANCESTOR looks like. INFECTED was awesome though, so we’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

at http://www.strangerthings.tv/ that you saw Sacred Cow. Welcome, A lot of Junkies like to finish a podcast before reading the book. Its like you said, when you’re reading you hear Scotts character voices in you head. That makes for a much better reading experience. :)

[flickr-photo:id=3718433600,size=m]
    KISS’d by Sigler. Honored recipient of the “Iron Man” Award. Pusher twice over.

UNdead Advisor to the King Of UNdead for Sigler

that’s one of the bonds of the Junkies! Welcome to your new addiction!

The 1st thing I saw from Scott was the short film sacred cow on some website.Wow what a great idea,thought that the guy that came up with that is cool!Then found his stuff on itunes and was hooked.I have downloaded everything and just ate it up.My wife and I listened to it everynight before bed and piss ourselfs every time we hear the opening with Scott screaming TURN IT OFF NOW PUSSSAY!So after awhile now I just had to join the crackheads and buy the book.I think when I read it I am going to hear Scott’s voice for all the caracters which is not a bad thing,just never had that with a book before.I will give him A for the voices he come up with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.